Recent Changes Made

dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Recent Changes Made 

Post#1 » by dream34 » Wed May 1, 2013 7:57 pm

Over the last few weeks we have made quite a few changes to the forums. I'll summarize some of the main changes in case you haven't noticed them already.

Notifications
As many of you noticed, we began rolling out a notifications system that blew up your mobile devices and email inbox. These issues have since been resolved and the new notifications system is now in place. You will receive notifications when your posts are quoted or users reply to topics that you are subscribed to. The number of notifications you have will appear next to the number of private messages you have. Clicking on your notifications will reveal all of the recent ones you have, if any. You will also find quick links to view your subscriptions, settings, and past notifications. This new feature should be easy to use and enhance your browsing experience without becoming a nuisance.

- To manage your subscriptions, go to ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed and remove any topics you no longer wish to be subscribed to.

- If you want to automatically subscribe to a topic after you make a post, go to ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post and change "Notify me upon replies by default" to Yes.

- To manage your notifications, go to ucp.php?i=main&mode=notifications and delete any old notifications you want.

- When you create a new topic or post a reply to a topic, you can check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" to instantly subscribe to the topic.

- To subscribe to a topic when you aren't replying, scroll down to the very bottom of a topic and click on the "Subscribe Topic" link (found under Who Is Online).

Android RealGM Forum App Users: Log in and click on More > Settings > Notification to manage your notification settings. You can enable/disable notifications completely as well as modify the interval in which they are checked for. To manage your subscriptions, click on the Favorites button. To Unsubscribe, press and hold on a topic until the menu pops up with an Unsubscribe option. To subscribe to new topics, from the forum you can press and hold until the option to Subscribe appears. You can also view a topic, hit your menu button, and then click on Subscribe.

iOS RealGM Forum App Users: Log in and click on Settings > Notification to manage your notification settings. You can enable/disable notifications completely as well as which type of notifications you want to receive. If you are subscribed to a topic, you will receive a notification for each post is made. If that is too much, I'd recommend disabling the Subscribed Topics notifications. You can manage your subscriptions by clicking on the Favorites button. The blue button on the right will allow you to Unsubscribe from a topic. To subscribe to a topic, browse to a specific one, click the arrow on the top right, and press the Subscribe button.

And1 Count
The running total of And1's a user has received is now listed under their post count. On a side note, you can not And1 your own posts. If you click on the number of And1's a post has received, you will see the list of users who supplied them.