ImageImage

Is there room for Antawn Jamison?

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Dav7z
Junior
And1: 25

Post#21 » by Dav7z » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Did you even check out the NBA salerys i just posted . The Bobcats salery is the lowest in the NBA including Nazr.
As far as offering OK50 65milion thats another topic. Personaly i don't think hes worth that much. But yes we can afford to give him 65 milion and sign a free agent to a contract starting at 10 milion.
If you don't belive me just refer back to the link i just give you.
Dav7z
Junior

Post#22 » by Dav7z » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Spectra i think we can go up to the cap limit befor we resign OK50 . The seven milion might count but no more even if that counts . I think it all depends on if we have all ready made the quilifing offer yet
In either case we sign the free agent first. Thats how ever other team in the NBA has a larger salery than us. As long as we don't hit the lux tax after signing OK and Morrison we can do it.
How do you think Lewis was signed to 15 milion MAX CONTRACT.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Dav7z wrote:Did you even check out the NBA salerys i just posted . The Bobcats salery is the lowest in the NBA including Nazr.
As far as offering OK50 65milion thats another topic. Personaly i don't think hes worth that much. But yes we can afford to give him 65 milion and sign a free agent to a contract starting at 10 milion.
If you don't belive me just refer back to the link i just give you.

Dav7z we're not (Please Use More Appropriate Word). All of us seem to know our salary cap situation better than you.

Shamsports is better for providing up to date and more accurate salary cap information than hoopshype.
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bobcats.jsp

And we're not giving Okafor a bigger contract than Crash who is way better.

Also you have to factor in the contract for our #1 pick next season and Ryan Hollins who will probably be back with a slight bump in pay.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#24 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:48 pm

In either case we sign the free agent first. Thats how ever other team in the NBA has a larger salery than us. As long as we don't hit the lux tax after signing OK and Morrison we can do it.
How do you think Lewis was signed to 15 milion MAX CONTRACT.

That's why they put in this thing called a "cap hold"...to keep teams from putting off their own FAs (in this case Mek) and signing new ones. Ordinarily we would have to count Mek's salary this year x 150% next year, but I don't know if that trumps the QO or not. Not really an issue in this case as we're only talking about 1/2 million difference.

The Magic was able to sign Lewis by RENOUNCING Darko's contract...and that's why he's playing for Memphis right now and Orlando didn't get any compensation for him. They also got Seattle to do a sign and trade but that was to get his bird rights...allowing bigger raises/an extra year.

Plenty of ways to get over the salary cap without FA signings. Player's salaries typically go up over years (your own rooks can get a 10% anual increase), the MLE every year and the LLE every other year.

If you're locked in at the cap (58 million) for 2 years and add players with the full MLE in each season you're suddenly at the luxury limit. Not hard at all.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Dav7z
Junior

Post#25 » by Dav7z » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dav7z we're not (Please Use More Appropriate Word). All of us seem to know our salary cap situation better than you.

Shamsports is better for providing up to date and more accurate salary cap information than hoopshype.
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bobcats.jsp

And we're not giving Okafor a bigger contract than Crash who is way better.

Also you have to factor in the contract for our #1 pick next season and Ryan Hollins who will probably be back with a slight bump in pay.

1st I did not and would never say any thing about you personally. If you don't belive that just ask Spectra.
2nd You may or may not know more about NBA saleyys than i do . Im just a old man and am not that smart. So you you may know more about it . I DON'T KNOW.
3rd The link you give does seem to be better than the one i give. But even with the link you give we should be able to offer a free agent at least 10 molion a year.
I could be wroung but looking at those links makes me think we got more money to spend on a free agent than you guys think we do.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Bowens I like Sham too, but he has errors. In our case Charlotte's numbers for next year don't add up (and this was before the Nazr trade which I don't think he's added yet). I emailed him about it...he's a Bulls fan and posts over there regularly...and he told me he lost the guy who was helping him keep it up.

So it'll get updated when he gets around to it. That was like 2 months ago.

I definitely prefer Sham over Hoopshype. I think his breakdowns are more accurate.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Dav's a stand up guy no doubt.

Check your PM at BCP.

Irony
Dav7z
Junior

Post#28 » by Dav7z » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Spectra as you all ready know i value your openion and more than likely YOU right. [HOPE YOU NOT] . Either way i think we get another Carolina player next year. When i talked to him at last year at the school he said he would do any thing to play at home. So i can't help but belive hes going to be a Bobcat next year.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#29 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Dav7z wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1st I did not and would never say any thing about you personally. If you don't belive that just ask Spectra.
2nd You may or may not know more about NBA saleyys than i do . Im just a old man and am not that smart. So you you may know more about it . I DON'T KNOW.
3rd The link you give does seem to be better than the one i give. But even with the link you give we should be able to offer a free agent at least 10 molion a year.
I could be wroung but looking at those links makes me think we got more money to spend on a free agent than you guys think we do.

Add 6 million to the salary cap in 08 for Nazr who isn't listed yet. That puts us around 45 million. Then you have to factor in Hollins resigning so tack around 1.5 mil. After that, you have our first round pick so thats another 2.5 mil. Brings us to around 49 million and this is without Okafor resigning. For arguments sake, lets say Mek's number is 8 mil next season which would bring us to 57 million and make us capped out.

The only way we get Antwan is for the MLE (doubtful) or through S/T. Also it depends on where we draft, whose available and whether or not management feels the player we draft can come in right away and be productive.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:14 pm

When i talked to him at last year at the school he said he would do any thing to play at home. So i can't help but belive hes going to be a Bobcat next year.

That IS good news.

I'll never say it's impossible; with some finagling it can be done. It just can't be done as it stands now except with the MLE.

Who knows...if Jamison was to put it to WAS that he's going regardless they might would be willing to take May and Ammo in trade.

Then it'd definitely be a win! :)

Irony
zoned unc
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#31 » by zoned unc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:59 pm

y'all need to understand that theres prolly little chance May will be able to pass a physical.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#32 » by CarolinaCash » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 am

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

[url=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4512/salary1up7.jpg](picture)[/URL]

Add 6 million to the salary cap in 08 for Nazr who isn't listed yet. That puts us around 45 million. Then you have to factor in Hollins resigning so tack around 1.5 mil. After that, you have our first round pick so thats another 2.5 mil. Brings us to around 49 million and this is without Okafor resigning. For arguments sake, lets say Mek's number is 8 mil next season which would bring us to 57 million and make us capped out.

The only way we get Antwan is for the MLE (doubtful) or through S/T. Also it depends on where we draft, whose available and whether or not management feels the player we draft can come in right away and be productive.

You don't resign Mek until after you sign whatever free agent you want to.
You can go over the cap to resign Mek. The cap is going up next year, you get rid of McInnis, Harrington, May, and maybe even trade away your pick and you are left with 8+ million to sign Jamison.

You guys are to strict when it comes to the cap......how do you think the Knicks, Mavs, etc have payrolls around 100 million? It can be done.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by spectre_ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:53 am

Cox Salary Cap FAQ

A good place to start. It's confusing, but you very well might find a way to do it that I haven't.

Start around #28.

Irony

Return to Charlotte Hornets