ImageImage

Playoff Hunt Thread

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,201

Re: Playoff Hunt Thread 

Post#21 » by amcoolio » Fri Apr 1, 2022 6:01 pm

LofJ wrote:I feel confident that this team can beat any of the other 7-10 teams in the play-in with the exception of the Nets. They're going to get preferential treatment from the referees. They'd have to play at the level of a contender to overcome the BS that would certainly be thrown in front of them in a play-in against the Nets.

Atlanta is playing very well lately...they are top 5 in net rating over the last 15 games. I'm guessing they are 9 and we are 10 based on their cupcake schedule and we lose in Atlanta and are out. Really need to get that 8th seed to get 2 chances and a home game.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,474

Post#22 » by LofJ » Fri Apr 1, 2022 6:18 pm

amcoolio wrote:
LofJ wrote:I feel confident that this team can beat any of the other 7-10 teams in the play-in with the exception of the Nets. They're going to get preferential treatment from the referees. They'd have to play at the level of a contender to overcome the BS that would certainly be thrown in front of them in a play-in against the Nets.

Atlanta is playing very well lately...they are top 5 in net rating over the last 15 games. I'm guessing they are 9 and we are 10 based on their cupcake schedule and we lose in Atlanta and are out. Really need to get that 8th seed to get 2 chances and a home game.

The Hornets are right there with the Hawks over that stretch of games and just beat them two weeks ago. They shouldn't scare this team, they can be beaten.

That said I agree, getting out of the 9/10 game to have two shots at advancing would be big.
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#23 » by CuseMayne » Fri Apr 1, 2022 9:31 pm

Both the ESPN.com and NBA.com standings list us as the 9th seed even though, to my knowledge, we own the tiebreaker against the Nets and both teams are 40-37. Just to confirm, we do have that tiebreaker against them right?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,201

Post#24 » by amcoolio » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:17 am

CuseMayne wrote:Both the ESPN.com and NBA.com standings list us as the 9th seed even though, to my knowledge, we own the tiebreaker against the Nets and both teams are 40-37. Just to confirm, we do have that tiebreaker against them right?

We need Hawks to beat the Nets tomorrow, then we'll have all tiebreakers
If Brooklyn wins, they'll hold the 3-way tie breaker

Charlotte controls their own destiny if they win out, they would play the Cavs in the 7/8 matchup unless the Cavs royally screw up their last 5 games
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#25 » by CuseMayne » Sat Apr 2, 2022 6:19 am

amcoolio wrote:
CuseMayne wrote:Both the ESPN.com and NBA.com standings list us as the 9th seed even though, to my knowledge, we own the tiebreaker against the Nets and both teams are 40-37. Just to confirm, we do have that tiebreaker against them right?

We need Hawks to beat the Nets tomorrow, then we'll have all tiebreakers
If Brooklyn wins, they'll hold the 3-way tie breaker

Charlotte controls their own destiny if they win out, they would play the Cavs in the 7/8 matchup unless the Cavs royally screw up their last 5 games

(Definitely a possibility we won't be saying this come play-in time, but) LFG HAWKS!!!
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#26 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sat Apr 2, 2022 6:38 am

The Knicks and Wizards have been eliminated. We are guaranteed to finish at least 10th. Play-in or play-offs are assured.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,561

Post#27 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 4, 2022 11:14 pm

Looking more likely we face nets in play in. Hawks catch fire at right time yet again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,301

Post#28 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 9, 2022 10:05 pm

Bucks just made their core starters doubtful for tomorrow in Cleveland. So Cavs get a free win and play Nets in the 7-8. Nets easily beat the Pacers to secure 7. That leaves the Hornets with 9 at best. Would need help from the Rockets. If the Hornets beat the Wiz and the Hawks beat the Rockets, we finish with the same record. Hawks own the tiebreaker which is division play for two teams from the same division.

We are seed 10. But the Hornets perform on the road similar as home.
It has been written...
Goodecharlotte
Sophomore
And1: 121

Post#29 » by Goodecharlotte » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:04 am

It's only the same as the Wizards having Pozingis, Beal & Kuzma all out. Swings and roundabouts as they say

Return to Charlotte Hornets