ImageImage

GT: Charlotte v. Detroit 11-3 7:00pm

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Re: GT: Charlotte v. Detroit 11-3 7:00pm 

Post#81 » by Bassman » Tue Nov 4, 2008 1:59 pm

Last night's game was a classic example of a very good team taking it to a below average team. The Pistons took advantage of every shortcoming we had, played excellent defense, and demonstrated their deep bench despite missing 3 guys!

I was as ticked as anyone with Okafor, but this is what happens when you have no quality PF to help rebound or defend the rangy 4's in the league. EO50 has limitations, that's just a fact. We paid the $ for him because the alternative was .... nobody. This team couldn't count on a trade, and especially can't expect to create massive cap space and attract a prime-time free agent.

Shannon Brown was the player of the game. His confidence is growing and he can be a valuable contributor off the bench. I'd even venture to say he could start at the 2 if we ever traded Crash and moved J-rich to the 3.

Ammo looking much better, and yes I believe he could be the trade chip we use for a PF. But nobody is going to see him as anything more than a 6th man scorer (at best). He could be that for us but we need a PF. A. Brown showed me NOTHING last night. Dudley needs to sub at the 3 or against small 4's only.

Why so few minutes for Nazi when we're dealing with a big strong line? Amir wore us out on the boards.

Felts struggled more than he usually does but he was hurting. So far our PG play is weak, only trailing the broken part that is our PF spot. Throughout these games that position hurts us badly (we got away with it against little Miami once). Time to get something done before the season slides backward.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#82 » by Felton for Pres » Tue Nov 4, 2008 2:16 pm

2000 people? it was that bad? it looked bad on tv, but not that bad.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#83 » by BigSlam » Tue Nov 4, 2008 2:31 pm

Bassman wrote:I was as ticked as anyone with Okafor, but this is what happens when you have no quality PF to help rebound or defend the rangy 4's in the league. EO50 has limitations, that's just a fact. .

Totally true. People seem to be getting on EO50's case - but if his team mates aren't boxing out around him is there any wonder a gus like Amir can jump all over him and rip boards down? How many boards did we give up when there was 3 of us and 1 of them because 2 of our guys are just willing to stand there and watch instead of laying a body on the opposing players???
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#84 » by BigSlam » Tue Nov 4, 2008 2:36 pm

People are talking up Crash last night, and I thought he had a pertty ordinary game. He moaned at the ref's all night, he played WAYYYYYY too loose on Prince, he took bad shots and forced the issue.

Ammo played better D on Prince - and that's saying something!!
B B M F 'ers
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#85 » by doc.end » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:56 pm

Weel, yes.
But his rebound rate was great and it gave us some extra possesions.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#86 » by BigSlam » Tue Nov 4, 2008 6:57 pm

That's like me saying "well, yes, but EO50 shot great from the line and it gave us extra points".
B B M F 'ers
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#87 » by doc.end » Wed Nov 5, 2008 12:48 am

I agree he doesn't have a special game. But he was still one of our better players. You cannot srew totally if you have rebounds in double digits as a (small) forward.

Don't hate Mek's FT shooting, knock knock he is much better this year so far. I don't think it was a fair comparison 10+ rebounds is more than couple of sunk free throws.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#88 » by BigSlam » Wed Nov 5, 2008 12:55 am

How about the boards that Crash gave up by not boxing out?
B B M F 'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets