2021-22 NBA MVP Discussion (Pt. 1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who is the MVP so far? (Poll Re-set 1/14/22)

Stephen Curry
5%
Nikola Jokic
39%
Giannis Antetokounmpo
26%
Kevin Durant
2%
Joel Embiid
14%
Chris Paul
5%
Ja Morant
3%
Rudy Gobert
1%
DeMar Derozan
2%
LeBron James
3%

Total votes: 288

Bobbcats
Assistant Coach
And1: 477

Re: 2021-22 NBA MVP Discussion (Pt. 1) 

Post#1141 » by Bobbcats » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Big J wrote:Curry has now beaten the Suns, Nets, Bulls, & Jazz on their own home floors. A big part of this award is how you perform in big games against the best of the best.

lol this looks so tacky in his current form. At least wait until he has a good stretch to bring out the weird arguments
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1142 » by DutchManDanFan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 pm

Big J wrote:Curry has now beaten the Suns, Nets, Bulls, & Jazz on their own home floors. A big part of this award is how you perform in big games against the best of the best.

But not the Bucks. Only 1 game but with big impact for his MVP chances.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#1143 » by LivingLegend » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Bobbcats wrote:

lol this looks so tacky in his current form. At least wait until he has a good stretch to bring out the weird arguments

Curry has been awful for his standards for well over a month now.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,248

Post#1144 » by rate_ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:18 pm

Giannis will win his 3rd MVP this season
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,405

Post#1145 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:
You're just looking at ppg, aren't you?

Nope across the board they all had career years numbers and success wise. You can’t argue that fact.

I can absolutely argue that "deluded opinion".

Redick: Made the finals in 09 with the Magic. He had better advanced stats with the Clippers from 2014-2016 than he did during his time with the 76ers.

Curry: Made the conference finals in 2019 with the Blazers. Had better advanced stats in 2017 and 2020 both with the Mavs than he did with the 76ers.

Covington: Not a lot of play-off success but equalled his best run with the 76ers, while playing for the Rockets in 2020. He also had way better numbers during that run than in 2018 with Philly. Despite playing with the 76ers for most of his career, his best basketball came during his short stint in Minnesota.

Maxey: Literally only played for the 76ers so nothing to compare it to, weird to include him.

The things you're saying are facts are just objectively not true. I really don't have an interest in talking with someone who can't even seperate opinion from fact.

Just stop, JJ Reddick averaged 9ppg in Orlando he doubled that in Philly buddy at 18ppg jj averaged more points more assists and more rebounds with sixers vs any other team he’s played for.

Seth curry is averaging career numbers across the board and has blossomed into a top 10 sg this season, while also averaging more points more assists and more rebounds this season than any other year and it’s not even close

Covington played 22 games with rockets and played 70 games as a timberwolve he played 4.5 seasons with the sixers and really blossomed into an elite defender and landed them jimmy butler as a centerpiece.

I added maxey because he has improved by doubling his numbers across the board since his first season. He has developed really fast playing with Joel.

Niang is also having a career year playing next to Joel.

So there ya go Joel has a track record of making team mates better unlike Jokic
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,899

Post#1146 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:11 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Nope across the board they all had career years numbers and success wise. You can’t argue that fact.

I can absolutely argue that "deluded opinion".

Redick: Made the finals in 09 with the Magic. He had better advanced stats with the Clippers from 2014-2016 than he did during his time with the 76ers.

Curry: Made the conference finals in 2019 with the Blazers. Had better advanced stats in 2017 and 2020 both with the Mavs than he did with the 76ers.

Covington: Not a lot of play-off success but equalled his best run with the 76ers, while playing for the Rockets in 2020. He also had way better numbers during that run than in 2018 with Philly. Despite playing with the 76ers for most of his career, his best basketball came during his short stint in Minnesota.

Maxey: Literally only played for the 76ers so nothing to compare it to, weird to include him.

The things you're saying are facts are just objectively not true. I really don't have an interest in talking with someone who can't even seperate opinion from fact.

Just stop, JJ Reddick averaged more points more assists and more rebounds with sixers vs any other team he’s played for.

Seth curry is averaging career numbers across the board and has blossomed into a top 10 sg this season, while also averaging more points more assists and more rebounds this season than any other year and it’s not even close

Covington played 22 games with rockets and played 70 games as a timberwolve he played 4.5 seasons with the sixers and really blossomed into an elite defender and landed them jimmy butler as a centerpiece.

I added maxes because he has improved by doubling his numbers across the board since his first season. He has developed really fast playing with Joel.

Niang is also having a career year playing next to Joel.

So there ya go Joel has a track record of making team mates better unlike Jokic

So when you said you didn't just look at ppg you meant you look at rebounds and assists too? Seems like you're not even trying.
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,917

Post#1147 » by Sharkboy242 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:15 pm

Hussein Fatal is a clown. Of all the arguments to make, his is Jokic doesn't make his teammates better. Clown.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran

Post#1148 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:43 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:Hussein Fatal is a clown. Of all the arguments to make, his is Jokic doesn't make his teammates better. Clown.

Hurt your little feelings didn’t I? You have to resort to name calling?
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Sharkboy242
Veteran

Post#1149 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:38 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Hussein Fatal is a clown. Of all the arguments to make, his is Jokic doesn't make his teammates better. Clown.

Hurt your little feelings didn’t I? You have to resort to name calling?

