Survey of NBA execs: Top players under 25 to build around

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,904

Re: Survey of NBA execs: Top players under 25 to build around 

Post#181 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Brofessor24 wrote:
God Squad wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:IMO Trae should be ahead of Morant.

Bruh Trae can't even sniff 8th seed in the East. Morant would have brought the Grizz to the playoffs if it wasn't for the bubble.

Trae has a bad supporting cast.

There is only so much that one player can do.

That bad supporting cast includes Trae.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#182 » by Brofessor24 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
God Squad wrote:Bruh Trae can't even sniff 8th seed in the East. Morant would have brought the Grizz to the playoffs if it wasn't for the bubble.

Good one lol.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#183 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
God Squad wrote:Bruh Trae can't even sniff 8th seed in the East. Morant would have brought the Grizz to the playoffs if it wasn't for the bubble.

Hawks ORTG w/ Trae ON floor: 112.6
Hawks ORTG w/ Trae OFF floor: 98.5

So the Hawks go from having a top 5 ORTG pace when he’s on the floor to being historically bad when he’s off the floor.....cue “only because of tick tacky foul calls thanks to the refs!”
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#184 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I hadn't watched Murray a lot, but watching him in the playoffs, he seems like he should be higher. At times, he seems like he should be as high as #3.

He is shooting 47.7% on 3s in the playoffs. That's crazy because he shot 34.6% from 3 in the regular season.

I am curious how well Booker would shoot from 3 in the playoffs. It seems like he might play better when the games are bigger, but it's yet to be seen. I guess you could kind of call the bubble their playoffs, since they had to win all the games, but over half the games they played, the teams were missing all stars or resting starters, yet he still only shot 31.3% from 3.

That actually hurt Murray’a case, not help it. The regular season is much more indicative of shooting ability than the bubble playoffs.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#185 » by The_Hater » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:08 pm

preldzic wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:No Trae Young?

Not that I am a fan of Trae, but I thought the league has tried hard to make him a star. Him and Zion. And Zion is 7th only..

I’m not sure the league is pushing to market Trae as a star as much as not very many 20 year olds post 30/10 on sold efficiency.

I do recognize the limitations Trae has with his size and defense that do effect the ability to build around him, but I still think he needs to be ahead of a few of the names on the original list
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#186 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:12 pm

advent11 wrote:https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-execs-poll-luka-doncic-top-young-talent-zion-williamson/

1. Luka Doncic
2. Jayson Tatum
3. Devin Booker
4. Ja Morant
5. Donovan Mitchell
5. Bam Adabayo
7. Zion Williamson
8. Jamal Murray
9. Ben Simmons
9. Brandon Ingrahm
11. Jaylen Brown
11. De'Aaron Fox
13. KAT

Put bam over booker and JA. Bam is winning playoff games material booker is RS material . KAT over fox for sure .
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,540

Post#187 » by Kalela » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Zombiesonics wrote:I hope towns is watching the playoffs and specifically how hard jokic is playing on defense. If you were to imagine him out there in the conference semis or finals, one of these smart coaches would totally be exposing his poor defensive habits.

Is my memory failing or was Towns actually good at defense in college during his one year at Kentucky?
Fire Mazzulla
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#188 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I hadn't watched Murray a lot, but watching him in the playoffs, he seems like he should be higher. At times, he seems like he should be as high as #3.

He is shooting 47.7% on 3s in the playoffs. That's crazy because he shot 34.6% from 3 in the regular season.

I am curious how well Booker would shoot from 3 in the playoffs. It seems like he might play better when the games are bigger, but it's yet to be seen. I guess you could kind of call the bubble their playoffs, since they had to win all the games, but over half the games they played, the teams were missing all stars or resting starters, yet he still only shot 31.3% from 3.

That actually hurt Murray’a case, not help it. The regular season is much more indicative of shooting ability than the bubble playoffs.

Well, Booker was 35.4% from 3 in the regular season, so not much better.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Post#189 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 pm

Kalela wrote:
Zombiesonics wrote:I hope towns is watching the playoffs and specifically how hard jokic is playing on defense. If you were to imagine him out there in the conference semis or finals, one of these smart coaches would totally be exposing his poor defensive habits.

