Rookie Discussion [19/20] [part I]

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who are your top 3 bets for ROTY if Zion sits out season? (RESET)

Brandon Clarke
7%
PJ Washington
3%
Kendrick Nunn
17%
Ja Morant
40%
Darius Garland
1%
Coby White
3%
Rui Hachimura
3%
RJ Barrett
10%
De’Andre Hunter
2%
Tyler Herro
15%

Total votes: 405

Crizzle
Rookie
And1: 1,004

Re: Rookie Discussion [19/20] [part I] 

Post#1061 » by Crizzle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 pm

defenses are starting to plan for morant. Another bad game, but man how about that Brandon Clarke!?!? Shooting 41% from 3 so far this year. Color me impressed. The kid has IT
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Post#1062 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Crizzle wrote:defenses are starting to plan for morant. Another bad game, but man how about that Brandon Clarke!?!? Shooting 41% from 3 so far this year. Color me impressed. The kid has IT

Ya Im starting to think Clarke ends up the best player in this draft not named Zion. He basically is Shawn Marion 2.0. I dont think Clarke ever becomes a 20ppg guy like Marion because I think Marion fell into the perfect offensive situation in playing with Steve Nash in the 7 seconds or less Suns.

But I can see him being a 17-18ppg with 8-10 boards guy that can be plugged in into any offense and play damn good defense. I dont know how anyone can watch that guy and not be a fan.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1063 » by E-Balla » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Brandon Clarke was so obviously going to be great. Regardless of what his ceiling is he falls into the Montrezl category of already having been a good enough for the NBA while he was still in college. Obvious post draft steal, I mean next to Zion, Beasley, and AD he had the highest PER in NCAA history IIRC.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,595

Post#1064 » by MemphisX » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 pm

E-Balla wrote:Brandon Clarke was so obviously going to be great. Regardless of what his ceiling is he falls into the Montrezl category of already having been a good enough for the NBA while he was still in college. Obvious post draft steal, I mean next to Zion, Beasley, and AD he had the highest PER in NCAA history IIRC.

Really took me awhile to get out of my own head on him especially after the combine. I mean he has some limitations due to his length but he is just so damn good at everything he can do right now that it is not funny. Might have been the best player on the team through the first 10 games as he has been more consistent than Ja and Jaren.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1065 » by E-Balla » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm

MemphisX wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Brandon Clarke was so obviously going to be great. Regardless of what his ceiling is he falls into the Montrezl category of already having been a good enough for the NBA while he was still in college. Obvious post draft steal, I mean next to Zion, Beasley, and AD he had the highest PER in NCAA history IIRC.

Really took me awhile to get out of my own head on him especially after the combine. I mean he has some limitations due to his length but he is just so damn good at everything he can do right now that it is not funny. Might have been the best player on the team through the first 10 games as he has been more consistent than Ja and Jaren.

I mean his potential was and is always in question but the league is so small now there was no way he wouldn't have been effective out the gate or after minor adjustments. It's odd, rarely are bigs that NBA ready and bust. Gs, all the time, but bigs not so much.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1066 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Crizzle wrote:defenses are starting to plan for morant. Another bad game, but man how about that Brandon Clarke!?!? Shooting 41% from 3 so far this year. Color me impressed. The kid has IT

Ya Im starting to think Clarke ends up the best player in this draft not named Zion. He basically is Shawn Marion 2.0. I dont think Clarke ever becomes a 20ppg guy like Marion because I think Marion fell into the perfect offensive situation in playing with Steve Nash in the 7 seconds or less Suns.

But I can see him being a 17-18ppg with 8-10 boards guy that can be plugged in into any offense and play damn good defense. I dont know how anyone can watch that guy and not be a fan.

Most teams haven't even played 10 games yet. I think last year's draft class is impacting your judgement.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1067 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm

E-Balla wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

I mean his potential was and is always in question but the league is so small now there was no way he wouldn't have been effective out the gate or after minor adjustments. It's odd, rarely are bigs that NBA ready and bust. Gs, all the time, but bigs not so much.

Bigs are usually more NBA ready than guards and forwards.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Post#1068 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Most teams haven't even played 10 games yet. I think last year's draft class is impacting your judgement.

Ive been saying this about this class for quite sometime, this isn't a judgement on just the 8-10 games theyve played. Didnt like this class outside of Zion way before the draft happened, nothing so far in 10 games have made me question that thought.
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#1069 » by MemphisX » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:15 pm

E-Balla wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

But he is shooting 42% from 3. Even his most ardent supporters couldn't have seen him progressing this quickly with his shooting.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
BAMAFREAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,371

Post#1070 » by BAMAFREAK » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm

MemphisX wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

But he is shooting 42% from 3. Even his most ardent supporters couldn't have seen him progressing this quickly with his shooting.

Exactly. And they are pretty much all catch and shoot but it’s not like there’s no one remotely close when he releases. He’s shooting in the face of some pretty hard close outs. Much quicker trigger than I expected. Not to mention an even quicker trigger on that mid range floater.
He’s one of the most instinctual defenders I’ve ever seen as well. He makes paint defense look effortless. However, he can be scored on in the post due to his length but it won’t be a give me from him biting on a pump.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1071 » by E-Balla » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 pm

MemphisX wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

It's not a large part of his game really and he's 5/12. I mean that's great but hardly emblematic of anything. Same with his FT shooting. Still it's better to see him making them than missing them.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#1072 » by Fat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:45 am

Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#1073 » by Fat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:45 am

drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1074 » by drosereturn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:24 am

Most days, Coby is a G league player. Every once in a while, he performs like a MVP. This guy so polarizing.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#1075 » by frothbrain » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:15 am

he's a good 3 pt shooter. he'll be in the league for a long time.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#1076 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 am

Showtime23 wrote:Most days, Coby is a G league player. Every once in a while, he performs like a MVP. This guy so polarizing.

He is only polarizing for people too dense to understand that he is 19 year old rookie that just played his 11th game. And for people that will have it out for him because they didn't like the pick in the first place. You fit both descriptions. :roll:
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1077 » by Buzzard » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:56 pm

DeAndre once again played a solid defensive game against the Nuggets last night and had a decent all around game with 12,6, and a block. His three ball dropped and hopefully he is on a upswing. Over his last four games he is shooting .375 from three and he needs to keep that up. Especially with Collins out and now Huerter may miss a few more games as well.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#1078 » by MemphisX » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,298

Post#1079 » by Dacost » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:22 am

23 and 11ast for Ja.

Plus the the game winner.
BAMAFREAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,371

Post#1080 » by BAMAFREAK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:04 am

Dacost wrote:23 and 11ast for Ja.

Plus the the game winner.

That boy is bad. Off the charts quickness, agility, handle, and finishing ability.

Return to The General Board