Fake Trade Thread #5

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Re: Fake Trade Thread #5 

Post#341 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue May 9, 2023 10:27 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:Would anyone want to trade for Poole if GS want to dump him?

It would have to be Rozier going back to them, not sure what else needs to be done. I think we would have to consider it though, he has his flaws but he can be a difference maker.

I thought Hayward would be more enticing to GSW, heck maybe we can send both. I think Poole and Ball could be a nice combo and Poole can create when Ball is hurt/on the bench
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#342 » by JMAC3 » Tue May 9, 2023 10:50 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

It would have to be Rozier going back to them, not sure what else needs to be done. I think we would have to consider it though, he has his flaws but he can be a difference maker.

I thought Hayward would be more enticing to GSW, heck maybe we can send both. I think Poole and Ball could be a nice combo and Poole can create when Ball is hurt/on the bench

Hayward contract is a bit better for us with at this point as it is expiring and we can use that money to resign LaMelo.

Having Rozier, Poole and LaMelo on a new deal wouldn't work.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#343 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue May 9, 2023 10:54 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Hayward contract is a bit better for us with at this point as it is expiring and we can use that money to resign LaMelo.

Having Rozier, Poole and LaMelo on a new deal wouldn't work.

Christ you're right, I didn't realize Hayward was so expensive, for some reason I thought the numbers were closer for Poole for Hayward and Rozier. Regardless, I'd be fine with a 3-team deal to get them both out of town. I think Hayward, at this point, is bad for our young guys as its hard to build chemistry with such a high-usage part-time player.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#344 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue May 9, 2023 10:56 pm

Yeah if they gave us some additional assets in return. That dude is broken.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#345 » by dmutombo321 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:25 am

Kuminga seems to be on the outs with them at the moment too. Kerr has him relegated to the bench in the playoffs and he doesn't seem happy about it.

He had some huge games for them in the regular season. Versatile enough to play three positions and I think he could even slot in as a 2 as well as he handles the ball.

If we fall outside the top 3, I personally like him better than a lot of the other prospects in this draft and wouldn't be opposed to moving the pick and another piece for him. He's still only 20 and has a nasty bully ball streak.

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using RealGM mobile app
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#346 » by SWedd523 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:26 am

I understand the thought process but he's nowhere near worth that. Mid lotto pick halfway through his rookie contract who hasn't lived up to his draft slot (lack of opportunity notwithstanding).
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#347 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:37 am

dmutombo321 wrote:Kuminga seems to be on the outs with them at the moment too. Kerr has him relegated to the bench in the playoffs and he doesn't seem happy about it.

He had some huge games for them in the regular season. Versatile enough to play three positions and I think he could even slot in as a 2 as well as he handles the ball.

If we fall outside the top 3, I personally like him better than a lot of the other prospects in this draft and wouldn't be opposed to moving the pick and another piece for him. He's still only 20 and has a nasty bully ball streak.

This would be an awful trade. Huge games? He had a few 20 point games when the Warriors entire team was hurt and he put up numbers in games where they lost. They went 1-4 in those games.

Then he has barely played in the playoffs.
Big Board
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#348 » by HornetJail » Wed May 10, 2023 2:19 pm

former lotto picks that can't crack their team's rotations aren't fetching a top 7 pick. It's more likely that he's available for a package of our later picks. wouldn't expect GSW to go for 27+34 but that's closer to reality than us trading our pick
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#349 » by amcoolio » Wed May 10, 2023 7:55 pm

The hit rate on lottery picks that flame out of their first team is very, very, low. It's much safer to just draft a player and develop/hope them to be better.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#350 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:34 pm

As long as it isn't too expensive I hope the Hornets take a shot at Kuminga
dmutombo321
Sixth Man

Post#351 » by dmutombo321 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:13 pm

Kuminga has shown great strides this year, particularly with his ball handling and shot creation. His limited minutes are more a function of being behind Klay Thompson, Draymond and Poole than it is due to poor play on his part. I don't think GS nor anyone else in the league considers him a bust. If we miss in the lottery and end up around 7-8, I personally think kuminga has considerably more upside than the likes of Grady Dick.

Highlights
https://youtu.be/vZZgauQb2CU

4th Q vs. Hornets
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#352 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:55 pm

dmutombo321 wrote:Kuminga has shown great strides this year, particularly with his ball handling and shot creation. His limited minutes are more a function of being behind Klay Thompson, Draymond and Poole than it is due to poor play on his part. I don't think GS nor anyone else in the league considers him a bust. If we miss in the lottery and end up around 7-8, I personally think kuminga has considerably more upside than the likes of Grady Dick.

Highlights

4th Q vs. Hornets

In order for us to pick 8th 4 teams outside the top 5 have to win the lottery. Meaning none of Rockets, Spurs, Pistons or Hornets are chosen. I don't want to jinx it, but the odds of that are low.

