ImageImage

Rashad for MIdlevel?

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Rashad for MIdlevel? 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Do you think Rashard would sign for the midlevel and would want to go to us?
Assuming we resign Felton we have A guy he gels with perfectly and this is were he played in college. He would be our future sg and get alot of shots and minutes. He would be absolutely perfect for us because what we need is bench scoring and scoring from the wing and a guy who can create. Were not gonna be in the lottery imo (fingers crossed) so were not gonna build from the draft and were hopefully not gonna make any blockbuster trades and our crap won't get us anything.

This team would contend imo 09/10 with LB a year in and Felton improving

Mek/Nazi/Diop
Diaw/Howard/Lexi
Wallace/Bell
Bell/Rashard/Brown
Felton/DJ/Singlatary

That's 14 players and they would be deep 1-14. I say get rid of May and AMMO even if we give them away and draft anybody even if we keep them in europe.

We would have to convience Juwan to play another year but we can do that by offering him a 3 year deal with the understanding he can only play another year and get bought out for 100% if he wants.

I believe when Rashard takes over for Bell as starter he can average 18 with Felts getting 18 and Wallace will get better under LB hopefully because he makes you improve so maybe he learns to hit the 3 and he gets about 18 and with Diaw getting 15 and Mek maybe improving to 17 we can be contenders and keep the core intact.

With Rashard getting DNP's and teams not wanting to go over the cap I can't imagine he gets more then that and considering he fits our needs more then anybody for what he could be had for and the fact that if Im right and he is successful a backcourt of Felton and Rashard and them making the playoffs will get them a bigger fanbase like MJ planned in the 05 draft. He had the right idea he just choose the wrong guy in May. It should of been Felton and Rashard which is a hell of a nice backcourt. As a UNC fan myself if I wasn't that into the Cats and they had that backcourt and they were playing well I would take an interest.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Re: Rashard for MIdlevel? 

Post#2 » by Walt Cronkite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:34 am

good god NO
zoned unc
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by zoned unc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:40 am

1st: for the love of god man, it's RASHAD. not Rashard.

2nd: Ray and Sean didnt get along that well with Shad while they were at UNC, i cant see that playing out well here.

3rd: For some strange Rashad has got Forte syndrome and thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

I would rather sign David Noel from the NBDL than to get Rashad. The kid has more heart and desire than most of our team and would gut himself if LB told him to.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Well they can do that now.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 pm

They need some confident players. Maybe him and Felts didn't like each other personally but there older and they still played great together.
The idea is perfect unless they can get him for May and our 2nd rounders.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#6 » by amcoolio » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:01 pm

I had no clue who you were talking about until the last few sentences. Just use his last name! Thats like saying "lets trade for Jason".
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#7 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Im starting to get concerned with your obsession with Mccants. Throwing an idea out there a couple times is fine, and dandy, but every day is just getting annoying.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Re: Rashad for MIdlevel? 

Post#8 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Well that is why I put it in this thread because I kept bringing it up in other threads so I figure I can make 1 thread and that's were it will be talked about with hopeful responces. The spelling is embarrasing although I do know his game inside and out.

I just think that there is no player that makes more sence. He is a guy who is not playing and can be had for probably Sean Mays contract and our 2nd rounders who fits our needs exactly. Can start or come off the bench.
He was hurt his first couple years and has never played for a good coach. He still last year was there second leading scorer with 15 a game in 28 minutes or so.
He is a guy who can get us to the playoffs, make Felton better and Diaw and since he can create and score he could even make Mek better.
He has excellent size because he is one of the strongest guards in the league and even though he is 6'4 he has a reach of 6'9.
If we drafted May, Felton, Morrison for a fanbase plus got MJ as our gm and a NC guy in LB (although LB was a good move no matter what) why not get a guy like Rashad? He is gonna be traded within a month I just don't understand why we don't take him now.
You can't tell me Shannon Brown is better then him.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Walt Cronkite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm

McCants has been moody for every coach he's played with. UNC fans tried to blame it on Doherty, but he was still way too sulky under Williams. I can't see LB wanting to deal with a player like that. I'd much rather just hope for the best with Shannon.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Shannon Brown will be Eddie House. We all know he has no chance to be a star. Iverson was moody to and LB can get him under control. So can Bell. McCants can be a star. Not allstar be can be our future sg which we need. Shannon Brown won't be a starter and if he is it will be a position we need to upgrade. Rashad can make us go from fighting for 8th to 5th seed next year.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#11 » by BigSlam » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm

I'd rather Rodney Carney than Rash Hard Mac Can Nots.

(yes, I'm still beating that Hot Rod drum!!)
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,626

Post#12 » by fatlever » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:35 pm

i saw a hot rod highlight the other day............................. it was a dunk.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Walt Cronkite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Dex-- Are JR Smith, Francisco Garcia, Mickael Pietrus, Marquis Daniels type players "stars"?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#14 » by BigSlam » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 pm

fatlever wrote:i saw a hot rod highlight the other day............................. it was a dunk.

SIGN HIM UP!!
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,626

Post#15 » by fatlever » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 pm

you know i love dunks. its my theme for 2009. no jumpers, just dunks. stephen curry is a bust. bring on derozan. whooo hoo!!!!!
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:Dex-- Are JR Smith, Francisco Garcia, Mickael Pietrus, Marquis Daniels type players "stars"?

Wow I can't believe I have come off this stupid that you have to ask that. No they are not stars. Not even close. The only one who could be on that list is JR Smith and he lacks the work ethic.
A star is a 20 point a game go to guy like Ray Allen.
I am saying Rashad CAN be a star in the future or close to it because I think he has 18-20 point a game potential. There are some players who average 20 and aren't stars of course like Cory and some players who are stars that average less then 20 like Kidd

You guys should quizz me or something because I know alot about ball. Been watching since I was 8 which is 20 years ago now.
WaydownSouth
Junior
And1: 1

Post#17 » by WaydownSouth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 pm

You need to learn to say no to drugs.....

The only way I'd want McCants is if he came in a deal with Al Jefferson.
zoned unc
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#18 » by zoned unc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:34 pm

What good is a 20ppg scorer who gives up 30+ to his man?
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Well I think LB could have him playing good D.

I to love Rodney Carney. I would love to have him here but I do not believe he is available.

To me there are different levels

Super Elite-Lebron and Kobe

Elite-Wade,Chris Paul, Duncan Howard

Superstar-Roy,JJ, Granger,Melo

Star-Rj, Devin Harris, Carlos Boozer

Close to star (which I think Rashad and Felton can be) Mo, Hedo,Lee. (We have arguably 4-5 of them but no stars.)

Above average starter but nothing more-Bell, Haslem, Miller

Then there are good bench players like Ariza

Then there are average bench player rotation guys like Juwan Howard and Shannon Brown

Then there are guys who will soon be out of the league like Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison and Sean May

Those are just examples.
Bizz
Senior
And1: 322

Post#20 » by Bizz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Well I kinda doubt we would go after Mccants with the MLE. In my opinion Cats should go after Trevor Ariza. He could be poor man Prince for us. He is another of the Larry Brown players club and can guard both wing positions. If we offer enough money I doubt LA would match since they also need to resign Odom, have Buynum extension kicking in + they allredy have Walton, Radmanovic and Vujacic all making big bucks at the three position. There are also players like McDyess and Wallace waiting to step into Howards role.

Return to Charlotte Hornets