Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg

Moderators: Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy

Jayt99
Junior
Posts: 349
And1: 447
Joined: May 23, 2019
       

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#41 » by Jayt99 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:12 am

nzahir wrote:So 0 excuse for Kawhi right?

He has 2 guys averaging OVER 20 and another almost averaging 20.

Beyond Loaded

Once again, the opportunist has it as easy as it comes.

First title he is the 3rd or 4th option on offense and wins fmvp since the team had no dominant offensive scorer

And then he lucks into a finals with an injured GS.


Your extreme hate for Kawhi tells me you must be a LeBron fan
nzahir
Veteran
Posts: 2,920
And1: 1,189
Joined: Nov 04, 2017

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#42 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:20 am

Jayt99 wrote:
nzahir wrote:So 0 excuse for Kawhi right?

He has 2 guys averaging OVER 20 and another almost averaging 20.

Beyond Loaded

Once again, the opportunist has it as easy as it comes.

First title he is the 3rd or 4th option on offense and wins fmvp since the team had no dominant offensive scorer

And then he lucks into a finals with an injured GS.


Your extreme hate for Kawhi tells me you must be a LeBron fan

I actually like Kawhi

I dislike what some people on this board have done to his name, similar to those crazy Kobe fans
IgorK
Rookie
Posts: 1,155
And1: 1,788
Joined: Mar 06, 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:
     

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#43 » by IgorK » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:40 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
IgorK wrote:
Sure.

I think that "90ppg from 4 players who average 30mpg" note is dumb and carries no value.

Carry on.


I think it's even less impressive when the two best players have missed half, and a quarter of the games. The #3 and #4 guys are going to replace that scoring on those nights and have inflated averages from the extra shots available with the top two options out.
Yet that hasn't been the case in games all 4 played. Lou and Trez have had some of their highest scoring outputs recently with PG+Kawhi in the lineup. No matter how you spin it, their top 4 guys are scoring 7 ppg more than the last dominant year of the Warriors with their top 4 guys. It crushes. I still haven't found a recent team with more scoring from 4 guys, especially on 30 ish mpg.

PS look at the game logs for Lou and Trez when Kawhi or PG plays or not. Hint: it doesn't change much if at all. They still take a similar amount of shots.


The fact that you're comparing a 20 game sample size to a much larger (ie, telling) sample size is why this is a clown thread.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe
User avatar
ClipsFanSince98
RealGM
Posts: 15,538
And1: 14,302
Joined: Sep 19, 2015
 

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#44 » by ClipsFanSince98 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:02 pm

IgorK wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
I think it's even less impressive when the two best players have missed half, and a quarter of the games. The #3 and #4 guys are going to replace that scoring on those nights and have inflated averages from the extra shots available with the top two options out.
Yet that hasn't been the case in games all 4 played. Lou and Trez have had some of their highest scoring outputs recently with PG+Kawhi in the lineup. No matter how you spin it, their top 4 guys are scoring 7 ppg more than the last dominant year of the Warriors with their top 4 guys. It crushes. I still haven't found a recent team with more scoring from 4 guys, especially on 30 ish mpg.

PS look at the game logs for Lou and Trez when Kawhi or PG plays or not. Hint: it doesn't change much if at all. They still take a similar amount of shots.


The fact that you're comparing a 20 game sample size to a much larger (ie, telling) sample size is why this is a clown thread.


Yea, it's definitely not worthy of being next to threads like "Kawhi had to leave Toronto for fairness to other teams", "What is wrong with Lebron", "Reminder that the Bucks are much better than everyone else", "Why doesn't Giannis move the needle?", another "Lebron over MJ" thread etc. No way it can contend with the all time great material that floods the GB. For that I apologize good sir. I will try to bring better material for your entertainment.
We're both here in L.A. It just seemed like this was destined. We're supposed to play together."

-Paul George on Kawhi Leonard pairing
Spintown
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,627
And1: 2,022
Joined: Sep 09, 2012

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#45 » by Spintown » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:07 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
IgorK wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Yet that hasn't been the case in games all 4 played. Lou and Trez have had some of their highest scoring outputs recently with PG+Kawhi in the lineup. No matter how you spin it, their top 4 guys are scoring 7 ppg more than the last dominant year of the Warriors with their top 4 guys. It crushes. I still haven't found a recent team with more scoring from 4 guys, especially on 30 ish mpg.

