ImageImage

Fire Vincent Petition

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

The Bird
Sophomore
And1: 0

Fire Vincent Petition 

Post#1 » by The Bird » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:42 pm

Why not? People can disagree as to what our teams problems are but everyone on the forums I look at tend to agree Vincent is the biggest issue. Why not start a real petition, get x amount of sigs, and send it to Bob Johnson. We could also add in a replacement for Vincent in the petition such as Brown or Silas but we would have to agree on one. I unfortunately do not have internet access 24/7 and go days to weeks without it when I travel so I don't think it would be wise for me to be responsible for it. Although I doubt it's very hard to keep up with. I found a site called http://www.gopetition.com/ where it is free to start a petition at if anyone would like to take the initiative to start one. If you want you could just copy my example or make your own. I just used one of the examples on that site.

Fire Sam Vincent

Category: Sports
Region: United States
Target: Bob Johnson

Description/History:

We hearby urge Bob Johnson to fire Sam Vincent, head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. We believe that this move is the only way for this team to be successfull and will also benefit the community, fans, and the organization.
The Bird
Sophomore

Post#2 » by The Bird » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:49 pm

While I don't know if it would work I think it's worth a try. It can't hurt.
TheBobcatDan
Junior

Post#3 » by TheBobcatDan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:55 pm

This is his first season, but it is very questionable why we would sit Mohammed on the bench even though he came through in the beginning and put up double doubles. I dunno, if it repeats next season...can him, but he's still a rookie coach who's battled through the injuries of Adam Morrison and Sean May this season.
therebirth
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#4 » by therebirth » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:57 am

Next season? I hope not. The bocats will loose the little support they have if sam comes back next season. The nightmare must end after this season. I don't think the players listen to him.

Let the Larry Brown era begin.
The curse of Higgins!
e4Nf6
Starter
And1: 1

Post#5 » by e4Nf6 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:21 am

I used to think that coaching in the NBA was overated....

I was soooooo wrong, maybe we'll find out at the end of the season that Mccinnis kidnapped a Vincent family member or something, otherwise there is no excuse.

Hell, even I can remember to swithch out Free throw shooters at the end of a game in my Thursday night rec league. you'd think a professional basketball coach could keep track of that too.
therebirth
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#6 » by therebirth » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:07 am

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think this team has gotton worse since the line up change. Vincent has refused to go back to the original lineup because that would be admiting he was wrong.
The curse of Higgins!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#7 » by Rich4114 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:10 am

On ESPN when the Bobcats were getting coverage, Bob Johnson recognized that in order for people to come to the games and start supporting this team, they need to put a winner out on the court. Right now we don't have a winner, we're building a perrennial loser. I don't blame Bob because he's proven he'll pay the money it takes to win, I blame the people he's put in charge for not using that power/money wisely. If they want to redeem themselves and get on the track to winning now instead of 12 years from now, they should cut their losses, can Sam, and hire a real coach who's won playoff games before.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,784

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:26 am

My advice is to keep even a stanktastic coach until you have someone you like lined up to replace them.

Return to Charlotte Hornets