Montrezl Harrell..All Star?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Montrezl Harrell..All Star? 

Post#1 » by 12footrim » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:12 pm

This guy is FINALLY starting to push into the 27-32 minutes he deserves. If Doc will actually sit Gortat down and start himn and keep him in and he keeps playing like this how can he be kept out of the All Star game in a 30 minute role.

27.3 PER
11-5 team
34th in RPM

You can't IMO. If he gets real starter minutes he should be in All NBA discussion with a 27 PER and winning team. I don't think it's a fluke, he had a 25 PER last year in real minutes as well. I think the guy is just this good and at 24 years old he may only get better. One of the most underatted players in the NBA. For all the talking up some of these young players get for doing less than nothing this guy deserves it and a chance to play more.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Re: Montrezl Harrell..All Star? 

Post#2 » by Scalabrine » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Loved this guy coming out of college. His motor and skills were obviously there, it's crazy how guys like this continue to drop into the 2nd round.

Obviously he was picked with a 2nd rounder that the Knicks traded.
Go Knicks!
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Post#3 » by lambchop » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm

With the current standings the forwards in the West would be: Lebron, KD, AD, Gasol, Jokic as locks.
Then Harrell would be part of this group: Harrell, Harris, Gallinari, Adams, George, Nurkic. They all have valid cases.
Gobert and Aldrige wouldn't make it
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#4 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm

If the clips stay in the top 4 there is a chance. Harris or Gallonari could get the recognition but Harrell at this moment is playing like the best player.
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by 12footrim » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Loved this guy coming out of college. His motor and skills were obviously there, it's crazy how guys like this continue to drop into the 2nd round.

Obviously he was picked with a 2nd rounder that the Knicks traded.

The better question is after producing like he has the last two years how the hell is he not in the starting lineup 10 games ago. He may only be 6-8 playing center which is why he fell in the draft or doesn't get much respect but he has a great wingspan and standing reach is higher than AD's. That's more imporant than how high your head sits IMO anyway. He clearly plays big.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#6 » by Michael Jordan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 pm

He just checks in and plays with a crazy amount of energy, reminds me of a rich-mans Reggie Evans
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by 12footrim » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:He just checks in and plays with a crazy amount of energy, reminds me of a rich-mans Reggie Evans

The rotations are a detriment to his game as well because he comes off the bench and is playing these 30 minutes without the proper rest starters get and his high motor game is one that another rest could benefit.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,367

Post#8 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:He just checks in and plays with a crazy amount of energy, reminds me of a rich-mans Reggie Evans

A Wealthy man’s Kenneth Faried.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#9 » by Goudelock » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:

An affluent man's Tristan Thompson.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,567

Post#10 » by Harry Garris » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:35 pm

12footrim wrote:

The rotations are a detriment to his game as well because he comes off the bench and is playing these 30 minutes without the proper rest starters get and his high motor game is one that another rest could benefit.

How do starters get more rest than bench players?
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#11 » by Eskobar13 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
12footrim wrote:

If you enter the game with 42 minutes left and play 30 minutes from there, that means 12 minutes of rest plus halftime and other stoppages.

If you enter the game with 48 minutes left and play 30 minutes from there, that means 18 minutes of rest plus halftime and other stoppages.

I'm not saying there aren't flaws to this, but seems like pretty easy logic.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#12 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
12footrim wrote:

Harrell plays a bulk of his minutes all at once. Gortat starts after the half but when he goes to sit mid 3rd quarter Harrell comes in and plays until the finish.

When SGA was coming off the bench he was closing games with Lou, Luc , Boban or Harrell and one of Harris or Gallonari.

Strange as it is we use more of our bench to close game than anything. SGA starts but will come in to finish if he’s having a solid game and Harris or Gallo. Bradley, Beverly and Gortat will get spot minutes in the fourth if needed so that’s three starters resting to close games.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#13 » by MaxRider » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:45 pm

if Clippers is in the east
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,241

Post#14 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:45 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:

A prosperous man's Pops Mensah-Bonsu.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#15 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

It will balance out more with Boban back into his bench role.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,567

Post#16 » by Harry Garris » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Eskobar13 wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:
12footrim wrote:

If you enter the game with 42 minutes left and play 30 minutes from there, that means 12 minutes of rest plus halftime and other stoppages.

If you enter the game with 48 minutes left and play 30 minutes from there, that means 18 minutes of rest plus halftime and other stoppages.

Okay I see what you're saying I just don't know how relevant it is for a young athlete like Harrell. If he was 32 years old that would make sense, but he seems like he's in great shape and it hasn't been an issue so far.
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#17 » by Eskobar13 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:

Okay I see what you're saying I just don't know how relevant it is for a young athlete like Harrell. If he was 32 years old that would make sense, but he seems like he's in great shape and it hasn't been an issue so far.

After 50 games or so I could easily see it making a difference. Specially if you're not starting second halves and playing like 15/16 minutes anyway.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#18 » by RCM88x » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Clippers are tied for 1st in the West, so yes.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#19 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:03 pm

The tie should end pretty soon one way or another. Tonight against the Wizards and the next two games are against Memphis and Portland
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#20 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:

A prosperous man's Pops Mensah-Bonsu.

A Vince McMahon's Thomas Robinson