PS look at the game logs for Lou and Trez when Kawhi or PG plays or not. Hint: it doesn't change much if at all. They still take a similar amount of shots.


The fact that you're comparing a 20 game sample size to a much larger (ie, telling) sample size is why this is a clown thread.


Yea, it's definitely not worthy of being next to threads like "Kawhi had to leave Toronto for fairness to other teams", "What is wrong with Lebron", "Reminder that the Bucks are much better than everyone else", "Why doesn't Giannis move the needle?", another "Lebron over MJ" thread etc. No way it can contend with the all time great material that floods the GB. For that I apologize good sir. I will try to bring better material for your entertainment.


I think you should keep all Clipper related stuff in the Clipper Forum.
User avatar
ClipsFanSince98
RealGM
Posts: 15,538
And1: 14,302
Joined: Sep 19, 2015
 

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#46 » by ClipsFanSince98 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:41 pm

Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
IgorK wrote:
The fact that you're comparing a 20 game sample size to a much larger (ie, telling) sample size is why this is a clown thread.


Yea, it's definitely not worthy of being next to threads like "Kawhi had to leave Toronto for fairness to other teams", "What is wrong with Lebron", "Reminder that the Bucks are much better than everyone else", "Why doesn't Giannis move the needle?", another "Lebron over MJ" thread etc. No way it can contend with the all time great material that floods the GB. For that I apologize good sir. I will try to bring better material for your entertainment.


I think you should keep all Clipper related stuff in the Clipper Forum.


No thanks. I'll continue to post my occasional Clippers threads right in between the 10 Lakers+Raptors threads. Thanks for coming in here to post that contribution though.
We're both here in L.A. It just seemed like this was destined. We're supposed to play together."

-Paul George on Kawhi Leonard pairing
Phiology
Freshman
Posts: 81
And1: 41
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#47 » by Phiology » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:13 pm

It's a great situation to be in, but if there is a negative, if one of the 'more subpar' players go down, the question remains if the team can fill out the scoring.

if any team would lose george or leonoard, it would be a big blow winning wise bc of their offense and defence, but lou would be a high scorer on many treadmill teams if being played amongst unfitting players and many posters already want more minutes for zubac in comparison to harrell.

Especially losing Lou would take much punch out of their second unit imo. Harrell I think could be contained by many bigs come playoff time and he mostly gets garbage/hustle points anyway. But Lou really can make a bad scoring second unit compete with other squads.

Who would fill it up? Zubac for Harrell -> Zou is not a scorer, but he might get his 10-15 based on putbacks etc alone
For Lous points its much harder. Shamet might play better in the future after a rough start, but he mainly is a three point shooter and cannot really generate on his own.

If all players remain healthy, its gonna be really hard to beat the clips, but if one of the top three go down, there might be problems.
User avatar
ClipsFanSince98
RealGM
Posts: 15,538
And1: 14,302
Joined: Sep 19, 2015
 

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#48 » by ClipsFanSince98 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:00 pm

Phiology wrote:It's a great situation to be in, but if there is a negative, if one of the 'more subpar' players go down, the question remains if the team can fill out the scoring.

if any team would lose george or leonoard, it would be a big blow winning wise bc of their offense and defence, but lou would be a high scorer on many treadmill teams if being played amongst unfitting players and many posters already want more minutes for zubac in comparison to harrell.

Especially losing Lou would take much punch out of their second unit imo. Harrell I think could be contained by many bigs come playoff time and he mostly gets garbage/hustle points anyway. But Lou really can make a bad scoring second unit compete with other squads.

Who would fill it up? Zubac for Harrell -> Zou is not a scorer, but he might get his 10-15 based on putbacks etc alone
For Lous points its much harder. Shamet might play better in the future after a rough start, but he mainly is a three point shooter and cannot really generate on his own.

If all players remain healthy, its gonna be really hard to beat the clips, but if one of the top three go down, there might be problems.


