Double Standard For Kobe

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#21 » by LakerFanMan » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:00 am

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
it's because he is FAKE. Everything about him seems to be too MJ like. His voice, skillset (nothing wrong with that), appearance, workout ethic (nothing wrong with that), ego, stature...

Again, this can be looked at both ways: good and bad.

And, to wrap it up...He is hated by millions, but also loved by millions.

How does being like MJ make him fake? I will never understand why so many people knock him for molding his game after the GOAT. What makes that a bad thing? If anything, it makes him smart.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#22 » by dingclancy » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:01 am

Lebron and Paul have their seasons

Weird as a Kobe fan, I am also a Deron fan....
kooldude
Lead Assistant
And1: 78

Post#23 » by kooldude » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:04 am

NOODLESTYLE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Just going on that topic...lol...how would you break down most liked? just in the U.S. or around the world? I think KG got the most votes for the All-star game, even over Yao Ming.

However, I think Kobe is very popular around the league too. How many other players can say they've gotten "MVP" chants from fans in different cities, especially a rival city like Boston. Not to mention when Kobe goes on tours like the Asia Tour, there are tons of fans.

I'm sure Kobe has alot of fans but his fans and haters ratio is pretty even; for each person that likes Kobe, there's one that hates him. (or just dislike) Like you said, KG and Yao's fans amount are probably much greater than their haters amount.

Just on this board and somewhat outside it, alot of Kobe haters are big Jordan fans. Which is kinda puzzling when Kobe is very similar to Jordan and even a casual fan notices that. Jordan also have said Kobe is the best player but many of his own fans, refuse to believe that. Maybe that's why there's hate there just because they don't want to fathom that another player can possibly be on the same level as their idol.

Then other haters probably don't like Kobe's personal life which in all fairness, has nothing to do with basketball and none of anyone's business besides Kobe's.

On this board, Kobe fans say outrageous things about their hero (many times in a jokingly manner) but the haters take it seriously all the time and try to downplay Kobe; it all cancels out in the end. :)
Warspite wrote:I still would take Mitch (Richmond) over just about any SG playing today. His peak is better than 2011 Kobe and with 90s rules hes better than Wade.

Jordan23Forever wrote:People are delusional.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,687

Post#24 » by andrewww » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:12 am

i personally am a big fan of both MJ and kobe.

alot of ppl hate on kobe because they cant stand having the possibility of someone being even mentioned in the same breath as MJ. i dont kno why, but thats how it is to many. as well, kobe if im not mistaken grew up in a relatively upper class family, so in many respects he doesnt fit the stereotypical mode of someone from the 'hood' so to speak.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#25 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:17 am

some points here..

-Kobe is BY FAR the most love/hate player in the NBA, maybe in sports..the majority of people either like him, or hate him from what I've seen..

-Kobe doesn't have a likable personality..he's been described as a loner for a reason..he's arrogant and egotistical..he SEEMS fake(not a fact obviously, but a lot of people agree that he seems that way)..he's also an alleged rapist, which turned some people against him..the media doesn't seem to like him..

-Kobe homers..they are probably the most annoying fans in the world..I don't mean Kobe FANS, I mean Kobe HOMERS..there are A LOT of them on the internet, and they are part of the reason IMO..they bring up a lot of unnecessary Kobe talk, which ends up sparking Kobe hatred..

-I've never heard a credible person say that Steve Nash is anywhere near Magic Johnson..who the **** said that?..

-LOL @ the "hate the best" argument..that doesn't apply here at all..it applied during the Lakers 3-peat, but it hasn't applied for years..Kobe's amassed more haters since than, so it has nothing to do with that..nobody hates you for "being the best" when you aren't winning..that only applies to teams and players that are always on top..the Spurs for instance..LA during their 3-peat..the Patriots..
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,504
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#26 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:20 am

I don't know what's worse, the blind kobe haters, or his groupies on here.

Everyone please shut up about Kobe for just a day or two!
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board