Fake Trade Thread #4

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Re: Fake Trade Thread #4 

Post#781 » by HornetJail » Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 pm

fatlever wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I thought Bouknight was pretty spry on defense when he was forced to play against for covid reasons

He's taller and bigger than Rozier and more focused than Monk

smallish sample, but bouk was worst on team among anyone who got minutes in def rating, def win shs, def plus minus... right there with IT. tools may be there, but definitely didnt translate. i'd be curious to see those numbers minus garbage time. cleaning glass prob has it.

I for sure would not look at season long defensive advanced stats for a rookie that basically only played garbage time this year...

He has two stretches where he played something resembling rotation minutes:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/hornets-players-defensive-rating-dec-6-to-dec-13 (4 games when the whole team got COVID. 132.6 Drtg, the worst out of anybody who played those 4 games)
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/hornets-players-defensive-rating-jan-23-to-jan-30 (5 games when Hayward and Jalen both initially went down. 119.5 Drtg, again worst out of the anybody who played those 5 games but not far behind)

Again, really really really really small sample size that I wouldn't take anything from, but neither the numbers nor the eye test would back up Bouk being decent defensively in those brief minutes. Best I can say is he wasn't atrocious and he tried.

I hope both Bouk and Kai get into action next season, because we have effectively seen nothing that should change our opinions of them from when they were drafted.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#782 » by yosemiteben » Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:we have effectively seen nothing that should change our opinions of them from when they were drafted.

I saw Bouk act like he was going to fight JB. That wasn't exactly encouraging as a signal for his maturity.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#783 » by HornetJail » Fri May 13, 2022 11:20 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:we have effectively seen nothing that should change our opinions of them from when they were drafted.

I saw Bouk act like he was going to fight JB. That wasn't exactly encouraging as a signal for his maturity.

I'm not going to fault any 21-year-old for an isolated moment of frustration like that. If it happens multiple times then it's a potential concern.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#784 » by yosemiteben » Sat May 14, 2022 12:01 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

I'm not going to fault any 21-year-old for an isolated moment of frustration like that. If it happens multiple times then it's a potential concern.

I'm not like that worked up about it, but it's a terrible look IMO and it's hard for me to act like it didn't happen. It that had happened with his college coach it would have been a huge red flag for me come draft time.
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Post#785 » by Roll Tide 09 » Sat May 14, 2022 4:47 am

We should explore a trade where we try to send out Oubre, Bouknight/Hayward, Richards, Martin, Washington, Harrell, Plumlee, and picks for Embiid and whatever else to make it work.

It’s time for this team to stop the half a** moves and to at least TRY and strike big without destroying the chemistry. At this point, I’d even dump the same players for LeBron and Monk and then stick LeBron at Center.

Ball
Rozier
Bridges
Thor
Kai

All off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#786 » by amcoolio » Sat May 14, 2022 5:28 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:We should explore a trade where we try to send out Oubre, Bouknight/Hayward, Richards, Martin, Washington, Harrell, Plumlee, and picks for Embiid and whatever else to make it work.

It’s time for this team to stop the half a** moves and to at least TRY and strike big without destroying the chemistry. At this point, I’d even dump the same players for LeBron and Monk and then stick LeBron at Center.

Ball
Rozier
Bridges
Thor
Kai

All off limits.

Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, Luka, and Booker are completely off limits unless traded for each other. (which none of the teams would do)

Anthony Davis could be had though.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#787 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 14, 2022 5:41 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:We should explore a trade where we try to send out Oubre, Bouknight/Hayward, Richards, Martin, Washington, Harrell, Plumlee, and picks for Embiid and whatever else to make it work.

Ball
Rozier
Bridges
Thor
Kai

All off limits.

You could include Lamelo and our entire team and Philly would laugh. Embiid is a potential generational talent that probably should've won MVP this year and will win 2 or 3 before his careers over.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#788 » by CuseMayne » Sat May 14, 2022 6:18 am

Ball
Rozier
Bridges
Thor
Kai

All off limits.

Lol.

Also, Rozier, Thor and Kai being off limits for Embiid......lol.
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#789 » by ZarcMumoff » Sat May 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Could I interest you all into one Matisse Thybulle?
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#790 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 14, 2022 3:20 pm

ZarcMumoff wrote:Could I interest you all into one Matisse Thybulle?

I like Thybulle. A lot.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,147

Post#791 » by JMAC3 » Sat May 14, 2022 4:35 pm

How about PJ and 15 for Patrick Williams?

Bulls fans were asking about PJ a lot around deadline. Gives them a good stretch 4 and another pick to add to depth which they lack. Also, since they are paying Lavine, Demar, Zo and Vuc so much more players on rookie deals is good for them.