As you mentioned, it's tough for anyone to lose top players. PS.. Harrell went up against GS last year in the playoffs with Draymond guarding him a lot and put up 20 ppg on STUPID efficiency. He got exposed defensively (most did vs GS dynasty), but playoff physicality is actually playing to Trez's bully ball style of play. Lou is a lot more likely than Trez to get locked up in the playoffs.
We're both here in L.A. It just seemed like this was destined. We're supposed to play together."

-Paul George on Kawhi Leonard pairing
Dez
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,062
And1: 4,498
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#49 » by Dez » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:06 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Yea, it's definitely not worthy of being next to threads like "Kawhi had to leave Toronto for fairness to other teams", "What is wrong with Lebron", "Reminder that the Bucks are much better than everyone else", "Why doesn't Giannis move the needle?", another "Lebron over MJ" thread etc. No way it can contend with the all time great material that floods the GB. For that I apologize good sir. I will try to bring better material for your entertainment.


I think you should keep all Clipper related stuff in the Clipper Forum.


No thanks. I'll continue to post my occasional Clippers threads right in between the 10 Lakers+Raptors threads. Thanks for coming in here to post that contribution though.


Occasional? Hilarious.

Is the next thread going to be how long each Clipper spends on the toilet?
User avatar
ClipsFanSince98
RealGM
Posts: 15,538
And1: 14,302
Joined: Sep 19, 2015
 

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#50 » by ClipsFanSince98 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:10 pm

Dez wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
I think you should keep all Clipper related stuff in the Clipper Forum.


No thanks. I'll continue to post my occasional Clippers threads right in between the 10 Lakers+Raptors threads. Thanks for coming in here to post that contribution though.


Occasional? Hilarious.

Is the next thread going to be how long each Clipper spends on the toilet?


Go check my post history. You may be surprised. I've cut back a ton on Clippers threads in recent months. Half of my threads are about other teams. Nonetheless, you don't seem to have a legitimate argument here, not gonna feed the troll. Go find one of the 10 Lakers/Raptors threads on page 1 to derail if you're bored.
We're both here in L.A. It just seemed like this was destined. We're supposed to play together."

-Paul George on Kawhi Leonard pairing
LakersSoul
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,181
And1: 2,667
Joined: Jul 03, 2016

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#51 » by LakersSoul » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:11 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Pretty absurd production right now from Kawhi+PG+Lou+Trez. Offensively that's a legit "Big 4". You have three guys at 20+ ppg, one guy at 19 ppg and 3 of them are capable NBA closers late in games. They combine to average around 58% TS, with Kawhi being the lowest around 54.5 in his shooting slump, Harrell being the highest at 61+. The most impressive part is they are all low on minutes relative to every other star scorer pretty much.

I remember one concern early on was Lou Williams having diminished role and impact offensively, but 25% of the way into the season that just hasn't been the case so far. Lou has actually hit our biggest shots and stabilized the team when Kawhi is ice cold. The most promising aspect of this early season success is the team hasn't had a single practice yet with PG+Kawhi according to Doc. I'd imagine their chemistry and offensive feel will get better if anything.

Did you expect Lou+Trez to put up numbers like this despite adding two superstars?


I know you are excited about the Clippers but isn’t this a little too deceptive?

Team only played 20 games. Kawhi played half and George was injured and missed a good number of games.

"LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
User avatar
ClipsFanSince98
RealGM
Posts: 15,538
And1: 14,302
Joined: Sep 19, 2015
 

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#52 » by ClipsFanSince98 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:15 pm

LakersSoul wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Pretty absurd production right now from Kawhi+PG+Lou+Trez. Offensively that's a legit "Big 4". You have three guys at 20+ ppg, one guy at 19 ppg and 3 of them are capable NBA closers late in games. They combine to average around 58% TS, with Kawhi being the lowest around 54.5 in his shooting slump, Harrell being the highest at 61+. The most impressive part is they are all low on minutes relative to every other star scorer pretty much.

I remember one concern early on was Lou Williams having diminished role and impact offensively, but 25% of the way into the season that just hasn't been the case so far. Lou has actually hit our biggest shots and stabilized the team when Kawhi is ice cold. The most promising aspect of this early season success is the team hasn't had a single practice yet with PG+Kawhi according to Doc. I'd imagine their chemistry and offensive feel will get better if anything.

