ImageImage

Calderon

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Calderon 

Post#1 » by dmutombo321 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:20 am

We've talked alot about Jose Calderon lately and although actually acquiring him in the off season may be a pipe dream (especially if we give okafor 12 mil per year), I think all of us that have been watching him play as of late agree that he is phenomenal.

It looks like the secret is out and I'm sure the fans of every other team in the NBA in need of a heady point guard will all be having the same off season wet-dreams about signing this guy.

For anyone who missed it, a small excerpt on Calderon from Hollinger's all-star slection article:

"His PER has gone up since Ford went out and now is as high as it's been all season. In his 20 games as a starter, he's averaging 13.5 points, 9.9 assists, and shooting 50.0 percent from the field. The other overlooked part is that he's making only 1.5 turnovers per game.

Let me repeat that for emphasis: 9.9 assists. 1.5 turnovers.

That's amazing. To show you how amazing, let's look at a stat I keep called "pure point rating." I created it to replace assist-turnover ratio, which tends to reward point guards who never penetrate. Pure point rating produces more valid ratings of a player's ability as a distributor by rewarding production instead of just making a ratio. (If you're curious, the formula is: Pure Point = (100* ((Assists * 2/3) - Turnovers))/Minutes.)

So
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#2 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:46 am

you could see last year the kid had amazing talent. we should have offered the raps a great deal this summer.

and now that tj is injured again, the raps MUST keep him this summer. if anything they will deal tj, if they feel that cant afford to keep both.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#3 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:48 am

and the best part.... he's on my dynasty team!!!! picked off the free agent pile earlier in the year. HOLLA!
tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 504

Post#4 » by tosi » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:05 am

Calderon is awesome... The only way i'd see you guys landing him is if we traded but we are just not good trading partners.

Edit: We are looking to fill similiar holes on our rosters.
fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#5 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:11 pm

I'm still unsure how the Raps will afford to keep him?

Hinrich is at 10 per
Harris just signed a new deal at about 10 per
Mo Williams just got 8 per
TJ is getting 8 per
Nelson just extended for 7 per

Based on those numbers and how efficient Jose is, you'd have to think he's looking at 8-10 per
B B M F 'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets