Western Conference Finals | (4) Dallas Mavericks VS. (3) Golden State Warriors (GSW 3-1)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who wins?

Warriors in 4
28%
Warriors in 5
37%
Warriors in 6
13%
Warriors in 7
3%
Mavericks in 6
6%
Mavericks in 7
13%

Total votes: 115

timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Re: Western Conference Finals | (4) Dallas Mavericks VS. (3) Golden State Warriors (GSW 2-0) 

Post#1321 » by timO » Mon May 23, 2022 6:42 am

Suns got embarrased, gsw handle mavs like puppies
multo
Rookie
And1: 447

Re: Western Conference Finals | (4) Dallas Mavericks VS. (3) Golden State Warriors (GSW 2-0) 

Post#1322 » by multo » Mon May 23, 2022 6:44 am

timO wrote:Suns got embarrased, gsw handle mavs like puppies

CP3 with his annual choke / injury every playoffs.
shoresy69
Sophomore
And1: 191

Post#1323 » by shoresy69 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:56 am

Mavs fans didn’t want to hear it before the series started but the Warriors are an awful matchup for them. Mavs move too slow on offense and defense.

Memphis gave GS trouble because they were supremely athletic. They fought over screens, could cover ground quickly after helping, hunted passing lanes, protected the rim, forced turnovers, and got out on the fast break. Dallas does none of that.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,248

Post#1324 » by MrGoat » Mon May 23, 2022 7:12 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:When Luka scores 40+, it's usually because the role players can't hit their shots and he feels he has to take over. I don't think it's the other way around. I am reasonably sure that if he would have distributed more, it's a blowout, because other than Brunson, nobody was hitting their shots.

If anything it's actually backfired in this series when Luka makes an extra effort to get his teammates more involved. Game 2 he had 24 at the half and it the third quarter he tried to feed his teammates and they gave him nothing and they had a third quarter collapse. Would've been better off trying to go for 50+. Same for this game. Luka had only 19 through the first three quarters but everybody else but Brunson and Dinwiddie were ice cold so Luka went into scoring mode in the 4th and they even cut the lead to 5 to make it more uncomfortable than it should have been for the Warriors. May have been better off had Luka started scoring earlier and tried to go for 50+

Too late now that they're in that 3-0 hole
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,175

Post#1325 » by Impuniti » Mon May 23, 2022 7:26 am

Miami_Lux wrote:
spanishninja wrote:man, if Wiggins keeps this up, just imagine the discussions. Going from the worse all-star starter in recent years to potential finals MVP (maybe by locking up Tatum or Butler)?

Man people really to get out of their way to throw shade at Curry :lol:

Can't blame the guy, he just watched his team have the the biggest blowout game 7 we've ever seen in an NBA playoff games.. since the inception of the sport? Got to give him some slack from the PTSD. The team that emasculated his franchise to the level where their management follows through with an apology letter is getting beaten 3-0 1 week later.

It's tough out there.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1326 » by Coxy » Mon May 23, 2022 7:40 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
KenoP13 wrote:I don't get the hype about the Wiggins dunk.. He had a wide open lane. Last second pushed off Luka with his arm.. Who was clearly trailing. What's so special? No defenders in his way and delivered a generic dunk.

Tell me you've never dunked without telling me you've never dunked.

:lol: Yup.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#1327 » by SunsLyf3 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 am

Impuniti wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:
spanishninja wrote:man, if Wiggins keeps this up, just imagine the discussions. Going from the worse all-star starter in recent years to potential finals MVP (maybe by locking up Tatum or Butler)?

Can't blame the guy, he just watched his team have the the biggest blowout game 7 we've ever seen in an NBA playoff games.. since the inception of the sport? Got to give him some slack from the PTSD. The team that emasculated his franchise to the level where their management follows through with an apology letter is getting beaten 3-0 1 week later.

It's tough out there.

To be fair, and I'm going to catch heat for this, the 3-0 Warriors lead speaks more about how bad of a series CP3(suns im general) had as opposed to how good the Mavs really are. Don't get me wrong the Suns took a beating and got outplayed but it shows what should have happened had CP3 not pull the worst choke job of his career. Injuries are not an excuse.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,955

Post#1328 » by garrick » Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am

SunsLyf3 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:

It's tough out there.

To be fair, and I'm going to catch heat for this, the 3-0 Warriors lead speaks more about how bad of a series CP3(suns im general) had as opposed to how good the Mavs really are. Don't get me wrong the Suns took a beating and got outplayed but it shows what should jave happenes had CP3 not pull the worst choke job of his career. Injuries are not an excuse.

How can you say injuries are not an excuse? It's more like if you're fully healthy and lose you don't have any excuses.