Hornets add a potential wing defender in PWill
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
amcoolio

Post#792 » by amcoolio » Sat May 14, 2022 5:16 pm

Rather have PJ and the pick (Mark Williams, Griffin, Sochan, Davis, Daniels, Eason, Agbaji, Jovic, Kessler)

This draft has a lot of high upside players that fit our team in the 10-18 range. Even someone like Jovic fits and is worth the upside pick

List of solid or better players that panned out last few years in the 10-20 range:

Haliburton
Isaiah Stewart
Saddiq Bey
Washington
Herro
Thybulle
SGA
Miles Bridges
Michael Porter Jr
Hueter
Donovan Mitchell
Bam
John Collins
Jarrett Allen

And that's just the last 4 drafts. And we'd trade the 13 or 15 for any of these players without hesitation. Then you have players like Duarte, Sengun, Trey Murphy, and of course Kai and Bouk from this past draft.
Just draft well, and you are fine.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#793 » by JMAC3 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:39 pm

amcoolio wrote:Rather have PJ and the pick (Mark Williams, Griffin, Sochan, Davis, Daniels, Eason, Agbaji, Jovic, Kessler)

This draft has a lot of high upside players that fit our team in the 10-18 range. Even someone like Jovic fits and is worth the upside pick

List of solid or better players that panned out last few years in the 10-20 range:

Haliburton
Isaiah Stewart
Saddiq Bey
Washington
Herro
Thybulle
SGA
Miles Bridges
Michael Porter Jr
Hueter
Donovan Mitchell
Bam
John Collins
Jarrett Allen

And that's just the last 4 drafts. And we'd trade the 13 or 15 for any of these players without hesitation. Then you have players like Duarte, Sengun, Trey Murphy, and of course Kai and Bouk from this past draft.

I mean you can make a list just as long that are bad players.

Patrick Williams was the 4th pick so he has high upside if he can stay healthy and he has tools to be a guy that can play 36 mpg and guard the best offensive player. We need that badly.
Big Board
amcoolio

Post#794 » by amcoolio » Sat May 14, 2022 5:42 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Rather have PJ and the pick (Mark Williams, Griffin, Sochan, Davis, Daniels, Eason, Agbaji, Jovic, Kessler)

Haliburton
Isaiah Stewart
Saddiq Bey
Washington
Herro
Thybulle
SGA
Miles Bridges
Michael Porter Jr
Hueter
Donovan Mitchell
Bam
John Collins
Jarrett Allen

Patrick Williams was the 4th pick so he has high upside if he can stay healthy and he has tools to be a guy that can play 36 mpg and guard the best offensive player. We need that badly.

Yes, but if the hit rate is decent, wouldn't you want to just make the picks?
As for Williams, he is tantalizing but hasn't materialized yet in two seasons. Bulls fans were actively looking to upgrade that position and send him to the bench.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#795 » by JMAC3 » Sat May 14, 2022 6:04 pm

amcoolio wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Yes, but if the hit rate is decent, wouldn't you want to just make the picks?
As for Williams, he is tantalizing but hasn't materialized yet in two seasons. Bulls fans were actively looking to upgrade that position and send him to the bench.

More than likely if we make 2 picks, 1 will work out and 1 won't.

Also, in order for the picks to work out they need to be able to get on the floor.

I see people on this board talking about how Martin is a must keep, Bouknight is ready for minutes, Thor is going to be good, Kai is our future center... We don't even have enough minutes for those guys, yet we think adding two more rookies is going to be a needle mover?

I am all for trading guys, but its not very realistic to just assume we move Plumlee and Oubre and keep all the valuable assets. Also, Kai,Thor and Bouk don't have great trade value right now, so if you believe they will be good it makes more sense to trade these picks this year.
Big Board
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#796 » by fatlever » Mon May 16, 2022 3:56 am

miles for ayton s&t, who says no?
amcoolio

Post#797 » by amcoolio » Mon May 16, 2022 3:59 am

fatlever wrote:miles for ayton s&t, who says no?

Us. Ayton is softer than charmin, and I don't think he'll ever reach Miles level offensively, whereas Miles can keep evolving
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#798 » by fatlever » Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 am

if mitch was the genius some think he is, he'd figure out a way to get ayton and still keep miles. give up any collection of players, future assests and take on whatever bad money. melo, miles, ayton would be legit, but you better surround them w/ some adults.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#799 » by fatlever » Mon May 16, 2022 4:09 am

amcoolio wrote:
fatlever wrote:miles for ayton s&t, who says no?

Us. Ayton is softer than charmin, and I don't think he'll ever reach Miles level offensively, whereas Miles can keep evolving

maybe, but melo needs an ayton more than he needs a miles. another miles level forward is also easier to find. hornets havent had a 2-way center since the 90s.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,038

Post#800 » by JDR720 » Mon May 16, 2022 4:15 am

It seems like an obvious trade to do.

Ayton also shot 37% from 3pt this season (very few attempts, to be fair). Which is higher than Miles did

Miles is good, but so is Ayton. I'd probably rate them evenly. But Ayton types are harder to find. So it makes sense, you just have to consider what Melo would think about it.

Return to Charlotte Hornets