Is my memory failing or was Towns actually good at defense in college during his one year at Kentucky?

He was pretty solid on defense and was the reason why he went ahead of Okafor. I’m still shocked on how KAT is so bad on defense.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#190 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

Well, Booker was 35.4% from 3 in the regular season, so not much better.

My comment doesn't really have anything to do with Booker, more so my skepticism of Jamal Murray's playoff performance being an indicator of his superstardom.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,916

Post#191 » by mudsak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:51 pm

RodyTur10 wrote:My top 20 list (amazing how much talent there is):

1. Luka Doncic

2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Devin Booker
4. Jayson Tatum
5. Karl-Anthony Towns
6. Ja Morant
7. Bam Adabayo
8. Trae Young
9. Zion Williamson

10. Brandon Ingram
11. Jamal Murray
12. Deandre Ayton
13. De'Aaron Fox
14. Ben Simmons

15. Domantas Sabonis
16. Jaylen Brown
17. Tyler Herro
18. Kristaps Porzingis
19. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
20. De'Angelo Russell

Wow... your list surprises me. You're a Boston fan and you've got Mitchell ahead of Tatum on your list? As a Jazz fan I'm obviously high on Mitchell, but I'd take Tatum ahead of Mitchell myself. Both awesome players I just think Tatum's size/position probably give him the tools to have a bigger impact
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#192 » by wolfram » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:20 pm

User_friendly wrote:
reload141 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Not going to clutter things up by quoting that. Yes, he definitely has to show it over the course of a full season, but I’m a lot more optimistic about it than I was going into bubble play. He just looks like a different guy as a playmaker, good luck defending him going forward.

And I fully agree that Luka is clearly #1, he’s even younger than Tatum, which is insane. I just think there’s a bigger gap from 2 to 3 than there is from Luka to Tatum, like you said.

How can a 12yr old Luka Doncic be better than a 15yr old Tatum?

Because he played professional basketball in Europe 3 years before coming to NBA. That gave him a huge advantage over american HS kids like Tatum. He came more polished but that's all.

Actually it's the other way around. He played for the best team in Europe as a starter because he was so good at a young age. That doesn't happen, at all.
User_friendly
Pro Prospect
And1: 387

Post#193 » by User_friendly » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 pm

wolfram wrote:
User_friendly wrote:
reload141 wrote:
How can a 12yr old Luka Doncic be better than a 15yr old Tatum?

Because he played professional basketball in Europe 3 years before coming to NBA. That gave him a huge advantage over american HS kids like Tatum. He came more polished but that's all.

Actually it's the other way around. He played for the best team in Europe as a starter because he was so good at a young age. That doesn't happen, at all.

I'm starting to think maybe you didn't catch the irony about all the media narrative. :D
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,491

Post#194 » by Pelly24 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:36 pm

RB34 wrote:I honestly can’t see the infatuation with KAT, can someone please enlighten me?

He averaged 27 ppg/11 rebounds/4 assists on 64.5 TS% at 6'11." He's only 24 still. He won the skills challenge. He is as fast as a guard. In college he was known as a very good defender. In terms of theoretical, "What could this player become" stuff, he's as talented as anyone but maybe Luka, but even then that's close. He is an incredible talent who's maybe got some attitude problems and has been in a terribly run organization. But a 7-footer that makes three 3s a game and can pass and get 27 ppg and rebound and score at a rate of 62 TS% or above is historically unheard of. Put him with the Miami heat from the start of his career he's maybe a top 7 player right now. His talent is simply absurd.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#195 » by HeatIn5 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Herro 1?
Read on Twitter
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,383

Post#196 » by robbie84 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:21 am

One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#197 » by Floody100 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:29 am

robbie84 wrote:Kemba wasn't useless and Hayward had an impact.
Good signs.
Daniel Theis is one of the most under rated players in the NBA.

Wrong thread buddy.

Return to The General Board