It’s a New NBA - yes or no

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

It’s a New NBA and the old guard is irrelevant

Poll ended at Tue Jun 4, 2024 2:24 pm

Yes - the old guard is now irrelevant
70%
No - the over 30 guys will return next year with a vengeance
30%

Total votes: 10

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,508

It’s a New NBA - yes or no 

Post#1 » by CobraCommander » Mon May 20, 2024 2:24 pm

This will be the first time a champion won’t have an MVP on the roster since Since Toronto and the Pistons before that -

And the oldest that the best player on the championship team could be is 26 and the youngest 22.

We are officially in a brand new nba -

The nba marketing department is torn between Boston power and Tatums good looks, Edwards raw athleticism and likeness of the Goat, Luka’s European heritage and hope that it grows the game or the hope that Caitlin Clark will suit up for the pacers or at least sit court side at games -

To me this looks like Dallas’s year and with Luka and Kyrie playing bad and the Mavs still winning it’s scary… but you can say the same about the wolves pacers and Boston… all the teams have stars BUT they can win with those stars having off nights or even horrible nights.

Its crazy - but I don’t think we will ever see Kawhi,Lebron, KD, PG13, Harden, or Curry relevant at this time of the year again.

Hell- the entire we got NOW crowd of Giannis, Embiid and Jokic are bounced- The young guns might legit be taking over - i suspect Jokic and Giannis will return to prominent positions with retooling BUT the 4 teams left are getting valuable experience and confidence- these guys will expect to get back here - and OKC and Orlando are like wait for us !

It’s a new day fellas!!!!

Over reaction yes or no
Ito
General Manager
And1: 827

Re: It’s a New NBA - yes or no 

Post#2 » by Ito » Mon May 20, 2024 2:28 pm

It’s been a new NBA since Bron went to the Lakers he would have still been coming out the East every year and the new NBA narrative would still be on hold
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,901

Post#3 » by rapstarter » Mon May 20, 2024 2:31 pm

I think Denver last year was closer to being part of this "New NBA" than the Old NBA led by the likes of LeBron, Curry and KD.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,544

Post#4 » by Rendei » Mon May 20, 2024 2:31 pm

This was the year that all the 30+ guys went "you think we can't play 65+ games? Watch this." I think they'll adjust next season.
Kiss of Death
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#5 » by Kiss of Death » Mon May 20, 2024 3:08 pm

New.

The sooner the likes of Curry/LeBron/Durant/Harden retire, the better.

The Superteam/TV ratings championships are gone for good.
MrGoat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,670

Post#6 » by MrGoat » Mon May 20, 2024 3:09 pm

rapstarter wrote:I think Denver last year was closer to being part of this "New NBA" than the Old NBA led by the likes of LeBron, Curry and KD.

Jokic and Giannis both turn 30 next season so they're kind of in an in between spot. I wouldn't consider them in the Steph, Curry, and KD group

Return to The General Board