Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Bright Spots 

Post#1 » by fluffernutter » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:09 am

List them so far.

I have two.

1) We actually seem to have effective in-bounds and end-of-quarter plays now. That's probably worth 1 or 2 additional points a game. Significant.

2) I saw Felton throw a perfectly-timed pass to JRich coming off a screen who caught it, turned, squared up, and knocked down the jumper... effortlessly. This indicates that the LB system, whatever you call it, can click with our team. The question is, how much, how often, and how quickly.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,629

Re: Bright Spots 

Post#2 » by fatlever » Mon Nov 3, 2008 1:08 am

bright spots
1. team defense
2. jrich starting to use midrange game
3. someone finally publicly complained about may's weight
4. ammo not reduced to spot-up shooter
5. offense and defense subs at end of quarters (not just end of games)
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#3 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:00 am

Ammo hasn't been hitting shots, but when he is out there the offense runs much smoother. He is just as good a passer as our PG's, which is why he has been on the floor and Carroll hasn't.

Watching the game yesterday we acted like a well coached team, for the first time I have seen in a long while. On offense, we were passing up wide open shots to make extra passes, and it worked. Our transition game was wonderful.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
bigwill95
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by bigwill95 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 5:11 pm

I was at the game on Sat and they looked really good. I am eager to see how they look against the Pistons tonight with JD in the starting line up,
misterglover
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#5 » by misterglover » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:29 pm

Without a doubt the effort...I have been one of the most negative when it comes to this team but the effort they displayed Saturday night was great...It got the whole arena into it and it felt like we were truly a NBA team....even if they lose 50+ plus games if they play with the passion, effort & look like they are trying I will be a happy Bobcat fan...well not really but you know what I mean....

Another thing I really liked was that I was in Row I on the lower level about 8/9 rows behind the bench & everytime Crash or JRich would come to the bench they would come sit beside MJ and you could actually see him "coaching 'em up" and they seemed very receptive...I also saw MJ have a fun laughs & conversations with the ref's and we actually got some calls and Wade didnt actually get the 100 phantom calls he usually gets.....

Return to Charlotte Hornets