ImageImage

Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Re: Suspended 10 Games: The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#361 » by Braggins » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:52 pm

I want an owner that hires good people for the jobs, invests money, and then disappears (unless they want to show up to games and cheer for the team).

MJ likes to hire friends/family and people that share his old school ideological beliefs and disappears until its time to randomly show up and ruin a draft or a free agency. Its almost like the situation is fined tuned to guarantee bad results.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,161

Post#362 » by JMAC3 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:47 pm

Snidely FC wrote:My disenchantment with ownership has more to do with what I perceive to be the Vision Thing in what makes a team we fans want to watch. They say the team has to make the playoffs to keep Lamelo, but what about building a roster and hiring a coach that maximizes his future potential stardom? Like Diop said in the draft thread next years starting backcourt is unlikely to change from Ball + Rozier despite potentially drafting Scoot Henderson. The team is likely -returning to this threads theme - to re-sign Miles while there is a possibility they draft Brandon Miller but Miller spends most of next season in Greensboro because there is no playing time behind Miles and other vets. Ownership has a long standing belief that you win with veterans, that young players must pay their dues, and that making the playoffs in the current year is more important to fans than building a future proof exciting young team. So we get Mason Plumlee featured until mid February. I’ve lost hope that this ownership gets modern NBA roster building right - that, not any sense of community, is my beef with ownership

Most of this pure speculation. Nowhere has ownership given Rozier a public vote of confidence. If anything we heard he was available via trade. You are complaining about resiging Miles, why would we not? He was arguably our best player a season ago. If anyone watched Mark in preseason or summer league it was pretty clear he wasn't a day 1 starter. I have no issue with the way they handled Mark, he is now in a great spot to be a productive starting center in his 2nd year in the league. Are you upset at where he is at right now? Also giving him time in Gleague allowed Richards minutes to develop at the NBA level and now we have two young cost controlled centers with confidence plus an extra second round pick from showcasing Plumlee, far from the worst outcome at that position in a year where we were going to be bad regardless if Mark played every game or not.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,161

Post#363 » by JMAC3 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:51 pm

Braggins wrote:I want an owner that hires good people for the jobs, invests money, and then disappears (unless they want to show up to games and cheer for the team).

MJ likes to hire friends/family and people that share his old school ideological beliefs and disappears until its time to randomly show up and ruin a draft or a free agency. Its almost like the situation is fined tuned to guarantee bad results.

Mitch has a been a good hire, pretty easily the best GM in our history since the team returned.
Maybe you haven't loved our head coaches, but overall I have liked a lot of the staff over the past few years.

I will say it again, but we probably have the best team we have ever had next year talent wise.
Ball, Bridges, Mark and a top 5 pick doesn't get you excited then idk what to tell you.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,162

Post#365 » by Rich4114 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:06 am

JMAC3 wrote:
Braggins wrote:I want an owner that hires good people for the jobs, invests money, and then disappears (unless they want to show up to games and cheer for the team).

Mitch has a been a good hire, pretty easily the best GM in our history since the team returned.
Maybe you haven't loved our head coaches, but overall I have liked a lot of the staff over the past few years.

I will say it again, but we probably have the best team we have ever had next year talent wise.
Ball, Bridges, Mark and a top 5 pick doesn't get you excited then idk what to tell you.

So interesting you mention the talent thing. I’d agree with you. If you compare this roster to the 2016 team that nearly made the second round also coached by Cliff, I’d tell you that this team would out gun that team. Thought that team was smarter and more disciplined. So the hope is this roster can mature just a little more and I think we’ve got some good potential especially if we land a Wemby or Scoot.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,616

Post#366 » by fatlever » Mon May 1, 2023 8:06 pm

“In announcing the suspension, Adam Silver cited a mutual agreement between league officials and Bridges’ representatives at Klutch Sports that resulted in him sitting out the 2022/23 season.”

Read on Twitter
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,236

Post#367 » by amcoolio » Mon May 1, 2023 8:14 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

So interesting you mention the talent thing. I’d agree with you. If you compare this roster to the 2016 team that nearly made the second round also coached by Cliff, I’d tell you that this team would out gun that team. Thought that team was smarter and more disciplined. So the hope is this roster can mature just a little more and I think we’ve got some good potential especially if we land a Wemby or Scoot.

The NBA is also much, much deeper now than in 2016

If we land Wemby, I think we take a Cleveland like jump to near 50 wins this year
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#368 » by fatlever » Mon May 1, 2023 8:19 pm

that spring 2016 team was full of grown ass men who had experience and great chemistry. injuries to Lin, Marvin, Batum and Cody capped them in the Heat series. All healthy, i think we win.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#369 » by yosemiteben » Mon May 1, 2023 9:39 pm

fatlever wrote:“In announcing the suspension, Adam Silver cited a mutual agreement between league officials and Bridges’ representatives at Klutch Sports that resulted in him sitting out the 2022/23 season.”

Read on Twitter

Is this new information? For some reason I thought this was already reported but not sure why.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#370 » by fatlever » Mon May 1, 2023 11:14 pm

New to me is the part that silver and klutch agreed privately that miles would serve a silent one year suspension

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#371 » by -Ian- » Tue May 2, 2023 11:04 am

The NBA handled this mess very poorly. I don't know why they'd agree to keep this private. Does Rich Paul (i.e. LeBron James) have that much pull with the commissioner's office?
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,162

Post#372 » by Rich4114 » Tue May 9, 2023 7:01 pm

fatlever wrote:that spring 2016 team was full of grown ass men who had experience and great chemistry. injuries to Lin, Marvin, Batum and Cody capped them in the Heat series. All healthy, i think we win.

That team was good but obviously so not sustainable lol. It was the opposite issue we have now.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#373 » by Robot Rock » Tue May 9, 2023 8:23 pm

-Ian- wrote:The NBA handled this mess very poorly. I don't know why they'd agree to keep this private. Does Rich Paul (i.e. LeBron James) have that much pull with the commissioner's office?

He's the acting commissioner, so yeah.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#374 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue May 9, 2023 9:16 pm

fatlever wrote:that spring 2016 team was full of grown ass men who had experience and great chemistry. injuries to Lin, Marvin, Batum and Cody capped them in the Heat series. All healthy, i think we win.

Pour one out for the best Hornets team in terms of fun since the Glen Rice/Anthony Mason era
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#375 » by countryboi » Mon May 15, 2023 12:00 pm

after watching Ja and his issues, none of this seems as bad. Im moving on and hopes he has grown from this.
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#376 » by yosemiteben » Sat May 20, 2023 12:59 am

Read on Twitter
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#377 » by fatlever » Sat May 20, 2023 4:20 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

does miles think that secretly recording his notorious secretive boss is the way to get resigned?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#378 » by yosemiteben » Sat May 20, 2023 4:22 am

Yeah that seemed like an odd move to me too
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#379 » by fatlever » Sat May 20, 2023 4:27 am

like, thats the kind of dumb **** that would scare the **** out of me if i was about to sign him hoping he was making better choices. just like him posting vid of him hooping on day he got out of jail. read the room dude.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#380 » by yosemiteben » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Charlotte Hornets