NO
4%

Total votes: 23

bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Re: BFHOS - RICH CHO 

Post#21 » by bravor » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:49 am

Originally (back to Trailblazers time) he was a cap manager, and i do think this is where he excels. The GM position was just too big of a responsability for him.

The biggest mistakes comes from the 2016 free agency. That franchise could have kept developing without all the bad contracts that he willingly signed (even though he is certainly not the one who pushed for it). Batum's contract (not the only one), without team option at the very least was probably the worst negotiation ever, especially considering the leverage Cho had (Batum wanted to sign fast to join our NT for the olympics..). From that off season, nothing could be recovered (no flexibility) and you ended almost beging for other franchise to accept to trade the bad apples/contracts.

But he does not s* as cap manager, something that should balance a bit people's opinion (i wont vote though, i m not qualified to do it).
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#22 » by HornetJail » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:58 pm

so who's next on the Shame list?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#23 » by fatlever » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:33 pm

My vote is Ray Woolridge. he definitely needs to be a first-ballot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#24 » by fatlever » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:35 pm

Closing this one.

94% of 19 votes.

Rich Cho is officially a member of the Hall of Shame

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,524

Post#25 » by Bassman » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:36 pm

To me one of the biggest no brainers for anyone who is or may be nominated. Cho was a disaster. Period. End of story.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#26 » by SWedd523 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:13 pm

I know voting has already closed but I just want to point out the transaction list from July (and one from October) of 2016 where Cho & Co. spent $250 million dollars on Roy Hibbert, Brian Roberts, Ramon Sessions, Nic Batum, Marvin Williams, and Cody Zeller WHILE ALSO trading a 1st Round draft pick straight up for Marco Belinelli (who played one season in Charlotte on 10/2/2 splits).

I really don't know how much of that sits on Cho and how much came from Jordan and the rest of the meddlers, but that month (ish) alone destroyed the rest of Kemba's time in Charlotte and doomed the team to yet another tear down and rebuild that we still haven't fully recovered from.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#27 » by HornetJail » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:54 am

SWedd523 wrote:I know voting has already closed but I just want to point out the transaction list from July (and one from October) of 2016 where Cho & Co. spent $250 million dollars on Roy Hibbert, Brian Roberts, Ramon Sessions, Nic Batum, Marvin Williams, and Cody Zeller WHILE ALSO trading a 1st Round draft pick straight up for Marco Belinelli (who played one season in Charlotte on 10/2/2 splits).

I really don't know how much of that sits on Cho and how much came from Jordan and the rest of the meddlers, but that month (ish) alone destroyed the rest of Kemba's time in Charlotte and doomed the team to yet another tear down and rebuild that we still haven't fully recovered from.

That 2016 free agency was a catastrophe for a lot of teams, including us. Teams spent like there was going to be a $20M jump every year.

I'd argue it sank Portland's chances of doing bigger things with Dame. They legitimately did worse than us
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Charlotte Hornets