Lamelo Ball Lawsuit

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,365

Re: Lamelo Ball Lawsuit 

Post#101 » by Calvin Klein » Thu May 23, 2024 12:32 am

I never ever understood why people care about this guy or his family.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,156

Post#102 » by axeman23 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:48 am

I mean, the guy obviously drives like an idiot at times. But nothing in that 2nd video adds a shred of creedence to the initial story, in my mind. Were there no cameras in the parking lot? Was the mum not filming this "special moment" of her son getting an autograph from an NBA player? People film much less significant things on their phones... :lol:
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,156

Post#103 » by axeman23 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:00 am

KembaWalker wrote:in case you were wondering why he doesn't stop at that light, this situation is literally why

his car gets swarmed by stupid kids

grossly and negligently drove his car forward when the light turned green :roll:

"The signal turned green, And Melo dangerously and without warning accelerated forward". Ummm, just spit-balling here, but if you were looking for a WARNING as to when a car at a red light might take off, it's the GREEN LIGHT! :lol: If you're in no-man's land during a cease-fire in a warzone and the flag of truce gets lowered, it's PROBABLY a good idea to get back to your trench! :dontknow:
Baz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,937

Post#104 » by Baz » Thu May 23, 2024 1:49 am

He's a stupid kid. While LaVar was trying to turn him into a baller he forgot to be a dad.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,071

Post#105 » by DusterBuster » Thu May 23, 2024 3:27 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:LaMelo is absolutely spoiled, the whole Ball family is. They're all self-entitled and act like no rules apply to them and have some major arrested development.

Charlotte should move LaMelo while he still has some value. Build around Miller.

For what?

I constantly hear this, if you’re going to say trade him then suggest a realistic one.

Not my job. He would be addition by subtraction.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 4,074

Post#106 » by EmpireFalls » Thu May 23, 2024 3:30 am

DusterBuster wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:LaMelo is absolutely spoiled, the whole Ball family is. They're all self-entitled and act like no rules apply to them and have some major arrested development.

Charlotte should move LaMelo while he still has some value. Build around Miller.

For what?

I constantly hear this, if you’re going to say trade him then suggest a realistic one.

You don’t know what you’re talking about at all then.

Stop making comments if you can’t back them up.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,901

Post#107 » by rapstarter » Thu May 23, 2024 3:34 am

I feel like Lonzo's cool. Hell, even Lavar looks like he's handling his irrelevancy well after his shtick ran its course.

LaMelo seems like trouble though.
doogie_hauser
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,981

Post#108 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 23, 2024 3:40 am

A Lamelo for Josh Giddey swap (with a couple of picks and matching contracts going either way) is intriguing.

Lamelo would be a much better fit alongside Shai and Chet than Giddey imo
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,071

Post#109 » by DusterBuster » Thu May 23, 2024 4:19 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:For what?

You don’t know what you’re talking about at all then.

Stop making comments if you can’t back them up.

30 years of basketball fandom has bore out that players like LaMelo are not worth the time for a franchise. He will be more of a liability and a distraction for the franchise on the roster than he would be away from it. Make the best deal you can, cut bait and move on. The Hornets have a real #1 guy on their roster on Miller.

But yeah, go ahead and ignore it like all of us old timers did over the years too, whatever.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,614

Post#110 » by MemphisX » Thu May 23, 2024 4:24 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Incident happened months ago. They are only suing because they couldn’t get information from Ball re:insurance

But are you suggesting the parents of a kid had their kid get his foot run over intentionally?

People have done more for less. Why would you have your 11-year-old running up to a moving car?

An autograph? Seems infinitely more likely than a plan to bilk an athlete out of money by pinning hopes on your child to getting his foot broken

Also a lawsuit doesn’t take months to get started. It happened, as stated in the article, because they couldn’t get his insurance info

Walk up to your car and put your foot under the wheel. See how close you are to it. Now imagine a parent letting their 11 year old get that close to a moving vehicle.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#111 » by foreigngrammar » Thu May 23, 2024 8:00 am

I‘d be milking that **** Like Crazy. One summer in a boot and he‘s Never gonna have to work again. That‘s Great parenting to me
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,447

Post#112 » by KyRo23 » Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 am

No one will have healthy lower body extremities around the Balls, and they will make sure of it!

Return to The General Board