Did you expect Lou+Trez to put up numbers like this despite adding two superstars?


I know you are excited about the Clippers but isn’t this a little too deceptive?

Team only played 20 games. Kawhi played half and George was injured and missed a good number of games.


Not intentionally. I mean as Zimpy pointed out they combine for 81 ppg since they've been playing together. That's still historic. That's with PG being up and down and Kawhi's shot being crap. I wouldn't be surprised if they maintain low to mid 80's which would still top the dynasty Warriors in any season. As I said the Warriors peak scoring season had them score 83.3 between the 4 stars. In the last game they combined for 110 with all 4 playing big minutes. That was with Kawhi+PG at 29 and 26 minutes...
We're both here in L.A. It just seemed like this was destined. We're supposed to play together."

-Paul George on Kawhi Leonard pairing
Spintown
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,627
And1: 2,022
Joined: Sep 09, 2012

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg combined. 

Post#53 » by Spintown » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:55 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Dez wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
No thanks. I'll continue to post my occasional Clippers threads right in between the 10 Lakers+Raptors threads. Thanks for coming in here to post that contribution though.


Occasional? Hilarious.

Is the next thread going to be how long each Clipper spends on the toilet?


Go check my post history. You may be surprised. I've cut back a ton on Clippers threads in recent months. Half of my threads are about other teams. Nonetheless, you don't seem to have a legitimate argument here, not gonna feed the troll. Go find one of the 10 Lakers/Raptors threads on page 1 to derail if you're bored.


If this is you cutting back, then I don't even want to know how you would be in full fledged mode :lol:

You are right, the other half of your threads are about the Lakers. :lol:
Phiology
Freshman
Posts: 81
And1: 41
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Clippers are getting 90 ppg from 4 players who are averaging just 30 mpg 

Post#54 » by Phiology » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:56 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Phiology wrote:It's a great situation to be in, but if there is a negative, if one of the 'more subpar' players go down, the question remains if the team can fill out the scoring.

if any team would lose george or leonoard, it would be a big blow winning wise bc of their offense and defence, but lou would be a high scorer on many treadmill teams if being played amongst unfitting players and many posters already want more minutes for zubac in comparison to harrell.

Especially losing Lou would take much punch out of their second unit imo. Harrell I think could be contained by many bigs come playoff time and he mostly gets garbage/hustle points anyway. But Lou really can make a bad scoring second unit compete with other squads.

Who would fill it up? Zubac for Harrell -> Zou is not a scorer, but he might get his 10-15 based on putbacks etc alone
For Lous points its much harder. Shamet might play better in the future after a rough start, but he mainly is a three point shooter and cannot really generate on his own.

If all players remain healthy, its gonna be really hard to beat the clips, but if one of the top three go down, there might be problems.


As you mentioned, it's tough for anyone to lose top players. PS.. Harrell went up against GS last year in the playoffs with Draymond guarding him a lot and put up 20 ppg on STUPID efficiency. He got exposed defensively (most did vs GS dynasty), but playoff physicality is actually playing to Trez's bully ball style of play. Lou is a lot more likely than Trez to get locked up in the playoffs.


Considering Harrell: He owned Green, who imo is overrated and at his best as a team defender/guy who can defend the perimiter, but neither a great rebounder nor a center. If you look at current teams who will realistically play for the title:

- Bucks: Lopez brothers, both true centers and disruptive on the defensive end
- Raptors: Marc Gasol, great defender, true C
- 76ers: Embiid and Horford: big and both good-great defenders

- Lakers: Davis (if healthy :p) + McGee/Howard -> both true Centers with great length and good rebounding efficency
- Denver: Fat Jokic (might have a chance at least offensively)
- Rockets: Capella, well, matchup might be okay for Harrell tbh
- Jazz (if you want to count them): Gobert
- Mavs: Okay, they dont have anyone

I truly think by now that Lou cannot truly be locked up, he often just takes insanely difficult shots and can make or miss those. Really fascinating how he came along in the fall of his career as I think he only got better.

Return to The General Board