ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #5

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Re: Fake Trade Thread #5 

Post#1881 » by amcoolio » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:20 pm

Dodged a bullet with Lavine. There's twitter rumblings he did this on purpose, against the team's wishes (its elective surgery on his already healed foot) because he didn't want to go to Detroit. LOL
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,560

Post#1882 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:34 pm

amcoolio wrote:Dodged a bullet with Lavine. There's twitter rumblings he did this on purpose, against the team's wishes (its elective surgery on his already healed foot) because he didn't want to go to Detroit. LOL

This was my thought as well. No way dude was going to be happy in Detroit.
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#1883 » by MugzZo » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:23 am

amcoolio wrote:Is it possible for Miles to fit for a winning NBA team? His defense is so bad.

At least he's a big body, unlike Terry.

My target is Eason. He should be back this week. I think he's a great fit with Miller and Ball, and is younger and more cost controlled, and would break out in a starting role.

Obviously Miles is way better offensively right now, I just don't have confidence bringing him back next year
I'd trade him for Eason so damn fast. We would be lucky!

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,950

Post#1884 » by Diop » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:39 am

JDR720 wrote:Miles is capable of defending, he just doesn't. Like Rozier.

Only if his player has the ball, he’s a ball watcher and loses his player all the time when they’re moving off the ball
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1885 » by Diop » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:40 am

MugzZo wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Is it possible for Miles to fit for a winning NBA team? His defense is so bad.

My target is Eason. He should be back this week. I think he's a great fit with Miller and Ball, and is younger and more cost controlled, and would break out in a starting role.

Obviously Miles is way better offensively right now, I just don't have confidence bringing him back next year

Yeah I think Eason is highly valued by houston
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#1886 » by Rich4114 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:31 am

We’ve seen Miles play very efficient in an offense that has a lot of movement and passing. There just isn’t that spacing or fluidity with Clifford and this roster. Say what you want about Hayward but he is a smart player that helps contribute to that as well. But this offense and heavy mins by non NBA rotational players hurts his game dramatically.

He’s now operating almost exclusively on the perimeter. He seems like his shot has improved a lot but the most valuable part of his game is disabled.

Defensively, he is mediocre. Offers rebounding and shot blocking but he does lose track of his responsibility when his man doesn’t have the ball as others have mentioned.

I’d still look to resign him.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,254

Post#1887 » by JMAC3 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:17 pm

The Suns rumors are very loud, but part me wonders if that is just people taking something and running with it because ultimately the Suns don't really have much to trade so if a deal does goes down you have like a 50% chance to be right. Outside of the Suns just not having any draft capital, so everyone and their mom can say 2-3 2nds because that's all they have.

The players they have really have no value because of contracts either.

Nas Little on 4/28 is a bad deal. If it was 2 years then sure take a swing, but feels like a deal we get stuck with and a guy that just isn't very good. Grayson Allen is on a expiring, if he was on the same deal for 2-3 years then yeah maybe he has some value at 9 mil, but he will get MLE offers this summer and Charlotte will have to outbid that so your talking 15 million+ to retain him. Okogie at 2/6 would be okay, but he will opt out of his PO next year and he is a worse version of Cody Martin. Same with Eubanks, Watanabe, Metu, Bol Bol they all have PO next year so your looking at having them for 30 games and then gone.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#1888 » by JMAC3 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:22 pm

This would a trade that would be good for my sanity.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Just give me some other expiring's for Lowry who will play for the Hornets for 35 games. Miller needs actual players to pass to at this point.
Big Board
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#1889 » by Rich4114 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:29 pm

JMAC3 wrote:This would a trade that would be good for my sanity.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Just give me some other expiring's for Lowry who will play for the Hornets for 35 games. Miller needs actual players to pass to at this point.

