ImageImage

Mid -Season Player Grades

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Vietbrah
Pro Prospect
And1: 925

Mid -Season Player Grades 

Post#1 » by Vietbrah » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Now that we're at the mid way point of the season, what grades would you give each player based on their play and give a description.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Re: Mid -Season Player Grades 

Post#2 » by Dexmor » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:17 am

Felton A- Have to take these past 2 weeks into consideration. Almost had a triple dip yesterday. If he played like that all year it would be A to Aplus.

Wallace B plus. The reason he doesn't get an A is because he didn't improve. He played great probably our best player but no improvements. Just coasting off athletism and hustle.

Mek B plus-He improved but is still inconsistant.

DJ A minus- If he stayed healthy would have been an A

The rest coming soon.
ccbballin
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by ccbballin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:42 am

Felton- C+ He has improved alot and is helping us win games but his decision making and passing have plenty of room to improve.

Bell- B Considering we lost our best scorer in J Rich, he has been an adequate substitute.

Wallace A- Great on D, great hustle, great rebounder. If he can stay healthy and make better plays with the ball in his hands he will be an All-Star next year.

Diaw - A I thought trading for him would be stupid but this guy is awesome. His shot is better than advertised, his passing is top notch for his size, and he is solid on D and rebounding.

Mek- B Having to be compared to Dwight Howard hurts but he is consistent and would start on any team in the league.

DJ - B Started out good and had some really good games. Undersized but his driblling and passing skills are as good as somebody like Chris Paul. I don't know how much better he'll get though.

Ajinca - D At this point he still looks like a project many years away from productivity. Very skinny, not much different than J. Davidson skill wise.

May- F What is the deal with him? If he can't lose the weight his next knee injury will probably be it for his career.

Morrison D- I can't give him an F b/c he's my favorite player. But he needs to see a shrink or something.

Diop - C He's a lot shorter than I thought he was and slower. But could possibly be starting by next year and pave the way for another trade.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#4 » by Dexmor » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:19 am

Lexi has been a F this year. Has he had 1 good game? He has had several terrible ones and can't crack the rotation on a center needed team.

Again and I mean no insults but level with me, why is ammo your favorite player? What about him do you like? I just never met anybody who's favorite player was somebody who would be out of the league if he wasn't signed to a deal.
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#5 » by thruthefire » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm

Dexmor wrote:Lexi has been a F this year. Has he had 1 good game? He has had several terrible ones and can't crack the rotation on a center needed team.

Again and I mean no insults but level with me, why is ammo your favorite player? What about him do you like? I just never met anybody who's favorite player was somebody who would be out of the league if he wasn't signed to a deal.

Possibly college.....
Humble yourself.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#6 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 am

I think Steve's story is that he was balling in Orlando and his friends started calling him Morrison and he was all "Who's Morrison??" He ran with it.

I think it's a little hypocritical Dex for you to be jumping on and off of players jocks as they perform good/bad but call out other posters for liking specific players...
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,625

Post#7 » by fatlever » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am

felton: B playing like a middle of the pack NBA starting pg, which is a good thing.
bell: C after a slow start has come on strong. ideally he would be a defensive stopper off the bench, getting 20-25 mpg, not 35+.
wallace: B playing better lately, but we've seen him play a lot better for long stretches in previous years. he was finally starting to show signs of getting into one of those amazing grooves, like in past years.
diaw: B much better player than i anticipated. needs to be more consistent offensively.
okafor: B not getting as many shots as he did early in his career, but he is defending better than he ever has. he is not just a shotblocker on defense anymore.

augustin: C+ has been good for a rookie, but still has a ways to go in terms of defense and mid range game.
morrison: D a good start to his season is the only thing saving him from an F.
howard: C- based on my expectations of his game, he has been an A. i really did not expect him to have this much left.
Diop: D+ still waiting to see that defensive presence. offensively he is scary.
Brown: C- must improve consistency to become a player worthy of being in the top 8 rotation every night.
ajinca: D still has a ways to go, but shows promise.
singletary: D- i'm not impressed. he has no business being on the floor right now.
may: F still time to improve that grade if he can get down to 260.

Return to Charlotte Hornets