Whose Basketball Opinion Do You Trust?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 4,997

Re: Whose Basketball Opinion Do You Trust? 

Post#61 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 22, 2022 7:58 am

jokeboy86 wrote:As far as overall basketball knowledge and history for me its Bob Ryan, Hubie Brown, and then Jackie McMullan. Talking heads its Tim Legler. Thats my list
Actually, now that you mention Legs, he slipped my mind. He does a solid job of talking X's and O's, I agree with that.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#62 » by svart » Sun May 22, 2022 8:28 am

WarriorGM wrote:Around here? Open the Curry is Exposed thread and then identify the handful of people who don't look like idiots after a year of its creation.

I did. You're not among them.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Re: Who’s Basketball Opinion Do You Trust? 

Post#63 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun May 22, 2022 8:52 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:Pharmcat.

I want to see pharmcat get like 5 right in a row and start developing a cult of worshippers/believers. You can do it, Pharmy!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
oaf54
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#64 » by oaf54 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:53 am

I don't know if trust is the right word, but I like hearing these folks opinions on basketball:

• Draymond Green - his podcast actually has great insights, even though I was slow to warm to him
  • Jalen Rose - he's objective and really understands the game, doesn't just talk about major market teams

On the other end of the spectrum, these are people I don't trust at all:

• Nick Wright - he's just trash, worth blocking and ignoring
  • Kendrick Perkins - dumb as rocks, usually disagree with almost all of his takes
BobbyPortisEyes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,803

Post#65 » by BobbyPortisEyes » Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 am

Tim Legler, Zach Lowe, Jeff Van Gundy, Hubie Brown and Jalen Rose. Chuck too when he's not talking about analytics or blatantly rooting for one team over the other.
hauntedcomputer wrote:Jokic is just a stranger dribbling a basketball. The humility bit could well be a carefully crafted business model for all we know. It's actually getting as tiresome as egotistical bloviating at this point. "Look at me, look how humble I am!!"
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#66 » by WarriorGM » Sun May 22, 2022 9:36 am

svart wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:Around here? Open the Curry is Exposed thread and then identify the handful of people who don't look like idiots after a year of its creation.

I did. You're not among them.

If only you expressed as much confidence in your team as in your judgment of me. Alas I take it you did not.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#67 » by Pachinko_ » Sun May 22, 2022 9:37 am

I'm not sure what you expect anyone to tell you... basketball is extremely unpredictable by nature because players are unpredictable, I mean even if someone knew about those blowouts and told you you'd think he's an idiot anyway.

I trust anyone who can explain his opinion in a way that makes sense. In my experience players are usually the worst, not only they have all their politics and friends to protect and teams to still get money from, but I find they often tend to be impressed by players who can do the things they couldn't do, or hate others who got paid more or got drafted higher. Amazing how many years later they still remember.

Return to The General Board