Hey OKC can I get a refund on SGA for PG?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,447

Re: Hey OKC can I get a refund on SGA for PG? 

Post#101 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Must be nice. Meanwhile only thing Charlotte has to look forward to is Devonte Graham in the 3 point contest.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 30,577

Post#102 » by og15 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:36 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:Could you imagine how great of a situation the Clippers would be in if instead they had Shai, Galli and 5 first rounders and also secured Kawhi?

I mean, there's no question with those assets they could have built a much better team around Kawhi.

What's the point of us imagining something that wasn't going to happen though?
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,478

Post#103 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 pm

og15 wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:Could you imagine how great of a situation the Clippers would be in if instead they had Shai, Galli and 5 first rounders and also secured Kawhi?

I mean, there's no question with those assets they could have built a much better team around Kawhi.

How do you know it wouldn't? Kawhi wasn't going to the raptors, despite some fake trade rumours that I'm not sure we'd have gone through with, and I'm not sure he wanted to join Lebron/AD as a third wheel superteam player either.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,990

Post#104 » by tundraknight » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:49 pm

How awesome would it be to see the Thunder become a Cinderella team that upsets the mighty Clippers in the 1st round?

No the offense to the Clippers, but I just don’t like Paul George after how salty he was when the Blazers Damion Lillard drained the series winning 3-Pointer in Paul George’s face. And afterwards Paul George called it a “bad shot”. Talk about being salty..

Id love to see the look of disbelief on his face if the Thunder were able to upset them.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,669

Post#105 » by boomershadow » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:30 am

I think a team with PG and CP3 might be pretty good.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#106 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:40 am

He was referring on Refs “home cooking” after their loss vs 76ers, instead of apologizing to Clips fans after his awful performance.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 9,292

Post#107 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:53 am

Gallo + Picks gets you a Superstar??? Why didn't OKC do that then at this trade deadline?? They were trying to move Gallo themselves

In Raptor Ball I Trust
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#108 » by og15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
og15 wrote:

How do you know it wouldn't? Kawhi wasn't going to the raptors, despite some fake trade rumours that I'm not sure we'd have gone through with, and I'm not sure he wanted to join Lebron/AD as a third wheel superteam player either.

As far as I know, and I can only go based on that, he was not joining the Clippers without George, what he would have done instead, I have no clue. You might be right that he could have been bluffing though, I don't know.
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,772

Post#109 » by Adam Stern » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:43 am

tundraknight wrote:How awesome would it be to see the Thunder become a Cinderella team that upsets the mighty Clippers in the 1st round?

No the offense to the Clippers, but I just don’t like Paul George after how salty he was when the Blazers Damion Lillard drained the series winning 3-Pointer in Paul George’s face. And afterwards Paul George called it a “bad shot”. Talk about being salty..

Id love to see the look of disbelief on his face if the Thunder were able to upset them.

Yeah it was a bad shot.
Dame is just a bad shot maker. That's part of what makes him exceptional.
That said, I'd love to see OKC upset LA too just for the chaos that would ensue.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#110 » by og15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 am

Adam Stern wrote:
tundraknight wrote:How awesome would it be to see the Thunder become a Cinderella team that upsets the mighty Clippers in the 1st round?

Yeah it was a bad shot.
That said, I'd love to see OKC upset LA too just for the chaos that would ensue.

Bad shots are certainly relative. For example, isolation step back three's are bad shots for a lot of players, but that's Harden's go to shot.
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,772

Post#111 » by Adam Stern » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:31 am

og15 wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:

Yeah it was a bad shot.

Bad shots are certainly relative. For example, isolation step back three's are bad shots for a lot of players, but that's Harden's go to shot.

Very true.
But guys like Harden, and Dame, and Steph are exceptions to the rule. Those guys are unique bad shot makers.
I was speaking in general just like I think PG was when he made his comment.
If a shot is a bad shot for 99% of the league then I think it's fair to call it a bad shot in general.
Look at it like this, in a league of over 400 players how many of them would you be okay with regularly taking that shot Dame hit?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#112 » by og15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:37 am

Adam Stern wrote:
og15 wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:
Yeah it was a bad shot.

Very true.
But guys like Harden, and Dame, and Steph are exceptions to the rule. Those guys are unique bad shot makers.
I was speaking in general just like I think PG was when he made his comment.
If a shot is a bad shot for 99% of the league then I think it's fair to call it a bad shot in general.
Look at it like this, in a league of over 400 players how many of them would you be okay with regularly taking that shot Dame hit?

