ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #5

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Re: Fake Trade Thread #5 

Post#1901 » by KingCat » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:02 pm

Allegedly Woj said on a podcast that PJ and Miles are likely dealt before the deadline. PJ to the Clippers, Miles to Phx.

Two teams with 0 notable draft capital or young players. Wow.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Post#1902 » by JMAC3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:16 pm

KingCat wrote:Allegedly Woj said on a podcast that PJ and Miles are likely dealt before the deadline. PJ to the Clippers, Miles to Phx.

Two teams with 0 notable draft capital or young players. Wow.

Meh, he said we are listening to offers. He didn't say they were likely to be dealt nor did he mention names. A few tweets are running with what he said and making it sound like a lot more.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1903 » by JMAC3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:19 pm

A bit counterintuitive for what the rumors are right now, but one guy I would love to get by Thursday would be Dennis Schroder. He is now coming off the bench for Toronto and rumors are he doesn't love his role. He is making 13 million this year and next and putting up 14/6 on solid shooting this year.

My thoughts are we get him, let him run the point the remainder of the year or as long as LaMelo is out and then next year he is a valuable expiring and solid backup pg that we have been looking for. His contract is a pretty solid value so I don't mind it eating into some of our capspace next year.
Big Board
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#1904 » by Rich4114 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:45 pm

Moving off PJ and Miles just to move off of them, would be pretty dumb. We aren't going to gain anything by way of 2nd round picks in 5 years and we aren't going to convert their cap space into better players. But yes, of course they should be listening to offers. It would be preposterous to not. The teams rumored to want them the most (LAC, PHX, DAL) just don't have much to give us for either of them though, which is why I doubt they get moved.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,524

Post#1905 » by LofJ » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:27 pm

I'd be pretty tempted if that Josh Green and Holmes for PJ deal was real. I could see Green being the 3&D guy we've needed for years next to LaMelo. And we could definitely use Holmes with Mark being out.

I have zero interest in trading Miles for anything we'd realistically get back.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,533

Post#1906 » by Bassman » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:24 pm

LofJ wrote:I'd be pretty tempted if that Josh Green and Holmes for PJ deal was real. I could see Green being the 3&D guy we've needed for years next to LaMelo. And we could definitely use Holmes with Mark being out.

I have zero interest in trading Miles for anything we'd realistically get back.

Ditto to this. Green is a solid player to pair with Melo…I think that could click with everyone healthy. I always liked Holmes; he’s not played anywhere close to his previous pre-incident form, but maybe the change of scenery and new teammates could invigorate him.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1907 » by JMAC3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:52 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/rockets-priorities-shifting-as-nba-trade-deadline-nears-180638480.html

"Status in Charlotte
Phoenix continues to be mentioned as the leading suitor for Charlotte forward Miles Bridges, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The Suns see Bridges, a Michigan State product, as a strong fit with their big three of Kevin Durant, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal. However, the Suns only have second-round draft capital to play with. And while Phoenix has indicated a willingness to add Josh Okogie into a package of Nassir Little and two second-round picks for Bridges, sources said, Charlotte remains hopeful it can generate a first-round pick in return for Bridges.

If not, Charlotte now has the upcoming cap space to re-sign Bridges, and getting the swingman on a multi-year deal would surely increase his trade value next season. The fact Bridges is playing this 2023-24 campaign on a one-year qualifying offer not only affords Bridges veto power in any trade, but dealing him elsewhere would squander Bridges’ Bird rights, preventing any team that acquired him before Thursday to re-sign him this summer if it is going to be over the salary cap on June 30. So there may even be stronger options for Charlotte to move Bridges as a sign-and-trade candidate this summer as well. Detroit and Utah remain the two other teams connected to Bridges, sources said. While Dallas is indeed looking for forward help, the Mavericks have not shown interest in Bridges or Nets forward Dorian Finney-Smith in recent conversations, sources said.

PJ Washington is another Hornets forward who’s commanding inquiries from rival teams, with Dallas among the interested suitors, sources said. Over this past weekend, the Clippers’ purported pursuit of Washington became noted across the league. But according to various league personnel involved in these talks, Los Angeles has not had a meaningful conversation with Charlotte in quite some time about Washington. One source went so far as to describe that Clippers-Washington connection as “bad info.”
Big Board
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#1908 » by KingCat » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:33 pm

Hope the Jazz's interest is real. They atleast have a ton of assets that could make the trade worth while.

