69%
62%
34pts
9 boards
3 assists
2 steals
3 blocks
4 turn overs

That'll teach me to talk up Al Thornton!!

i wasnt going to say anything :wink:
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Re: GT: Charlotte v. Miami 11-1 7:00pm 

Post#142 » by Walt Cronkite » Sun Nov 2, 2008 4:09 pm

I had no issues with how Felton played last night. Also, since it was my first time seeing him play this season, I can currently say that he's looked great so far!
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#143 » by DaBassSource » Sun Nov 2, 2008 4:43 pm

Bassman wrote:Well THAT was some win! Wish we could play against an undersized team every night.

Let me never speak any more about a Wallace trade for anyone other than a superstar. He got it cranked up last night, as did J-Rich. Okafor was strong. Kudos to Dudley and the 2 Browns. I like the work Big Brown did down low, took it to the hoop a couple times, banged for boards. Little Brown wasn't very productive offensively but he did play some nice D on Mr. Wade.

Interesting the way they ran the spread and the pick & roll. Pretty good execution and spacing, which allowed the penetration drives and passes that set up guys well. Perhaps this team is starting to get it.

The other thing that happened, and was confirmed by the Observer's article this morning, was that the team loosened up. Crash talked to coach and told him they were thinking too much (DUH!). He asked if he could just play within the system and apologize later! OK CRASH, APOLOGY ACCEPTED!! :lol:

This team can compete depending on matchups. The Heat is not a very good team now. Beasley is a player, as of course Wade is. I love Halsem (he'd be great here but no chance of getting him).

Chalmers outplayed Felton, and he's a rookie! He certainly outplayed DJ. Augs has moments when he gives you a WOW play, but too many others where he's clearly not ready.

GREAT WIN.
I don't think Chalmers outplayed Felton at all...However, I do think Chalmers is going to be a very good player...better than DJ... BTW did you see Crash chew DJ's arse for something...Maybe not getting into the play "he seemed to just dribble in one place..."
"Maybe I destroyed the game. But maybe, you're just making excuses.'' MJ
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,629

Post#144 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 2, 2008 5:46 pm

a few more points about the game.

the number of heat fans was down significantly from the last 2 years. just goes to show how many bandwagon fans there are in the world. sad. no doubt all those bandwagon heat fans will show up wearing celtic jerseys later this year. lame bandwagon fans -1.

if i ever have a band i plan to name it "the dwyane wade free throw parade" (DWFTP). it sounds like an lame indie chick band, but i'd blow everyone's minds when i laid down some nasty 70's funk on them, complete with a 10 piece horn line and spandex metallic jumpsuits for all. it's hard for me to truely respect wade as a player when he STILL gets so many calls from the refs. biased refs -1.

i love andre brown on defense. he shows on the pick and roll better than any big man we've had here. plus he has a decent little baby hook in the lane and will put the ball on the floor to get it off. andre brown +1

i think its great that MJ sat behind the bench. this is where he should be anytime he goes to a game. the players and the fans need to see him. he makes a difference. mj +1.

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2008 ... -game.html

It was interesting, also, to see Michael Jordan sitting five feet from the Bobcats' bench -- close enough for Larry Brown to put him in the game if he hadn't been dressed in a sports coat. I think it helps both the Bobcats' team to see MJ while they're playing, and for fans to see him visibly involved. He should do more of that, and he can do it anytime he wants -- Jordan bought the seats right next to the Bobcats' bench.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#145 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 2, 2008 7:44 pm

crash rubs mjs head after block. awesome.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/bobcats/ ... 0020800027
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,220

Post#146 » by tsherkin » Sun Nov 2, 2008 11:49 pm

Rich4114 wrote:Chalmers hit a few nice jumpers, but I don't see where he ran the team very well at all. Did he even have an assist?

Umm, yeah... He had 8 of them. And 7 boards and 17 points.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#147 » by BigSlam » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:01 am

tsherkin wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:Chalmers hit a few nice jumpers, but I don't see where he ran the team very well at all. Did he even have an assist?

