OT: TW Cable Customers

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Re: OT: TW Cable Customers 

Post#41 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Nov 1, 2008 10:39 pm

Is there a pregame or anything? It's definitely Washington/USC right now, but maybe nothing is being telecast until 7???
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Nov 1, 2008 11:00 pm

7PM, still football :(
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Nov 1, 2008 11:06 pm

This USC/Washington game is on 2 channels!!

Channel 50 even is showing a FSSouth logo in the top right, so I imagine this is supposed to be fox sports south, right? Just no bobcat feed???
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#44 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 1:08 am

In the paper today they had a TWC ad (1 page ad) saying that " Team HD (NBA) " is coming soon.

Does that mean League Pass, or is that another channel the NBA is offering? :dontknow:

it's an orange pull out like colored paper
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#45 » by spectre_ » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:17 am

Bobcats will be blocked out on LP throughout NC (at least) to "protect" FSN according to Mr. Thompson.

It would have been nice if they'd let us know that beforehand...but lucky for me I guess that DISH hasn't worked out a deal and at this time isn't even carrying it.

FWIW I just checked ahead to tomorrow night's game vs. DET and it's blocked as well.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:31 am

That's some bull-crap, seriously. -- Why is their a need to black out local games, I don't really get it.

Is it because they want customers to watch the local broadcasts for ratings and such? Or, is it because of another reason?
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Walt Cronkite » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:57 am

ad revenue?
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:15 am

well, the ads are still shown on league pass games, too. -- during the heat/kings game, i was getting the same ads, or most of them, that are usually shown on heat games; bacardi, some local bank and their new sports show....
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:27 am

Here's the ad I was speaking of, basically on their site

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Carolina ... tions.html

it shows some of the new HD channels to come....

has this been the same for some time? or is this something new, and the "next coming months" is really the next coming months, and hasn't been a year or w/ever....
kwohlge
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#50 » by kwohlge » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:52 am

Chapel Hill TWC cable customer -- showed some stupid sportstalk program (or some Hurricanes game) instead of the past 2 bobcats games

I guess the Hurricanes game makes sense since Raleigh is just a short drive away, but why would I ever want to watch a **** local sports program over a live basketball game (when they have the rights to it anyway)?

Just as a reference, it's still night impossible to find Bobcats merchandise around here.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#51 » by BigSlam » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:03 pm

Adding to what Spectre posted, from BCP:

Over the past 4 days we have received more than 100 calls and emails from Bobcats fans across the Carolinas who can't find our broadcast on Fox Sports Carolinas (FSCR) or SportSouth (SPSO) on their cable or satellite system. After a weekend of phone calls and research, the following are all the facts I have been able to assemble related to the current distribution and carriage of the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO:

- FSN South has distributed 70 Bobcats broadcasts on FSCR and SPSO to every cable and satellite operator in North and South Carolina
- The following cable operators have opted to pick up the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO; Time Warner Cable in Charlotte , Greensboro , Fayetteville , Raleigh ** and Winston-Salem ; Mi-Connection ( Mooresville , NC ); SkyLine Communications (West Jefferson, NC) and Southern Coastal Cable, LLC ( Georgetown , SC )
- **Time Warner Cable in Raleigh only carries FSCR
- If your cable operator is not among those listed above, it means they have made the decision to not carry the Bobcats this season on FSCR and SPSO
- Satellite providers DirecTV and Dish Network have opted to limit their carriage of the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO to the NBA-designated inner market: a 75-mile radius around the city of Charlotte
- It should be noted that neither DirecTV nor Dish Network has the ability to perfectly define a 75-mile radius in their geo-coding of subscribers
- Neither DirecTV nor Dish Network will make Bobcats games available on FSCR or SPSO beyond the NBA 75-mile inner market radius because they both decided not to pay the fee necessary to cover the NBA's outer market fees
- Regardless of a cable or satellite operator's decision to carry the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO, all of our games are blacked out on NBA League Pass in North and South Carolina per NBA rules
- The best course of action to remedy this situation is to contact your cable or satellite operator directly and express your desire to watch the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO

If you have any other questions regarding carriage of the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO by cable and satellite operators, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.
B B M F 'ers
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#52 » by W_HAMILTON » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:18 pm

Is that a Bobcats official posting that? If so, they should be the ones bitching to TWC that most of their outlets are not choosing to televise their games. What the hell was the purpose of giving them naming rights? Most of the people that see the games now, could see the games before anyway.

It's like they are making it harder for a lot of people to watch the games. What's funny is, it was easier for me to watch games when C-SET was still around, because they at least offered that as a channel I could receive. From what I understand now, if you are part of a cable area that "chose" not to pick up the Bobcats games, you have basically no way of watching them on TV.

If C-SET was a disaster, I don't know what they think this deal was.

I sure hope they at least got some money from the naming rights deal.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by spectre_ » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:21 pm

W_HAMILTON wrote:Is that a Bobcats official posting that? If so, they should be the ones bitching to TWC that most of their outlets are not choosing to televise their games. What the hell was the purpose of giving them naming rights? Most of the people that see the games now, could see the games before anyway.

It's like they are making it harder for a lot of people to watch the games. What's funny is, it was easier for me to watch games when C-SET was still around, because they at least offered that as a channel I could receive. From what I understand now, if you are part of a cable area that "chose" not to pick up the Bobcats games, you have basically no way of watching them on TV.

If C-SET was a disaster, I don't know what they think this deal was.

I sure hope they at least got some money from the naming rights deal.

That's EXACTLY how it is. And to make matters worse, people who didn't have TWC at least had the option of League Pass...but now that's gone too.

Obviously Bob Johnson's wife was the brains behind BET.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,629

Post#54 » by fatlever » Mon Nov 3, 2008 10:36 pm

ham, that post came directly from michael thompson who works for the bobcats. Thanks michael for at least keeping us in the loop.

agreed, the bobcats should be having a fit. they should be on the phones with all the local cable companies working out a deal to get their games on tv. just sayin "well, we gave them the option to pick up the games and they didnt, oh well, nothing we can do" that's a losing mentality. if the local cable cos dont want to pick up the games because they dont want to pay the extra fees to fsn, then the bobcats should work out a deal to pay the fees for the cable cos or work out a deal with fsn to get the fees reduced or dismissed. the bobcats keep saying its not their fault. who cares whose fault it is. the bobcats are the ones getting screwed by fsn and the cable cos. dont make the fans do your dirty work for you.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by spectre_ » Tue Nov 4, 2008 12:00 am

fatlever wrote:ham, that post came directly from michael thompson who works for the bobcats. Thanks michael for at least keeping us in the loop.

agreed, the bobcats should be having a fit. they should be on the phones with all the local cable companies working out a deal to get their games on tv. just sayin "well, we gave them the option to pick up the games and they didnt, oh well, nothing we can do" that's a losing mentality. if the local cable cos dont want to pick up the games because they dont want to pay the extra fees to fsn, then the bobcats should work out a deal to pay the fees for the cable cos or work out a deal with fsn to get the fees reduced or dismissed. the bobcats keep saying its not their fault. who cares whose fault it is. the bobcats are the ones getting screwed by fsn and the cable cos. dont make the fans do your dirty work for you.

Thank you.

Irony
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:49 am

So the issue in raleigh with TWC is that there is no SS, so only the FSN games are aired? Wow. It's impossible for me to watch half of the games legally...

Return to Charlotte Hornets