ImageImage

Off Topic

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Re: Off Topic 

Post#201 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:36 am

Yeah imagine being a Mets fan and winning the NL pennant in 2015 and making the playoffs last year. Dudes stupid. He should be a hornets fan and feel real pain.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#202 » by JDR720 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:23 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Yeah imagine being a Mets fan and winning the NL pennant in 2015 and making the playoffs last year. Dudes stupid. He should be a hornets fan and feel real pain.

Maybe the guy who threatened to kill you that one time made videos like that.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#203 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:38 pm

JDR720 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Yeah imagine being a Mets fan and winning the NL pennant in 2015 and making the playoffs last year. Dudes stupid. He should be a hornets fan and feel real pain.

Maybe the guy who threatened to kill you that one time made videos like that.

Lol
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#204 » by UNCNYC » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:51 pm

I hope the media don't keep pushing us to draft Anthony Richardson. I am concerned with the media and the interviews each of the QB's have coming up. I think that will speak volumes. I don't dislike Richardson but I do not want to draft him after trading up. I don't mind Stroud but if we take him I only want to do so after trading with the Texans.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#205 » by fatlever » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:06 pm

i dont follow college football, but any of these QBs on the level of the typical #1 pick QBs of past years? Of course, soooo many busts from QBs drafted in top 5

so what i'm reading...

stroud is a statue who is great in a clean pocket and awful under pressure? sounds like darnold, zach wilson, david carr, right?
young is short, skinny with possible noodle arm? 5'10" 180 lbs? what? but he's great scrambling etc...? best case kyler murray? or russell wilson?
richardson is the typical workout warrior, big fast strong, but not accurate passer? so, basically a running back who can pass a little. like fields? can he be as good as hurts? or lamar?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,168

Post#206 » by SWedd523 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:33 pm

i mean Brady and Manning were statues too and that went fine lol

you're not far off on the general overview though. Stroud the best passer, prototypical size, arm, reads, etc. but isn't considered a great scrambler. How much of that is due to being on a great team where he never had to? Not sure. he showed some wheels against Georgia but not really much to go off

Young is very small and light when probably below average arm strength. very accurate and can scramble though. Concerns are if he can stay off the injury report and hit receivers against NFL caliber defenses.

Richardson is a perhaps the most physically gifted QB in the history of the league but couldn't hit the ocean if he threw it overboard from the Titanic. You hope it's an experience thing and he can learn to pass. If not... yikes.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#207 » by SWedd523 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:40 pm

It comes down to archetypes for me.

You take Young hoping he can be like a Steve Young or Russell Wilson or maybe Brees if you consider him small. Otherwise there just hasn't been much success from small guys.

QBs like Stroud have found much more success in the league. I am concerned about him being an OSU product because it seems like their bust rate is very high.

Richardson you take if you think you can turn him into a Cam Newton, Big Ben, McNabb, Culpepper type. I just don't see it there. not at #1
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#208 » by JDR720 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 pm

Young and Stroud are both All-American's. Maybe not on the Burrow/Mahomes level of NFL player, but top 10 QB's.

Richardson is hyped purely because of his athletic tools. He completed like 55% of his passes at Florida. He's the Kai Jones of the draft.

I'm not overly worried people think we'll draft Richardson because I'm 99% sure it's a lazy take based on Cam Newton being here.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#209 » by JDR720 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:57 pm

Just saw a mock of us taking Levis. *projectile vomits*
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#210 » by SWedd523 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:09 pm

I think I'm higher on Levis than most, but he's kind of the distillation of the other three. Big guy but not Richardson big, mobile but not Young mobile, slinger but not Stroud slinger.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#211 » by amcoolio » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:37 am

Stroud and Young are both special talents

Stroud can scramble, he just doesn't want to. That's good IMO. I don't think he has hit his ceiling, I think his flaws can be taught.

Young can be a great QB from day 1, its just a matter if the Panthers think his body can hold up
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#212 » by UNCNYC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:45 am

Wow this is SOMALIA. I am in tears. GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I cannot believe my eyes. I never thought I would dream of moving to samalia. Africa is truly on the come up. So charming. Thank you lord for Blessing the world. I hope all races and groups continue to prosper.

UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by UNCNYC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:00 pm

Just two last things about Africa. *I promise lol*

1. When I was younger, I remember they would show many starving children from Africa on TV and ask us to donate money to them.

I personally donated to them for years... but the point I am trying to make is, I wonder if they put those people on
TV in an attempt to make them look bad.

When I went to school, unfortunately my classmates often made fun of what they saw in those infomercials.

And there was no way for me to speak Highly of that country/continent because without the movie COMING TO AMERICA
there was not much other footage that I know of that gave any sort of image about how it looked like there.

Imo if they really cared they would have placed a larger emphisis on preventing the problems at home, instead of caring
(or probably pretending too) about kids/people a globe away...

Almost like, "look at where they come from... They are lucky to be here" lets help them.

Then in turn neglecting them/allowing/making things worse...

Thank God for the internet that allows more truths about the world to be spread.

