ImageImage

shannon brown

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

truthbtold21
Junior
And1: 15

shannon brown 

Post#1 » by truthbtold21 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Im not sure whats going on with this guy and his mins. One min he's in the rotation and now last game he got 20sec and aganist boston he's inactive,the kid can play basketball he showed that when he got he time to play,he plays defense and he gets buckets.Ammo and caroll are not hittin right now why not give shannon some of those min and see what he can do with them.I tend to find myself scratching my head sometimes with larry brown,he says he wants to put the best 5 guys on the court and then i see ammo and caroll on the court at the same time and they are not producing,why are they still getting these min.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Re: shannon brown 

Post#2 » by countryboi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

thats life in the nba has the 9-10 guy on the bench some times your play some times you dont...vs boston he was not need so he didnt play...cant say i agree with that but i aint the coach
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#3 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Swish being back is pretty much going to soak up any mins that Shannon was getting. Also, he and Felts play a very similar role, it's just that Felts is much better at doing it.

Ammo and Hammer bring a different dimension than Shannon can.
B B M F 'ers
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by spectre_ » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:32 pm

LB said he's ultimately going with a 9 man rotation, so unless something happens I imagine a lot of guys are going to see minimal/no minutes. Add in that we have so many wings then he'll probably seldom see the light of day.

I do like Shannon Brown tho.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,655

Post#5 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:38 pm

i have no problem giving shannon all of carroll's minutes. shannon has been the better player, so far, this season.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,655

Post#6 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:44 pm

spectre_ wrote:LB said he's ultimately going with a 9 man rotation, so unless something happens I imagine a lot of guys are going to see minimal/no minutes.

his actions say otherwise. so far, LB has been more likely to play all 12 than to play 9.

LB has been sporadic w/ everyone on the bench's minutes this season, except dj and ammo. hollins, nazr, dudley, shannon, carroll, anjinca etc... i never know who is going to play. and even when they come in there is no telling how long they will stay in the game.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by spectre_ » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Notice the word "ultimately".

Heh, not trying to be a donkey Fats, just putting out what Bonnell reported LB said. Since most everyone on the bench except DJ has been so inconsistent it makes sense that he hasn't been able to narrow it down to 9 players.

I agree about giving Brown Hammer's minutes, but I wonder if we can afford to just toss him to the pine...esp. since we're looking to make a trade. Of course in the time he is getting he's not helping that cause any.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony

Return to Charlotte Hornets