We blew Dallas out in two games and beat them by 9 in one game so it's not like we weren't competitive just that games 6 and 7 we couldn't get over CP3 being less than 100 percent.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#1329 » by SunsLyf3 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:21 am

garrick wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Can't blame the guy, he just watched his team have the the biggest blowout game 7 we've ever seen in an NBA playoff games.. since the inception of the sport? Got to give him some slack from the PTSD. The team that emasculated his franchise to the level where their management follows through with an apology letter is getting beaten 3-0 1 week later.

It's tough out there.

To be fair, and I'm going to catch heat for this, the 3-0 Warriors lead speaks more about how bad of a series CP3(suns im general) had as opposed to how good the Mavs really are. Don't get me wrong the Suns took a beating and got outplayed but it shows what should jave happenes had CP3 not pull the worst choke job of his career. Injuries are not an excuse.

How can you say injuries are not an excuse? It's more like if you're fully healthy and lose you don't have any excuses.

We blew Dallas out in two games and beat them by 9 in one game so it's not like we weren't competitive just that games 6 and 7 we couldn't get over CP3 being less than 100 percent.

And water is wet. Same story as before.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,828

Post#1330 » by TeamTragic » Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am

Did I just wander into a SUNS thread?

I know Luka fans are not happy :lol:
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#1331 » by michaelm » Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 am

garrick wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Can't blame the guy, he just watched his team have the the biggest blowout game 7 we've ever seen in an NBA playoff games.. since the inception of the sport? Got to give him some slack from the PTSD. The team that emasculated his franchise to the level where their management follows through with an apology letter is getting beaten 3-0 1 week later.

It's tough out there.

If you have CP3 on your team at any age let alone at age 37 history indicates he will not last through the play-offs uninjured.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,193

Post#1332 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 am

Luka will be fine. He’s 23 and as usual all great players have to fail to succeed in the future. He took another step this year getting to the conference finals.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#1333 » by watch1958 » Mon May 23, 2022 9:09 am

a8bil wrote:
10DayContract wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe Rick Barry is Luka's real player comp.
Which is no slight. Barry was a god on court.
Barry Played defense.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,615

Post#1334 » by oldshoolballer » Mon May 23, 2022 9:52 am

I think a lot of people are making this harder than it is. The Warriors are a better team. It's that simple. The Mavs are decent but they need to improve their roster to be a championship team.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#1335 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon May 23, 2022 10:10 am

oldshoolballer wrote:I think a lot of people are making this harder than it is. The Warriors are a better team. It's that simple. The Mavs are decent but they need to improve their roster to be a championship team.

Also, while it's 3-0, based on shot quality probability, the Mavs should have/could have won all three games. I understand if this might sound funny, but that's actually not a bad predictor of win probability, and we also kind of see this watching these games. The Mavs miss tons of quality looks, this series isn't really a total domination in terms of the games, only in result so far, which, granted, isn't nothing. :lol: But still, you catch my drift.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#1336 » by michaelm » Mon May 23, 2022 10:15 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
oldshoolballer wrote:I think a lot of people are making this harder than it is. The Warriors are a better team. It's that simple. The Mavs are decent but they need to improve their roster to be a championship team.

Also, while it's 3-0, based on shot quality probability, the Mavs should have/could have won all three games. I understand if this might sound funny, but that's actually not a bad predictor of win probability, and we also kind of see this watching these games. The Mavs miss tons of quality looks, this series isn't really a total domination in terms of the games, only in result so far, which, granted, isn't nothing. :lol: But still, you catch my drift.

So being better at making baskets doesn’t make a team better ?. The whole GSW game plan is to get the best shot, not just a quality shot, in any case unless one of the shooters is really feeling it.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#1337 » by svart » Mon May 23, 2022 10:31 am

garrick wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:

It's tough out there.

CP3 is never 100% when he plays like sheet :lol:
This secret injury story is bullcrap.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#1338 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 am

michaelm wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:

So being better at making baskets doesn’t make a team better ?. The whole GSW game plan is to get the best shot, not just a quality shot, in any case unless one of the shooters is really feeling it.

Shot quality evaluates not just the Mavs' shots, but also the Warriors'. Not saying btw that it's a perfect measurement, it might be flawed, I don't know, but I know that the Mavs have missed a lot of shots that they have made in the previous rounds. There is some variance to this, I'm sure you agree with this part at least, that shots sometimes get missed, regardless of how good of a look they are, and there is some luck involved (also not saying the Warriors are not deserving the lead, obviously they are).
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#1339 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 am

Where are the Mavs fans who told me this series will be close? Like I said this is 2015 all over again when Chris Paul choked his chance at a western conference finals and we saw a totally inferior team fighting the Warriors.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,248

Post#1340 » by MrGoat » Mon May 23, 2022 10:43 am

After watching all of those wide open misses from deep I'd just like to remind everyone that we traded Seth Curry for Josh Richardson

Return to The General Board