ImageImage

Ray, Crash and KG

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Ray, Crash and KG 

Post#1 » by DaBassSource » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:40 pm

Does anyone know what happened towards the end of the game...Cornbread was just on the Packman show saying that the Cats should be ready next game, because they definitely got the Celtics attention.... I'm like what the hell bunch of freaking babies...we should have had their attention yesterday...hell they won the first game off of a mistake...without Crash playing.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:13 am

Nothing really happened, just KG getting very frustrated because we beat his ass. Probably called us a bunch of chumps who got lucky and "bailed out" by the refs, then Ray chimed in and said we should have beat you guys last game too.

But I like KG, plays with a lot of passion. We need players like that on our team. It was good to see our team show some fire. Sometimes our players look dead out there.

2 GREAT games in a row. I'm sooooo looking forward to tomorrow night against the Cavs.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#3 » by BigSlam » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:50 am

I'm with Bowens. I like KG a lot and one of the things I like most is his passion and desire to win. That drive doesn't differ if he is 40pts up or 40pts down. He'll never give up and never stop giving 100%.

I'm guessing Felts thought that he should have given up and not forced the foul when the game was in the bag and told him so.

Did you hear the Celts announcers mention before the game that KG holds Crash in very high regard and admires the way he plays? I thought that was pretty neat.
B B M F 'ers
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by DaBassSource » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:55 am

I like KG too but was surprised to hear Cornbread say that whatever happened, now the Cats got the Celtics attention.
"Maybe I destroyed the game. But maybe, you're just making excuses.'' MJ
fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#5 » by fluffernutter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:02 am

Is Felton vs. KG the new Voskuhl vs. KG?

The battles are already legendary.
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Paydro70 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 am

Who the hell is Cornbread?
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:12 am

Paydro70 wrote:Who the hell is Cornbread?

Now THAT was when the NBA was amazing.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#8 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:08 am

Paydro70 wrote:Who the hell is Cornbread?

he's a charlotte legend. led little ol' uncc (charlotte 49ers) to the final four in 1978.... and then of course later went on to celtics fame, including finals mvp... that being said, dude is a moron. he's on packman's show all the time making ridiculous comments.
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by DaBassSource » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:41 pm

fatlever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

he's a charlotte legend. led little ol' uncc (charlotte 49ers) to the final four in 1978.... and then of course later went on to celtics fame, including finals mvp... that being said, dude is a moron. he's on packman's show all the time making ridiculous comments.
Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell... He is also one of the Celtics Radio or TV guys...Even though some crazy stuff can come out of his mouth, I don't have that much of a problem with Cornbread. He does not take all of Packs BS and kiss Packs butt...Plus I'm a UNCC alumni....
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#10 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:00 pm

being the best on packmans show is like being smartest kid on the short bus.

he is entertaining though...
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#11 » by bruno sundov » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Cornbread is the man. he recently said that Dirk was better than Larry Bird. He still tries to back it up. No doubt Dirk can shoot and rebound like Larry. But he can't pass and see the floor like he did. I know LBJ can. that is about if for bigger guys now in the L. Cornbread is one of my faves. he often says stuff to get people riled, sp? up.

Return to Charlotte Hornets