Most likely either we are in the top 4 or maybe 1 or 2 teams jumps us. A lot of really dramatic takes.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#353 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:56 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
dmutombo321 wrote:Kuminga has shown great strides this year, particularly with his ball handling and shot creation. His limited minutes are more a function of being behind Klay Thompson, Draymond and Poole than it is due to poor play on his part. I don't think GS nor anyone else in the league considers him a bust. If we miss in the lottery and end up around 7-8, I personally think kuminga has considerably more upside than the likes of Grady Dick.

Highlights

4th Q vs. Hornets

In order for us to pick 8th 4 teams outside the top 5 have to win the lottery. Meaning none of Rockets, Spurs, Pistons or Hornets are chosen. I don't want to jinx it, but the odds of that are low.

Most likely either we are in the top 4 or maybe 1 or 2 teams jumps us. A lot of really dramatic takes.

but sure the 2% of the time we land the 8th pick, we can trade for Kuminga lol.
Big Board
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#354 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu May 11, 2023 1:04 am

Yeah I'm defintely not wanting to trade Kuminga for a lottery pick, let alone top 8. It's not like we have to pick Gradey Dick at 8 either, if he's allegedly another Corey Kispert white shooting guy type.

If GS want to trade a late first and Bouknight or Jones for Kuminga I'm down, if not they can keep him.
dmutombo321
Sixth Man

Post#355 » by dmutombo321 » Thu May 11, 2023 1:31 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

If you dig deeper and look at the weighted probability table, you'll find that we're also statistically more likely to land in the 6-8 range than we are in the top 3. It's hardly a dramatic take to suggest we might move down.

Our most probable draw for an individual pick is #6 with a 25.74% chance. Second most likely is #7 at 16.74% with a #8 being the 2% outlier.

Let's hope we defy the odds and move up. If not however, and we do land in the 6-8 range, I'm not particularly excited by many of the prospects mocked there.

JMAC3
General Manager

Post#356 » by JMAC3 » Thu May 11, 2023 2:19 pm

dmutombo321 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

If you dig deeper and look at the weighted probability table, you'll find that we're also statistically more likely to land in the 6-8 range than we are in the top 3. It's hardly a dramatic take to suggest we might move down.

Our most probable draw for an individual pick is #6 with a 25.74% chance. Second most likely is #7 at 16.74% with a #8 being the 2% outlier.

Let's hope we defy the odds and move up. If not however, and we do land in the 6-8 range, I'm not particularly excited by many of the prospects mocked there.

Yeah, more so talking about you calling out 7 and 8 specifically in your post.
We have a higher probability of getting 1 or 2 than 7 or 8

24.7% we land 1 or 2.
18.9% we land 7 or 8.

I agree 6 is rather likely if you are looking at just 1 pick, but this doom and gloom talk making it seem unlikely we move is just not what the percentages say.

We have a 48% to pick in the 4 and 50% to pick 5-7. I will take those odds and live with the outcome.
Big Board
dmutombo321
Sixth Man

Post#357 » by dmutombo321 » Sat May 13, 2023 7:04 pm

Articles on Kuminga possibly being on the block following our discussion of him several days ago. One discussing his potential fit/appeal to Charlotte. Purely speculative but interesting nonetheless.

I've made clear my thoughts on him; think he has tremendous upside and if we bomb in the lottery and land in the back end 6-8 range, would even entertain moving the pick for him, perhaps involving a swap for GS's #19.

For those not as bullish, a 20yo top 10 pick who's shown promising flashes is at least worth dangling something like Richards + 27. Richards would offer GS a double double machine, lob threat, defensive presence and upgrade over looney at center. For Charlotte, Kuminga is versatile enough to play on the wing and fleet fitted enough to defend 2s. He's ready to play immediately.

https://heavy.com/sports/golden-state-warriors/hornets-trade-target-jonathan-kuminga/

https://www.knbr.com/2023/05/12/report-warriors-brass-could-consider-moving-kuminga-poole-in-effort-to-keep-core-together/

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,107

Post#358 » by JDR720 » Sat May 13, 2023 7:55 pm

Per Wiretap, Suns are interested in Terry.

Paul would be involved. But they don't have any more assets since they spent them all on KD.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#359 » by Braggins » Sat May 13, 2023 8:06 pm

I like the players in the 6-8 range in this draft better than Kuminga tbh.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,404

Post#360 » by Hornet Mania » Sat May 13, 2023 8:27 pm

I think Kuminga is one of the most intriguing players to take a flyer on this offseason but if the price is our lotto pick that's a bit too rich for my blood.

Nick+27 would be a good deal for us, even though I'd hate to put our backup C position in flux again, but it's hard to believe Kuminga's value is that low.

Just seems like he'd be worth something between 5-8 and 27 but we're positioned at the extremes where it doesn't make sense for one side or the other to accept the deal.

On the subject of CP3 I'm assuming the Suns are going to use a part of whatever they get back from trading Ayton to unload him as well. Seems like everyone but Booker/KD is on the way out.

Return to Charlotte Hornets