-Not worried about loss

-Big props to blazers. Sound management, great players

That was it.
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Re: Wed Jan 28th GT: Charlotte Vs Portland 10:00pm 

Post#163 » by EGame » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:40 am

Hi guys Blazer fan here. You guys gave a good effort, but the 2 OT game against the Lakers showed it seems. You have a great team, it seems more and more like the Bell and Diaw trade has paid divedends for you guys (of course this is an outside view maybe you guys feel differently). I just wanted to come in here and say good game and hope that Wallace revcovers well and quickly. I was watching that game live and did not like what Bynum did. When I read that Wallace could potentially have a collapsed lung I was pretty sad because he is such a nice guy who shows a lot of heart and has had some pretty bad luck as far as injuries go. Good luck to him and to your Bobcats, you guys have quietly done a very nice job. Good luck for the rest of the season!
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#164 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 am

As a Blazer fan, I'd like to send my condolences for Gerald Wallace's injury last night. That was a classless move by Andrew Bynum and if he doesn't at least earn a 1 game suspension, there is something seriously wrong with the NBA.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Post#165 » by Malapropism » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 am

Oden2 wrote:As a Blazer fan, I'd like to send my condolences for Gerald Wallace's injury last night. That was a classless move by Andrew Bynum and if he doesn't at least earn a 1 game suspension, there is something seriously wrong with the NBA.

Stop kissing ass. Also, stop with the stupid bias hate on Bynum. It was unfortunate that Wallace got injured, but Bynum didn't intend to hurt him.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#166 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 am

Malapropism wrote:
Oden2 wrote:As a Blazer fan, I'd like to send my condolences for Gerald Wallace's injury last night. That was a classless move by Andrew Bynum and if he doesn't at least earn a 1 game suspension, there is something seriously wrong with the NBA.

Stop kissing ass. Also, stop with the stupid bias hate on Bynum. It was unfortunate that Wallace got injured, but Bynum didn't intend to hurt him.

I'd say an elbow to the chest is more than just an unfortunate incident. Now I like Bynum in terms of talent, so if you're thinking that I'm basing my complaints on that, you're completely incorrect. I don't care which player you're talking about, when a guy collapses another player's lung and breaks a couple of his ribs, it's beyond fun and games. Even if the foul was unintentional (which as you know, I'm skeptical of), Bynum should probably be suspended as to give him some encouragement to avoid further cheap shots like the one he pulled off on GW the other night.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#167 » by chabber » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 pm

fatlever wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:The man formally known as toodles!

i have to admit... someone has finally gotten thru to mek. he has been finishing like a freaking monster the past few weeks. i love it. i'm passing the toodles torch over to diaw. love my boy diaw but man he misses a bunch of easy buckets up close when he could just go up stronger.

Really you should be passing along two nicks to Diaw.

Toodles 2.0 and The One Arm Bandit. I think he's might be worse than Herrmann in that regard.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#168 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:44 pm

I was thinking last night - there is no doubt the boys were tired. After a physical and long game the night before plus the emotional baggage of Crash's welfare on their mind you can't blame them....................but, this just rams home the importance of winning games when they should be won.

The game against the Lakers should never have gone into OT or double OT. If we had finished it at the line in regualtion like we should have, then they would have had more energy against the Blazers and might have eeked out a win rather than being flat and exhusted.
B B M F 'ers
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#169 » by W_HAMILTON » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Yep.

You could tell early on that they didn't have the same defensive intensity that they normally have. If we don't have our defense, and we don't have offensive players like Wallace/Augustin, we aren't gonna have much of anything. With all the offense we have traded away / lost to injury lately, we aren't going to win many games with our offense alone; hell, we weren't winning many games on our offense alone back when we had those offensive talents, much less now.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.

Return to Charlotte Hornets