Plus someone with Miles' reputation in Utah would be hilarious.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,669

Post#1909 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:02 pm

Ainge vs mitch isn't a fair fight

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1910 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:04 pm

Nassir little on a 4 year deal is negative value as far as I'm concerned

JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1911 » by JMAC3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:08 pm

fatlever wrote:Nassir little on a 4 year deal is negative value as far as I'm concerned

100%. If the Okogie and Little contracts were switched then I think maybe you talk yourself into it a little bit but Okogie on a 3 mil player option is declining that and Nas is on the bench signing a bunch of Tarheel gear for guys in their 30s for the next 4 yrs.

I really don't see the issue at least keeping Miles through negotiations.

Worst case he leaves. We don't get 2 2nds and a bad contract for him. but it leaves open a ton of options such as sign and trades, Miles might get squeezed and sign a team friendly deal, maybe we sign him and in a year he is worth multiple firsts.

Who knows, but taking the outcome with the lowest upside to prevent a tiny downside is just a bad move no matter what.
Big Board
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#1912 » by Rich4114 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:06 pm

I'll say this until I'm blue in the face, there is nothing in the Suns chest of assets that is of value in any Miles deal. I think a sign and trade is way more likely and valuable to both sides than a 3 month rental where we either take back negative value or basically zero worth value. Not to mention the type of message a deal like that sends to our core we intend to build around.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1913 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:27 pm

I mean... look at it this way...
Replace miles with bouk in a deal for nassir little and two distant 2nd round picks

Would you eat little's deal for the next 3 years for two 2nds?

I'd still rather have the cap space.

It's levels of dumb to give up leverage with Miles for this package.... and lose a chunk of cap space in the process.

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,289

Post#1914 » by JDR720 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Solidly meh. Honestly, Leaky Black is probably the same caliber of either of those guys.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1915 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:30 pm

Knicks showing interest in pj per fischer

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,899

Post#1916 » by Diop » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:58 pm

Hate the phoenix rumours
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1917 » by JMAC3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:01 pm

Fischer is talking about on youtube that Charlotte keeping him isn't off the table. Especially considering Rich Paul is going to be hyperfocused on him getting paid.
Big Board
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,663

Post#1918 » by yosemiteben » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Believe this
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,253

Post#1919 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:49 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
fatlever wrote:Nassir little on a 4 year deal is negative value as far as I'm concerned

100%. If the Okogie and Little contracts were switched then I think maybe you talk yourself into it a little bit but Okogie on a 3 mil player option is declining that and Nas is on the bench signing a bunch of Tarheel gear for guys in their 30s for the next 4 yrs.

I really don't see the issue at least keeping Miles through negotiations.

Worst case he leaves. We don't get 2 2nds and a bad contract for him. but it leaves open a ton of options such as sign and trades, Miles might get squeezed and sign a team friendly deal, maybe we sign him and in a year he is worth multiple firsts.

Who knows, but taking the outcome with the lowest upside to prevent a tiny downside is just a bad move no matter what.

Yeah I think both Miles and Charlotte's best interests are served best with him either staying in FA or using our capacity to pay him more than most teams in FA to facilitate a sign and trade to where ever he desires to go.

I think the risk of losing him for nothing in the summer for the sake of two crappy seconds and a bad contract is well worth the gamble unless a OKC, New York, Utah or New Orleans is willing to give us a first at the deadline.

We would also be even more unwatchable for the rest of the year if hes dealt, losing every game by 30 plus points.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,253

Post#1920 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:00 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

Believe this

That makes total sense. Some of these rumours are clearly BS. There's just no rational explanation as to why we would deal with certain teams unless a third team gets involved. Even then how is Phoenix possibly going to give any team value because they legit have ZERO enticing assets to a team that is selling at the deadline.

Expiring Grayson Allen is not an asset to a lottery team like us, him going to a third team and them and Phoenix sending us picks is the only semi-plausauble scenario.

Even then it seems underwhelming compared to trying our luck in the offseason.

Return to Charlotte Hornets