Calvin Booth

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Re: Calvin Booth 

Post#21 » by ForeverTFC » Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:Here are my 2 cents on Booth. He become Nuggets GM last season.

2022-23 first move was KCP+Ish Smith/Monte Morris+Will Barton trade. Great one for Denver. Traded JaMychal Green and Nuggets 2027 first for 2022 first used to draft Peyton Watson + 2 seconds. Great move. Signed Bruce Brown as FA. Great signing. Drafted Christian Braun. Great move. Signed DeAndre Jordan??? Not good player but great for locker room. At the trade dedline brought Reggie Jackson and Thomas Bryant. Reggie was starter for Clippers at the start of last season, Bryant averaged 12.1/6.8/0.7 on 65.4/44.0/74.1. for Lakers. Neither could find role for Malone but moves were good. Got rid of Bones, one more good move. All in all A+ job.

2023-24 traded Nuggets 2029 pick for OKC 1st + 2 seconds. Great move. Used all 3 picks 29/32/37 to draft young players while Monte Morris and Delon Wright were traded for 2nd round picks. Drafted one PG, one SG, one F while we desperatly needed backup big and Trayce Jackson-Davis was 59th pick. Draft was not good. Lost Bruce Brown - Denver couldn't mach Pacers offer. Lost Jeff Green. Nobody in Denver think Uncle Jeff is worth 9,600,000 Huston payed him but could try to do sign and trade to create trade exception because Denver's biggest problem was we didn't have any big treadable player to use to improve bench. Resigned DeAndre Jordan. Bad move. Resigned Reggie Jackson. He couldn't crack rotation last year, so there was little chance he could be new Bruce. Resigned Nnaji to 4/32 deal. This is tricky one. This way created our only contract for future trades. If 4th year was team option it would be good for trade, but year 4 is player option for no reason and this way contract is baaaaad. To go into season excepting Nnaji will develope into solid backup big was OK. Problem was at trade dedline it was obvious Nnaji is not working, we were overusing Jokic and Booth did nothing. Boston got Tillman for 2nd, Biombo was avilable. Not world beaters but better than nothing. Denver did nothing. All in all F job.

How much of that first year is Booth vs Connelly? Connelly left May 28th. My understanding is teams will have their short list for the draft, FA, and potential trades mapped out well in advance of that move. Now Booth had to make the ultimate decisions and he was part of the staff to begin with, so he definitely gets some credit. But given how year 2 shook out, you have to wonder how much the year 1 success had Connelly's finger prints on it.
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,700

Post#22 » by CIN-C-STAR » Thu May 23, 2024 2:03 am

Texas Chuck wrote:He wasn't wrong about Bones and they couldn't afford to pay Brown.

This is just cheap piling on.

He didn't have to give that interview though.
Other than that I agree w you.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,759

Post#23 » by ChuckChilly » Thu May 23, 2024 3:25 am

amcoolio wrote:I thought this thread was gonna be about how weird he looks. He has one of the strangest faces in NBA history. I remember it from his playing days

He looks like one of the titans on the anime Attack on Titan.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,690

Post#24 » by dc » Thu May 23, 2024 6:05 am

ChuckChilly wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I thought this thread was gonna be about how weird he looks. He has one of the strangest faces in NBA history. I remember it from his playing days

He looks like one of the titans on the anime Attack on Titan.

His face (unmodified) is perfect for one of those 2-D pictures that chases you around a maze in any FPS.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,382

Post#25 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=XO0PgrZjS-uU8MmGKL8grQ

Please fire this guy. Jeez his head is so far up his ass
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 5,022

Post#26 » by Anticon » Thu May 23, 2024 11:55 pm

These comments were pretty ridiculous given how limited his role building the title team was. But it seemed like he had an outsized view of his own abilities.

He made some good moves at the margins but nothing that really impacted things dramatically. I expect if Denver disappoints next year he is gone.

Return to The General Board