ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte v. Philadephia 1-26-08

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Is anyone going to watch the Royal Rumble this Sunday?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 am

Yes
25%
No
50%
Steve, SHUT UP!!!
25%

Total votes: 4

W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#81 » by W_HAMILTON » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:36 am

Wallace shouldn't be rewarded with a gameball ahead of Richardson/Okafor, I know that much. Well, looking at his stats, I don't know that anyone would, with his 4-17 shooting performance. He got to the line when he wanted, and he racked up the assists, but his willingness to settle for the outside shot and not penetrate enough is what cost us the game.

I'd love to know why we have all these guys that are supposed to be capable of penetrating so well, yet so often they choose to get lazy and shoot long jumpers instead.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM

Post#82 » by W_HAMILTON » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:38 am

It looks like at least 11 of Wallace's shots were from the FT line or further out.

He ended up taking 15 FTs.

Imagine how many he would have taken if some of those 11 -- usually badly-missed shots -- were drives to the basket instead?
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#83 » by Bowens » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:41 am

W_HAMILTON wrote:It looks like at least 11 of Wallace's shots were from the FT line or further out.

He ended up taking 15 FTs.

Imagine how many he would have taken if some of those 11 -- usually badly-missed shots -- were drives to the basket instead?

Defense wins.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#84 » by Walt Cronkite » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:42 am

Yea, I don't really know what to do. Without Felton playin, Wallace gets extra assists, so it's not an honest career high, but Jrich was -10 and scored 35, so he gave up a lot of points.

We should not get so badly torched by Williams/Miller/Green/Iguodala
W_HAMILTON
RealGM

Post#85 » by W_HAMILTON » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:46 am

Wallace hurt us way more than Richardson. Richardson got torched there for awhile, but at least he was torching people on the offensive end. Plus, I think he probably had a franchise record for 3's in a game (I think someone said J.Jones/Richardson had the record for 6 in a game).

Wallace was downright killing us with his missed jumpers.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#86 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:50 am

Well, like I said, Philly's a tough team that makes the most of what they have - average at best offense, but significant and consistent effort, defense, and rebounding. That makes them competitive from game to game.

They just took us out of our game in the 2nd half with their defense, and specifically making Gerald a non-factor scoring-wise. Making him primarily a jumpshooter and passer. The other key was the play of Andre Iguodala, and the 2nd half he had... he's damn good. The improvement on his jumper within the last year has been great.

Not sure why we went away from Emeka in the 2nd half.. I didn't really notice defense on him. Might of been so. It just seemed like he played less, and maybe the ankle played a part, also. Anyhow, we should of went to him more if it was possible.

Carroll being off didn't help, too.

J-Rich was the constant and kept the team in the game, but needed more help.

I don't hate McInnis, but I don't enjoy him when he's out there, either. I just get no feeling really when I see him. Other than at times defensively and when he hits a runner.

Was the tale of two halves - Disappointing loss.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
TheBobcatDan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#87 » by TheBobcatDan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:52 am

Their announcers are gay...end of story
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#88 » by BigSlam » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 am

W_HAMILTON wrote:We could use a true PF with some size that is smart enough to block out, and quick enough to guard the quicker, longer PFs in the league. Our centers always go for the block, and it seems like no one else blocks out, so we allow offensive rebounds like that.

Get an additional mid-late 1st round pick and draft DeVon Hardin or a 2nd round pick this draft and pick up Taj Gibson or Joey Dorsey.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#89 » by BigSlam » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:35 am

We had an 8 min span from the 3rd to the 4th were we didn't score.

No baskets in 8 mins is inexcusable.

We outscored them in every qtr except for one (3rd). It's just that in the 3rd not only did they out score us, they doubled us in the qtr.

Another thing that is inexcusable.
B B M F 'ers
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#90 » by SamBone » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 am

why does MC drive so much? or why doesn't he get shots? When he is on the court we got to run plays for him or you should just leave him on the bench! It he doesn't get shots he forces things and that is BAD
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
SamBone
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by SamBone » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 am

it is bad when we can't beat Philly

SamBone
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by SamBone » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:20 am

Season over! This loss really hurt for me. I actually got to go out to abar and watch (i live in philly) and this is what I get. This sucks! EO is the only guy that showed up. I don't care about what the stat sheet says. NOBODY else came to play. JRich will get his points no matter what but they were pointless. And Crash got his assts by accident because he handled the ball the entire game. We run MC as a so called PG down the stretch. Why?????????????? He is a shooter and if Crash is handling the ball that is even worse!