I'm pretty sure he only had 2 boards and 6 points????
B B M F 'ers
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#148 » by doc.end » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:37 am

BigSlam wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

I'm pretty sure he only had 2 boards and 6 points????
You know that's Miami Heat.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#149 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 1:35 am

:rofl: @ the D-Wade Free Throw Party Band

a few things i noticed yesterday....

there isn't a scoreboard anywhere in the arena, showing the score at all times, the stats at all times and the players on the court at all times, like I've seen at the arena down in Miami -- is their a reason why they don't do that at the TWC Arena?

the crowd is very quiet throughout the game, save for when the team scores a basket; do you guys feel the same way?
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 1:37 am

fatlever wrote:a few more points about the game.

the number of heat fans was down significantly from the last 2 years. just goes to show how many bandwagon fans there are in the world. sad. no doubt all those bandwagon heat fans will show up wearing celtic jerseys later this year. lame bandwagon fans -1.

if i ever have a band i plan to name it "the dwyane wade free throw parade" (DWFTP). it sounds like an lame indie chick band, but i'd blow everyone's minds when i laid down some nasty 70's funk on them, complete with a 10 piece horn line and spandex metallic jumpsuits for all. it's hard for me to truely respect wade as a player when he STILL gets so many calls from the refs. biased refs -1.

i love andre brown on defense. he shows on the pick and roll better than any big man we've had here. plus he has a decent little baby hook in the lane and will put the ball on the floor to get it off. andre brown +1

i think its great that MJ sat behind the bench. this is where he should be anytime he goes to a game. the players and the fans need to see him. he makes a difference. mj +1.

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2008 ... -game.html

It was interesting, also, to see Michael Jordan sitting five feet from the Bobcats' bench -- close enough for Larry Brown to put him in the game if he hadn't been dressed in a sports coat. I think it helps both the Bobcats' team to see MJ while they're playing, and for fans to see him visibly involved. He should do more of that, and he can do it anytime he wants -- Jordan bought the seats right next to the Bobcats' bench.
I felt otherwise, just because of who he is, MJ!

IMO, he's a daunting figure in his ownright. And, if he's on the bench and close to the players, are the players fully focused with what's going on during the game and such? I just feel, owners/execs such as Cuban and Jerry Jones should not be on the field of play.....
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#151 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:54 am

Flash3 wrote::rofl: @ the D-Wade Free Throw Party Band

a few things i noticed yesterday....

there isn't a scoreboard anywhere in the arena, showing the score at all times, the stats at all times and the players on the court at all times, like I've seen at the arena down in Miami -- is their a reason why they don't do that at the TWC Arena?

the crowd is very quiet throughout the game, save for when the team scores a basket; do you guys feel the same way?

I'm pretty sure the Bobcats fired that person, and just haven't figured out how to do that themselves. Part of those 45 layoffs.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by Flash3 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:54 am

Ahh, I see.

Well, I don't see the need for 2 dance teams, when you guys have the "lady cats" and then the "rally cats." -- Why not have 1 of the groups, and pay the "stats guy"

and, im surprised they can't find anyone already employed to take care of that, unless it needs to be someone in particular....
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#153 » by floppymoose » Mon Nov 3, 2008 5:07 am

I bet the dancers are unpaid.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#154 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Nov 3, 2008 1:25 pm

If memory serves they get something like $35 per game. But I don't remember where I got that. Could be brain fart.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#155 » by Felton for Pres » Mon Nov 3, 2008 1:47 pm

I was very disappointed to see that the stats guys is gone. Honestly, can't they just have a high school student do it for free? Give him free food or something and you're all set. Even if the individual stats are 30 seconds/1 min delayed, its better than nothing. You paid for the technology, use it.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#156 » by chabber » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:21 pm

Seriously is that what happened? I figured they were having some technical difficulties or something. How do we know he was fired? Other than reading a few of us posters saying that's why we didn't have stats I haven't read this in print? Did I miss it somewhere?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#157 » by fatlever » Mon Nov 3, 2008 10:23 pm

i dont think he was fired. i was just making jokes. they were working on getting the stats up. at one point they had them up but everyone's pts said 88. then they took it back down. just a tech glitch, i'm sure.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#158 » by chabber » Tue Nov 4, 2008 1:34 pm

I thought I remembered seeing that too but with a few people saying what they did about stats I thought I must have been imagining things. Either I missed your post that had the implied humor or it just struck me as something I wouldn't put past them to do. :oops:

Stats were up and working great tonight though and Fabio recieved a good cheer when he came into the game. I even saw two people wearing #5 jersey's in his honor!

Return to Charlotte Hornets