2. I use to be upset that Africa doesn't appear to have the military or ability to defend themselves like other nations appear to be able to do, but now I look at it like, I am happy they don't, because it makes you feel as if God personally are protecting them / anyone who calls upon him. Almost like they are in a paradise land that is hot *because the sun shines upon them* :D

Let the vigilanties do them...
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
British_Buzz
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#214 » by British_Buzz » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:19 am

Looking for some clarification from mods.

I have noticed some of my recent posts with links to podcasts/articles have been deleted. Can I check that mods don't want me sharing Hornets SI content on here? No issue and I'm not annoyed about it, just after some clarification as I'm a bit confused.

I used to ask before posting links and was told in the past that as long as it was relevant to the topics of the thread it was fine and I didn't need to ask. So I stopped asking, but if the guidelines have changed and mods don't want me sharing that's fine, just looking for confirmation of this.
Site Publishing Manager for SI Hornets: https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/

Founder and host of the All Hornets Podcast Network
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#215 » by fatlever » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:23 am

British_Buzz wrote:Looking for some clarification from mods.

I have noticed some of my recent posts with links to podcasts/articles have been deleted. Can I check that mods don't want me sharing Hornets SI content on here? No issue and I'm not annoyed about it, just after some clarification as I'm a bit confused.

I used to ask before posting links and was told in the past that as long as it was relevant to the topics of the thread it was fine and I didn't need to ask. So I stopped asking, but if the guidelines have changed and mods don't want me sharing that's fine, just looking for confirmation of this.

i haven't removed anything. i welcome your links. you've been part of the community for many years. i'd like to think we all support fellow hornets fans spreading their wings to spread the word.
amcoolio

Post#216 » by amcoolio » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:01 am

It's hard not to get excited about Stroud after that pro day, whew

The guy throws frozen ropes all over the field, without staring down receivers..I've never seen a quarterback be so accurate like that, especially while reading the field....even without a defense on the field, other QB's overthrow receivers or bounce a few....Stroud was like prime Drew Brees out there

He also has the exact demeanor you want in a quarterback, takes accountability, had a very rough childhood so he can handle adversity, and (for as much as I like Cam) just wants to focus on football

Bryce is up next tomorrow, and he is pretty special too, but I think CJ is the total package, I think he can be a top 10 QB as soon as this year.

;ab_channel=NFL
Rays Pompadour
Senior
And1: 418

Post#217 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:30 pm

I've watched a decent amount of college football, including Stroud and Young. Both QB's have elite traits and I'd be happy if the Panthers select either one. But I give the edge to Bryce Young. Here's why: I hated Drew Brees when he played against the Panthers. Hated. Hate's a strong word, but it's the right one in this context.

Brees made his mark with an other-worldly ability to process. He's a Hall-worthy QB because of this elite trait. Cam Newton was a joy to watch in his super man persona, but my stomach churned game after game waiting for him to process his throws, which were usually off target. I think Baker Mayfield had the same deficit in processing power. Baker does better when he DOESN'T have to think. Sam Darnold...same thing. But with Brees, you'd have to defend the whole field and STILL get carved to pieces. Cover two, Brees would constantly find space behind the linebacker along the hash line and drop passes in like dirty socks into a laundry basket. Blitz and he'd dump to the flat or scoot outside the pocket and hit you for a big gain on a long post route. Press man and he'd kill you in the intermediate with precision timing and pace. He was maddening. And I hated when the Panthers played against that guy.

It'll be like that for opposing teams (and their fans) that play Bryce Young. They will come to HATE playing against him. Concerns over size and durability and arm strength are legit, same as they were for Brees, who wound up as a second round pick because he was small. But Brees' processing prowess was so far above the speed of the game, his physical limitations were minimized.

It would be unfair to project Young as a future Hall of Fame quarterback in the mold of Drew Brees. But I don't think it's unfair to have that expectation of the first pick of the draft, especially a QB of similar stature. Brees made all those around him better. At Bama, Young did that, too. With a strong offensive line, effective running attack, credible weapons along the sidelines and a suffocating defense, I think Bryce Young will do that for the Carolina Panthers as well.

I like CJ Stroud, even though he has a kind of annoying pouty face. I like Stroud's smoothness, his physical approach, his ability to use the entire field. But Stroud doesn't make me mad when I watch him as an opposing fan. Stroud doesn't impose his will on the field. Young does, and that's why I give him the edge.
amcoolio

Post#218 » by amcoolio » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:41 pm

Stroud is a lot like Dak Prescott, but aspires to be Brees. He was not good with pressure up the middle this season but if the interior of the line is fine, he'll beat you up and down the field, he can make every throw

Young does a lot of his damage outside of the pocket like Mahomes, he's the best QB we've ever seen in college making a play when forced out of the pocket, but is not as accurate as Stroud in the intermediate

Can't go wrong with either, I think both will lead the Panthers to the playoffs in year 1 if they start, I think they will move towards Stroud and work with him on improvising out of the pocket
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#219 » by UNCNYC » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:28 am

Just hope it's stroud or young. I am less scared with Stroud but more happy with Young go figure. Love em both tho
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#220 » by UNCNYC » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:28 am

amcoolio wrote: he's the best QB we've ever seen in college making a play when forced out of the pocket,

As much as I respect your opinion and I love young but I had to insert my favorite college qb of all time in there. The legendary :nod:

UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman

Return to Charlotte Hornets