Yea, but it WAS Lillard who took it, and George knew that, he was just salty and mad because it went in and was such a big shot IMO :lol:
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#113 » by syntax » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:22 am

There's a reason PG didn't end up on the Lakers and resigned with OKC for the max. He's wasn't wanted by LAL and isn't a max player... but luck was on OKC's side here.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,066

Post#114 » by JN61 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:15 am

og15 wrote:
JN61 wrote:Westbrook's positive impact on George (and few other players) is severely underestimated.

That said, no!

George is not playing worse than last season despite what random hot takes might make you think. He's playing 7 fewer mpg and his stats reflect it. He's also had the factor of coming back from injury.

Scoring rate is essentially the same, assist rate is up along with turnovers and efficiency is exactly the same.

Here's the per 100 possessions comparison:

18-19:
35.5 pts, 10.3 rebs, 5.2 ast, 3.4 tpg, 58.3 TS%

19-20:
35.0 pts, 9.8 rebs, 6.3 ast, 4.8 tpg, 58.1 TS%

New team, getting back from injury, given an increased playmaking role, and the Clippers like everyone has been hailing about have no real PG, or enough playmaking, but George is putting up basically the same volume of scoring at the same efficiency.

I've said it to my fellow Clippers fans, but I think there was a misconception by Clippers fans about the level of player that he is. He's very good, but he's not at that top, top level which I think people were associating him as.

You underestimate how much harder it's to produce relatively, more you play. You also miss the point of George being injured post all-star break, where his overall numbers crashed down heavily. I don't look at numbers but level of play. He is clearly not close to his last year MVP burst.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,066

Post#115 » by JN61 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:21 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:Gallo + Picks gets you a Superstar??? Why didn't OKC do that then at this trade deadline?? They were trying to move Gallo themselves

OKCs serious rebuilding haven't really started. Selling picks now makes no sense when you don't know what Clippers are in 3-4 years. Should wait with picks, OKC eventually drops to lottery to draft high with own picks, combined with other teams picks which can be used in trade or for good drafting. They aren't in hurry, they have good 2-3 years of rebuilding ahead of them before need of serious competing.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 6,197

Post#116 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Gallo + Picks gets you a Superstar??? Why didn't OKC do that then at this trade deadline?? They were trying to move Gallo themselves

I think they were willing to move Gallo for the right package but lets not forget the OKC are in playoff contention and playoff money makes a big difference to a small market team as well as future attendance.

Really the main reason why he wasn't moved was because Miami and Philly wanted to resign him to a new deal and he wanted to test the market. Reportedly Miami and OKC had already agreed to a trade but he didn't want to sign an extension

They could also potentially S+T Gallo in the offseason or resign him even in the worst case scenario happens and Gallo leaves for nothing in the offseason (possible but not the most likely scenario) they still easily won the trade SGA is cheaper and more valuable then PG at this point plus they get to keep the picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,601

Post#117 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:51 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:

I think they were willing to move Gallo for the right package but lets not forget the OKC are in playoff contention and playoff money makes a big difference to a small market team as well as future attendance.

Really the main reason why he wasn't moved was because Miami and Philly wanted to resign him to a new deal and he wanted to test the market. Reportedly Miami and OKC had already agreed to a trade but he didn't want to sign an extension

They could also potentially S+T Gallo in the offseason or resign him even in the worst case scenario happens and Gallo leaves for nothing in the offseason (possible but not the most likely scenario) they still easily won the trade SGA is cheaper and more valuable then PG at this point plus they get to keep the picks.

Yep. Okc was willing. Gallo wasn’t comfortable with what was being offered and Miami didn’t want him if he wasn’t willing to give them the deal he wanted.

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#118 » by Forte IV » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:16 pm

To be fair, those kind of shots are always a bad shot if the player misses. I saw where he was coming from. Obviously Dame made it and here we are.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,636

Post#119 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:I've seen enough with about 20 games from PG. I gotta say every PG dud game in a big game we need to make a statement has me missing SGA. I have made like two threads on this topic, and by season end it may be at 10. SGA has cooled a bit but he's still a 21 year old putting up 20/6/3/1+ steal in his second year. OKC would you consider a refund?

Paul George sadly has a problem with getting locked up and going passive. I just don't see him magically flipping a switch this season. This will haunt the Clippers for many years. Even if they get carried to a title by Kawhi, if PG keeps being soft... I guarantee they will look back and wonder "Man, imagine if we had SGA+all those picks and could of formed a dynasty?"

Any refunds?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Hoop Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,759

Post#120 » by Hoop Hunter » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am

If the Clips called OKC and offered PG13 and Kawhi for SGA, I'd hope it would just be a CLICK.

Return to The General Board