Sorry for the rant but this is SUCKS!

SamBone
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by SamBone » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:26 am

Ballings7 wrote:Well, like I said, Philly's a tough team that makes the most of what they have - average at best offense, but significant and consistent effort, defense, and rebounding. That makes them competitive from game to game.

Philly sucks!

They just took us out of our game in the 2nd half with their defense, and specifically making Gerald a non-factor scoring-wise. Making him primarily a jumpshooter and passer. The other key was the play of Andre Iguodala, and the 2nd half he had... he's damn good. The improvement on his jumper within the last year has been great.

They did nothing different we stopped running an offense and let them back in the game. We don't play team basketball

Not sure why we went away from Emeka in the 2nd half.. I didn't really notice defense on him. Might of been so. It just seemed like he played less, and maybe the ankle played a part, also. Anyhow, we should of went to him more if it was possible.

We did because we have NO coaching. EO was the only person that came to play

Carroll being off didn't help, too.

Off isn't the word. Hew is asked to do things that he can not do. He is a shooter and a spark. Not a playmaker!

J-Rich was the constant and kept the team in the game, but needed more help.

He always gets his points, but didn't help the team at all

I don't hate McInnis, but I don't enjoy him when he's out there, either. I just get no feeling really when I see him. Other than at times defensively and when he hits a runner.

I do hate him and hate seeing him on the court. He gives us nothing. I want any Dleague PG instead of him

Was the tale of two halves - Disappointing loss.

no it was a tale of 2 teams. 1 wanted the game and 1 wanted to go home
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#94 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:10 am

The fundamental problem with this team...and I said it a couple months ago and people slammed me, but I'll say it again...is lack of any leadership on the court. No one wants to assume the leadership role. Emeka is a role player. Richardson is a scorer who doesn't speak up. Wallace, an athlete and great complimentary player, doesn't seem to know or care whats going on and rarely shows passion anymore. Felton is so soft spoken and shy, and he doesn't even run the point anymore. McInnis is vocal, but sucks so bad that its not even worth it. Carroll is a role player. Nazr has helped some, but apparently not enough to do anything about it. And Dudley is the only one out of the WHOLE bunch who can step up and be a leader, but his being a rookie and lack of minutes and experience prohibits it right now.

So unless Dudley gets the starting role again and because active, or we make a trade for a star, or MJ takes over and becomes the 15th player off the bench and a player-coach, we will remain leaderless, mediocre, and forgotten until the end of the season.

Its the sad reality. I don't want it to be, but apparently we don't care enough to fix the problem and our fine with our eventual 32-34 win season.

How much could this team use Paul or Roy right now? Its so laughable that I don't know why we should even think about it. Do you really think the Hornets have the best team in the NBA? On paper, hell no. Its the chemistry and leadership that trumps talent, and our organization (much like Atlanta) fails to even consider it a component to a winning team.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,823

Post#95 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 am

Jfeezy in ya fizzace. haha. Jrich cant be the leading scorer on a team and be expected to lead them to wins. its been proven that he needs to be the second or third option. Jrich needs another dominant player on the team like he had with baron davis to tell him what to do.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#96 » by spectre_ » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:40 pm

cdubbz wrote:Jfeezy in ya fizzace. haha. Jrich cant be the leading scorer on a team and be expected to lead them to wins. its been proven that he needs to be the second or third option. Jrich needs another dominant player on the team like he had with baron davis to tell him what to do.

Ever hear of Gerald Wallace?
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
TheBobcatDan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#97 » by TheBobcatDan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:00 pm

cdubbz wrote:Jfeezy in ya fizzace. haha. Jrich cant be the leading scorer on a team and be expected to lead them to wins. its been proven that he needs to be the second or third option. Jrich needs another dominant player on the team like he had with baron davis to tell him what to do.

Every good team needs 2nd and third options you idiot.

But, let's completely ignore that Richardson and Wallace are one of the Top 5 scoring tandems in the league because that's easy to forget. Richardson came in to be a 20 ppg guy and a guy you want the ball in his hand in clutch time...Guess what my friend? He's averaging 20.3 ppg and his three point percentage is at a career high 43.2. Would I like to see more driving from Richardson? Sure, but it's hard pressed to say that whenever you're one of the league's best three point shooters.

Forget the Boston game where he carried our team with his excellent scoring. Dude, if you want to be an ill-informed poster then fine by me, but bring some intelligence before you go bitching at someone who's doing their job.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#98 » by fatlever » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:57 pm

dan, do not call other posters "idiots". refer to forum rules.

Return to Charlotte Hornets