And1: 12

Nazr for Jared Jeffries? 

Post#1 » by Takuya Kimura » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:18 pm

CHA sends
Nazr Mohammed

NYK sends
Jared Jeffries

Why for Cats?
I consider it as a low-risk high-reard deal.
Jeffries can D up @SF which prevents Ammo from starting.
Plus his contract is EXACTLY the same as Nazi's,who won't get playing time over Diop,or even May and Ajinca.

Why for Knicks?
They get a true C which shifts Lee to his best position that is PF.An ex-NYK as well.
ccbballin
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Nazr for Jared Jeffries? 

Post#2 » by ccbballin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Sounds good. I doubt if Nazr would have much value to the Knicks though.
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#3 » by dmutombo321 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Intriguing suggestion.

I wouldnt be opposed to it and might have favored this over signing martin from the D-League.

As you mention, they both make the same money. It basically amounts to trading one over-paid, under-productive player who rides the bench for another one who could get more minutes here since SF has become a position of need.

One thing to consider though - If you're going to have an overpaid player, its probably best that it be a bigman. Nazr's contract is pretty ridiculous and I never endorsed trading for him due to his salary. However, money notwithstanding, Nazr is hardly a stiff. If Diop or Okafor got hurt and you needed him to play 25-30 mins per game, we know he can give you 10-10 while defending opposing bigs and banging in the post. At this junction, you arent gonna get that from Ajinca.
Takuya Kimura
Junior

Post#4 » by Takuya Kimura » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 pm

dmutombo321 wrote:Intriguing suggestion.

I wouldnt be opposed to it and might have favored this over signing martin from the D-League.

As you mention, they both make the same money. It basically amounts to trading one over-paid, under-productive player who rides the bench for another one who could get more minutes here since SF has become a position of need.

One thing to consider though - If you're going to have an overpaid player, its probably best that it be a bigman. Nazr's contract is pretty ridiculous and I never endorsed trading for him due to his salary. However, money notwithstanding, Nazr is hardly a stiff. If Diop or Okafor got hurt and you needed him to play 25-30 mins per game, we know he can give you 10-10 while defending opposing bigs and banging in the post. At this junction, you arent gonna get that from Ajinca.

though not good,Jaffries can play some C too.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Takuya Kimura wrote:CHA sends
Nazr Mohammed

NYK sends
Jared Jeffries

Why for Cats?
I consider it as a low-risk high-reard deal.
Jeffries can D up @SF which prevents Ammo from starting.
Plus his contract is EXACTLY the same as Nazi's,who won't get playing time over Diop,or even May and Ajinca.

Why for Knicks?
They get a true C which shifts Lee to his best position that is PF.An ex-NYK as well.

Jeffries is awful. Do you know what high reward means? There is no big reward in getting Jared Jeffries whatsoever. You also don't need him to not start Ammo all you have to do is not start Ammo. Plus he actually could take minutes away from other guys that you named because if they keep him and Diaw at the forwards then Mek stays at the 5 and less minutes for the ones you named.

This is a low risk low reward trade that doesn't hurt or really help anybody.
Plus Mike D is not gonna move Lee because Nazi won't start because he sucks.
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#6 » by BobsBuddy » Sun Feb 1, 2009 2:44 pm

:sleep: :sleep: :meditate: Just woke up and read this .Lets compare Jared to Nazr right now
jj playing 22 mpg averaging 5pts 4 boards and 2 apg--nm playing 0-4 mpg 2 and 2 and 0
jj younger than nazr and a 3 not a 5 --jjeven shoots 25% from 3 pt range. ammo shooting 15% currently. Nazr is older 10-15 mpg fillin 6/6 maybe
Depending on how long GW will be out.. you have a solid veteran 3 starting inJared
Nazr won't get 10/10 in 28 minutes even because diop will start if okafore gets hurt. nazr player 10-15
Jared is a keeper backup 3 after the season Nazr now is trade bait..Trade Morrison for veteran 2/late first round draft pick from another team that needs a shooter at 3

If NYK would go for this I would definitely do it
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#7 » by drj » Mon Feb 2, 2009 7:19 am

No thanks from NYK.
Jeffries is horrible but at least he can run, is a team player, and knows the system. The Knicks as a whole have been playing well. No need to make a trade just to make a trade. I don't see this helping the Knicks try to sneak into the playoffs this year, or clear salary for 2010.
Takuya Kimura
Junior

Post#8 » by Takuya Kimura » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:34 pm

drj wrote:No thanks from NYK.
Jeffries is horrible but at least he can run, is a team player, and knows the system. The Knicks as a whole have been playing well. No need to make a trade just to make a trade. I don't see this helping the Knicks try to sneak into the playoffs this year, or clear salary for 2010.

Cmon we're talking about better fit.
You have logjam at SF/PF with Chandler,Gallo,Harrington,Lee,Malik Rose(LOL but someone claimed him to be a top defender on this team)and Tim Thomas.

5 of them would be (at least) the 8th man in a contender.
Come on.
And what you have at C?
Lee?Out of position.
Jeffries?LOL
Jerome James?I can't stop luaghing.
Eddy Curry?Give him a dick and a big mac and he would retire. :lol:
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#9 » by amcoolio » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:44 pm

This is like trading Andre Brown for Adam Smith. (Who?)

Jared Jefferies is very, very, bad. He wouldn't beat out Adam Morrison.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#10 » by spectre_ » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:48 pm

amcoolio wrote:Jared Jefferies is very, very, bad. He wouldn't beat out Adam Morrison.

My grandmother could beat out Adam Morrison.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#11 » by amcoolio » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:46 pm

Maybe, but Jared Jefferies couldn't.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#12 » by chrbal » Fri Feb 6, 2009 2:59 am

I'd rather just hang on to Nazr. Nazr at his best can give you something like 11 points and 7 rebounds a game. Jared at his best can give you like 5 points and 4 rebounds a game. Nazr is a Center, Jareds a 'tweener forward.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,803

Post#13 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:29 am

Jeffries won't beat out Ammo in a boxscore contest,but would in a winning contest. But he needs a high octane offense around him to succeed, and they built that in NY. He's be a poor fit in Charlotte.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#14 » by Jajwanda » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:46 am

Considering your shooting woes, I could see Charlotte being interested in a Radmanovic-Mohammed swap. With either Crash or Diaw on the floor Radmanovic (obviously against lighter competition, shooters, etc... could be a useful compliment) would be fantastic to have.

The Lakers could use a backup big man and who knows with time in the triangle, big men tend to regain their value and usage. I could see Mohammed being successful again there. He'd be asked to be a defensive anchor in Charlotte though which he is not.

Return to Charlotte Hornets