Re: Not looking like we'll get Kaman 

Post#21 » by Felton for Pres » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:29 pm

No way that trade happens. 0% chance.
CarolinaCash
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by CarolinaCash » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Felton for Pres.......you want to make a bet? It will get done as soon as tonight after Mobley passes his physical. I know something is in the works.......I'm just hoping we get something extra in return. Is there any way the Clips give us Thornton or Davis? Maybe Kaman and Thornton for JRich and May? Or even Ricky Davis and Kaman?
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#23 » by ohara » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 pm

CarolinaCash wrote:Felton for Pres.......you want to make a bet? It will get done as soon as tonight after Mobley passes his physical. I know something is in the works.......I'm just hoping we get something extra in return. Is there any way the Clips give us Thornton or Davis? Maybe Kaman and Thornton for JRich and May? Or even Ricky Davis and Kaman?

You know, thinking about it, it is kind of funny that they said J-Rich would only miss a couple games, and then strung it out a few more. It very well could be that they are making sure he doesn't get hurt b/4 a trade. That said, we traded away the rioghts to Brandon Wright for J-Rich. Cant really see them reversing course and trading him out.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#24 » by BigSlam » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Felton for Pres wrote:No way that trade happens. 0% chance.

Never day never.........but I'm with you. I'd give it a 1% chance of happening.
B B M F 'ers
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#25 » by ctorres » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Kaman for J-Rich is a steal for the Bobcats.

Swingmen are a dime a dozen. Quality centers, especially when a team is in dire need of one, are priceless.
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Felton for Pres » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:41 pm

CarolinaCash wrote:Felton for Pres.......you want to make a bet? It will get done as soon as tonight after Mobley passes his physical. I know something is in the works.......I'm just hoping we get something extra in return. Is there any way the Clips give us Thornton or Davis? Maybe Kaman and Thornton for JRich and May? Or even Ricky Davis and Kaman?

My comment is based on a straight up trade. If it goes down as straight up, I'm turning in my tickets.

I would actually welcome Kaman/Gordon for JRich, but I doubt that happens on the Clips side. I don't really want Thornton because we already have Wallace.
holdupstop23
Head Coach

Post#27 » by holdupstop23 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:55 pm

I will GUARANTEE you guys that you will get Kaman/R.Davis for J.Rich/filler.
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#28 » by countryboi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:06 pm

there has to be a better way to get this draft done without jrich...i know this is good deal for cause its a big for a small...but i feel like the bobcats are taking 2 steps back when trying to move forward with this trade
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Felton for Pres » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:18 pm

holdupstop23 wrote:I will GUARANTEE you guys that you will get Kaman/R.Davis for J.Rich/filler.

No bid for Ricky Davis whatsoever.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,656

Post#30 » by fatlever » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:35 pm

i'm not really liking this new rumor.

while i can conceed that pure value wise jrich and kaman are about equal, i was liking the idea of jrich hanging around for a while.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#31 » by countryboi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 pm

fatlever wrote:i'm not really liking this new rumor.

while i can conceed that pure value wise jrich and kaman are about equal, i was liking the idea of jrich hanging around for a while.

word...easily my fav bobcat and he has been working hard doing whatever larry asked of him....cant help but hope this is just a rumor
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#32 » by dmutombo321 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:29 pm

I would hate to see J-rich go. I honestly view him as one of the top 5-10 shooting guards in the league and there are very few scenarios in which I would be willing to part with him.

Thorton is just a poor man's wallace. The only way I would do a Jrich/Kaman deal is if Eric Gordon is included.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#33 » by BigSlam » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:59 pm

IMO Crash is worth Kaman. Swish is worth something more - like LMA for example.
B B M F 'ers
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,257

Post#34 » by amcoolio » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:05 pm

As much as I like Kaman....J-Rich is not the guy i'd trade for him...especially since we've been so piss poor on offense.

Also, how would Okafor and Kaman coexist?
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#35 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm

Okay, I need some clarification. Do we think that it took so long (until last season) to find an NBA starting caliber SG because of the limit on our cap space or are they less readily available than generally accepted?

Coolio- Okafor on the court with Kaman is a train wreck on defense and they'll both want to operate on a block offensively. To his credit, Kaman is essentially ambidextrous, so at least they won't literally be fighting for the same space, only figuratively. Kaman extended his range some last year and shot a good percentage from +15 ft-inside the 3pt line, but he's not that great of a shooter inside 15 feet.

I don't feel so good about this rumor.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#36 » by BigSlam » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:42 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:Okay, I need some clarification. Do we think that it took so long (until last season) to find an NBA starting caliber SG because of the limit on our cap space or are they less readily available than generally accepted?

I think that is one of the biggest bs throw away lines people like to use. Like you said Walt, if finding a SG was so easy why did it take so long?

Sure, finding one is easy - finding a quality one is down right hard and you don't just throw one away when you have one.
B B M F 'ers
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#37 » by spectre_ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:50 pm

^ Well by rights look at where we've tried to find SGs in the past. They've all been late picks we traded for (and why would they be traded so quick?), FAs or the D League.

Remember what Bernie said...there are no 2s and there are no 3s...only "wings".

What a load of crap that was.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#38 » by dmutombo321 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:02 pm

I think that is one of the biggest bs throw away lines people like to use. Like you said Walt, if finding a SG was so easy why did it take so long?

Absolutely. Especially ones as athletic and versitile as Richardson who can shoot 40%+ from downtown. There are only a small handful for shooting guards in the NBA I would rank ahead of Richardson and most of them happen to have surnames like Byrant, Wade, Roy. No way I would deal Richardson for Kaman straight up. Gordon would need to be included and even then, I would only reluctantly pull the trigger.

The earlier comment about Okafor and Kaman Coexisting poorly in the post is a valid one. Kaman would ideally work best with a mobile 4 who can defend mobile 4s and hit the mid range jumper on offense in order to give Kaman space to operate on the blocks. Okafor is the polar opposite.

As BYC, Okafor's not going anywhere any time soon. He cant be traded until mid december, and, even then, we can only take back half his salary which really limits the options. Probably, the best you could hope for would be a deal taking back an up and comer still on the rookie scale like a Bargnani (would have to be a three way since Toronto covets wings, not bigs) and this would not equate to equal value.

Short of something like this, I think we're married to Okafor for a long time. My greatest fear is that his value declines in the later, more expensive years of his contract and his trade value will amount to salary dump offers for marginal talents.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#39 » by CarolinaCash » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:43 pm

^I think you guys have it backwards. Kaman is way more valuable than JRich and we would have to be the ones throwing something back.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#40 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:48 pm

$120,000,000 Okafor/Kaman front court is overwhelming.

Return to Charlotte Hornets