I’d love to take a flyer on Johnathan Issac to see if he could get back to where he was headed as a defensive big before his injuries.
Fultz is also someone that would be good to get here to take as a backup PG for beyond this season if we could resign him. Orlando would need to send salary back so those are two good options.
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#1890 » by JMAC3 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:37 pm

Rich4114 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I’d love to take a flyer on Johnathan Issac to see if he could get back to where he was headed as a defensive big before his injuries.
Fultz is also someone that would be good to get here to take as a backup PG for beyond this season if we could resign him. Orlando would need to send salary back so those are two good options.

Fultz and Harris would work.
Ingles and Fultz would work.

I think they probably keep Issac but yeah, I would pair him in any deal instead of Fultz as well.
Big Board
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,794

Post#1891 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:39 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Fultz and Harris would work.
Ingles and Fultz would work.

I think they probably keep Issac but yeah, I would pair him in any deal instead of Fultz as well.

Fultz and Harris most likely. Ingles is really contributing to second unit BBIQ and Isaac has been defending out of his mind for 20mpg lately...he's really not likely to move without a real incentive as his deal isn't guaranteed next year - so, if that injury shows up, he's out - but while he's playing the way he currently is, he looks like DPOY-level (ORL fingers crossed).

Lowry is my least favorite realistic target, but I figure the price would be next to nothing. CHA would likely enjoy Fultz and Harris...both can really contribute in their respective ways - but just don't really bring what ORL needs at this point.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#1892 » by MugzZo » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:19 pm

I'm hoping for Cole Anthony. Would LOVE to get Issac but I doubt that. Fultz and Harris would be fine though. I don't want any of the suns garbage. I'd rather go after Allen in the offseason.

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,560

Post#1893 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:48 pm

MugzZo wrote:I'm hoping for Cole Anthony. Would LOVE to get Issac but I doubt that. Fultz and Harris would be fine though. I don't want any of the suns garbage. I'd rather go after Allen in the offseason.

Cole Anthony is a chucker.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#1894 » by MugzZo » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:05 pm

He might be but fultz can't shoot. Cole in younger I believe he had a semi break out year a year or 2 ago. He's only 23. He can still work some things out.

KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#1895 » by KingCat » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:21 pm

Diop wrote:
MugzZo wrote:

No shot Houston trades for Miles in any trade. Whitmore is gonna be a younger and as good or
better version Miles within a few years anyway (plus without the off court issues).
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#1896 » by NMBSurfin » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:22 pm

deadline is Thurs at 3p. Starting to think nothing is going to happen for the Hornets. Would love to get anything for Gordon, Miles and/or Lowrey. But I got a feeling nothing will happen.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,712

Post#1897 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:54 pm

one of gordon or lowry will get moved, other bought out. predict miles stays.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#1898 » by amcoolio » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:59 pm

KingCat wrote:
Diop wrote:
MugzZo wrote:I'd trade him for Eason so damn fast. We would be lucky!

No shot Houston trades for Miles in any trade. Whitmore is gonna be a younger and as good or
better version Miles within a few years anyway (plus without the off court issues).

Ime wants to win now. Whitmore makes Eason expendable.

We should have just **** drafted Eason, but whatever
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1899 » by Diop » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:13 am

Mavs fans talking about trading green and Holmes for pj. Green is an Aussie and I like him, but I don’t do it. Sounds like wishful thinking
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 997

Post#1900 » by wilson115 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:36 pm

JDR720 wrote:Oh yeah, that SGA trade has turned out awful. Especially considering how he bought into playing in such a small market.

Trading away SGA was just irrational.
1. Kemba in his contract year.
2. The parade of attempts to install a long-term answer at shooting guard under Cho.
3. The team briefly having success putting a tall playmaker next to Kemba in the person of Nic.
4. The fact the team did have established players at the wing at the time in MKG, Marv, and also Nic.
5. Kemba's injury history.

Just irrational ignoring all of it basically to get his hands on a couple more 2nd-round picks. Passing up Tari Eason when it was a real possibility the team could lose its starters at the wing (Miles and PJ) in successive years was just more of Mitch being Mitch. Him trading away SGA will go down in infamy like the 90s Hornets giving away Kobe.

Return to Charlotte Hornets