2024 Play-In Tournament (West): #7 New Orleans Pelicans vs #8 Los Angeles Lakers

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins and enters the playoffs as the 7 seed?

Pelicans
34%
Lakers
66%

Total votes: 181

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,478

Re: 2024 Play-In Tournament (West): #7 New Orleans Pelicans vs #8 Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#1061 » by Slava » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:if Dlo didn't hit that clutch 3, Lakers would have folded

You mean a wide open corner three for a dude shooting 40+% from 3 generated by a drive and kick play is rot luck?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,635

Re: 2024 Play-In Tournament (West): #7 New Orleans Pelicans vs #8 Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#1062 » by Mrakar » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:44 am

Mrakar wrote:
4. Naji Marshall/Jose Alvarado fire - we need those 2 guys to set the fire under their teammates. Yes Naji was injured, but they need him for couple of minutes this game. This guy wants all the smoke and unlike Alvarado, he at least has the size to do something. Pels starting lineup is awful whole year because its consisted of guys that are too quiet. We need Marshall first of the bench, not Daniels, Marshall!

This was from Lakers thread other day, and there is also multiple instances where I or someone else who regularly watches Pelicans said that Valanciunas has to play tonight since he likes this matchup.

Finally after i don't know how many games, i can say Willie Green had good rotations tonight. Not playing Daniels was a right call, and for example playing him in OKC series will be a right call. Good coaches have to realize that and not stick to the pattern. Marshall didn't had a spectacular game, but he was still +17 and together with Alvarado sparked 2 big runs in this game.
Valanciunas had awfull night around the rim, and still had a good game, rebounding that ball and playing bully-ball.
Those 3 were the key tonight.

Ingram's stats were OK but i didn't like his play tonight. Turnovers, didnt get to his spot(closer 2), took a lot ill-advised shots.
CJ was awfull, but at least he didnt force it. Even after so many years i am surprised how can someone shrink so badly in big games.

This finishes complete beatdown of the Kings this season. Pels couldn't be luckier with the draw. And this is a first home win for the Pelicans in how many games 7? 8?

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:Strangely feel like NOP could be this years Miami coming from the Play in, play hard...chance to upset a very young OKC team. We'll see not saying it will happen but also wouldn't be that surprised.

Heat have Spoelstra as a coach we have Willie Green. Spo gets maximum of every single player on the team, even the 15th guy. Willie can't even get maximum from his stars.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:

Return to The General Board