Kidd/Luka Mavs are 0-5 in Game 1s, yet won 4 out of 5 of those series

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,405

Re: Kidd/Luka Mavs are 0-5 in Game 1s, yet won 4 out of 5 of those series 

Post#21 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Thu May 23, 2024 9:51 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Well this record ended tonight. Although hopefully it doesn't pan out as an reverse jinx lol

Was definitely one of the most impressive game 1 conference finals wins on the road i have seen in recent Years

I don't think the game is a big one or gives us a preview of how the series will end. For me, it looked like the Timberwolves were not prepared. They just came out of a war with the Nuggets. Ant was clearly exhausted, and I assume the rest of the team had not 100% recovered. It was super easy to get into the paint and there was little help defense there while having two shot-blockers. They also took a ton of 3-pointers which can be a sign of fatigue where you don't have the energy to attack.

I would not be surprised if the Mavs swept them and I won't be surprised if the Timerwolves take it in 5. Game 2 will tell a lot more about where both teams actually stand.
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 845

Post#22 » by UglyBugBall » Thu May 23, 2024 11:15 am

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:Well this record ended tonight. Although hopefully it doesn't pan out as an reverse jinx lol

Was definitely one of the most impressive game 1 conference finals wins on the road i have seen in recent Years

I don't think the game is a big one or gives us a preview of how the series will end. For me, it looked like the Timberwolves were not prepared. They just came out of a war with the Nuggets. Ant was clearly exhausted, and I assume the rest of the team had not 100% recovered. It was super easy to get into the paint and there was little help defense there while having two shot-blockers. They also took a ton of 3-pointers which can be a sign of fatigue where you don't have the energy to attack.

I would not be surprised if the Mavs swept them and I won't be surprised if the Timerwolves take it in 5. Game 2 will tell a lot more about where both teams actually stand.

Well, with there being one day between games, and how Ant looked by the end of this one, I don't think they're going to be any less exhausted for game 2.
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,405

Post#23 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:41 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:

Well, with there being one day between games, and how Ant looked by the end of this one, I don't think they're going to be any less exhausted for game 2.

Yes. They most likely need to put Conley on Kyrie to save Ant. So the difference will be a lot more blitzing and Conley on Kyrie I assume.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,264

Post#24 » by dhsilv2 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:47 pm

Edrees wrote:When Jason Kidd was lead assistant coach to the Lakers (and probably lead coach of the offense), Lakers also lost game 1 in their first 2 series and won those series 4-1. Maybe that has a lot to do with Jason Kidd if that's been a pattern with him

Terrible at film study, but brilliant when watching live? Or just doesn't watch film and figures it out on the fly? That's a weird thing.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#25 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 23, 2024 12:47 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
I meant to say that they are always the lower seed and the lower seed almost always loses the first game. I could not find the stat for the first game, but considering 81% of first-round matchups go to the team with homecourt it's not that surprising. This is interesting though, "But game 2's he's 5-2.". He seems to rarely have two bad games in a row.

Which is why it's amazing he's won 4 out of 5 of those series. Are you dense?

You act like I'm only saying he's 0-5 in Game 1s but not ending it with the fact that he wins the series.

Amazing the fact you point out he's 5-2 in Game 2s, when I already said that in this thread. And there's only one page so there's no excuse.

ChipotleWest wrote:In fact Luka is 1-6 in Game 1s in his career. But game 2's he's 5-2.

Maybe you should slow down and read and comprehend what's being said before reacting. That's a very bad trait. Seems you reacted to only the first half of the thread topic.

I'm blind in one eye, and have 70% eyesight on my left eye, so I do sometimes struggle to see everything, but I try to do my best. Sorry for wasting your time.

Well I apologize obviously there's no way I could have known that.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,264

Post#26 » by dhsilv2 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:52 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:

Would agree if ANT weren't still 22 years old. God I miss being 22. Feeling run down one day just to bounce back the next day out of nowhere.

Return to The General Board