Jokic lives rent free in your head. You're comically obsessed to the point where all you have is awful hot-takes.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#1150 » by Big J » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:14 am

Not really sure how Giannis can be considered the runaway favorite when the Bucks have such a mediocre record.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran

Post#1151 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:28 am

Joel another GREAT win vs the 2nd seeded Heat on the road scoring 32 and 12 that’s 10 consecutive 30 point games on the Road bring his personal season record to 22-9 which would be the best record in the east. MVP!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,624

Post#1152 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:35 am

It's Embiid's MVP for the taking. If they get the 2nd or 1st seed, it's his for the taking. You guys want narrative? How's the narrative of his bitch ass teammate leaving him to dry and making him fend for himself. Ends up getting Covid, and then now has registered 30 points in 9 straight road games. Think that's a pretty impressive story right there.

Look for a trade to definitely happen now. Can't waste this season from Joel, and the Bucks just lost again. Not to mention KD is now down with a knee injury, and who knows how long it'll take LaVine to recover.
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1153 » by Bostondave » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:45 am

Happy to see that unmitigated sports punk in the history of all sports Steph Curry get just two votes. He is a sports punk for alltime in the hisotry of all sports ever period. I couldn't say that on the GS board. They're reall sensitive there and extremely brittle. I once went there and crticized perhaps the biggetst punk move in all sports where the 2nd best player went to a championship team in order to ring chase and was immediately admonished by one of the admins. there. Not so here. Not for giving an honest opinon stated honestly. I thyink Steph Curry is one of the biggest punks I've ever seen in all sports fdor all time. P{eriod.,
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1154 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:49 am

Wow lol. I love Curry, thinks he transcended the game. I think his "punkinees" comes off that way because he looks like a normal person, but he absolutely schools these huge athletic giants.

Funny you say that given that some might say the same about KG, who was all bark and no bite. Loved KG still though.

I agree with KD going to GS was the biggest bitch move of all time. Took away parity from the league, and was incredibly weak. I don't agree about Curry though.
_NoMas
Pro Prospect
And1: 947

Post#1155 » by _NoMas » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:14 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:And still nobody has argued against my point that Jokic doesn’t make his teammates better, Porter regressed big time before his injury, Barton has plateaued, Murray looks better when he ignores Jokic all together on offense and Gordon has had better years playin in the poop storm in Orlando. Jokic just doesn’t elevate his teammates.

Probably because it’s just a really dumb opinion so is being ignored? But I’ll bite… Michel Porter Jr averaged 17.4 and 6 in the play offs shooting 47,40, 81… so his big step back that you’re blaming Jokic for was that huge sample size of 9 games this season? Aaron Gordon had better stats in Orlando, yes, as the number 1 option on a poor team… that’s what tends to happen (as well as averaging about 6-7 more mins per night in his best Orlando years compared to last year with the nuggets). The point on Jamal Murray… I mean it’s just based on a figment of your imagination….
Sharkboy242
Veteran

Post#1156 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:42 am

eyeatoma wrote:It's Embiid's MVP for the taking. If they get the 2nd or 1st seed, it's his for the taking. You guys want narrative? How's the narrative of his bitch ass teammate leaving him to dry and making him fend for himself. Ends up getting Covid, and then now has registered 30 points in 9 straight road games. Think that's a pretty impressive story right there.

Look for a trade to definitely happen now. Can't waste this season from Joel, and the Bucks just lost again. Not to mention KD is now down with a knee injury, and who knows how long it'll take LaVine to recover.

Giannis

Scores more points
Gets more rebounds
Makes more assists
Has his team at a better record
Shoots a higher FG%
Has a higher PER

Its Giannis MVP for the taking.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1157 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:47 am

Sharkboy242 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:It's Embiid's MVP for the taking. If they get the 2nd or 1st seed, it's his for the taking. You guys want narrative? How's the narrative of his bitch ass teammate leaving him to dry and making him fend for himself. Ends up getting Covid, and then now has registered 30 points in 9 straight road games. Think that's a pretty impressive story right there.

Giannis

Scores more points
Gets more rebounds
Makes more assists
Shoots a higher FG%
Has a higher PER

Still not great from the FT line. Still can be schemed against, and doesn't have much of a narrative. Oh and the Bucks record isn't very impressive. They are 5-5 in the last 10 games while the Sixers are 9-1 and they're a half game in front of Philadelphia.
Sharkboy242
Veteran

Post#1158 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:50 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:

Giannis

Scores more points
Gets more rebounds
Makes more assists
Shoots a higher FG%
Has a higher PER

Still not great from the FT line. Still can be schemed against, and doesn't have much of a narrative. Oh and the Bucks record isn't very impressive. They are 5-5 in the last 10 games while the Sixers are 9-1.

"can be schemed against, and doesn't have much of a narrative"

He just won an NBA title and was a finals MVP and put up 50+ points in a championship game.

"Oh and the Bucks record isn't very impressive."

Oh and what does that make the Sixers record?

My god you're delusional. Its possible that Embiid is a really good basketball player without being the lead candidate for MVP. These things can't co-exist in your head apparently.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1159 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:59 am

Sharkboy242 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Giannis

Scores more points
Gets more rebounds
Makes more assists
Shoots a higher FG%
Has a higher PER

Still not great from the FT line. Still can be schemed against, and doesn't have much of a narrative. Oh and the Bucks record isn't very impressive. They are 5-5 in the last 10 games while the Sixers are 9-1.

He just won an NBA title and was a finals MVP and put up 50+ points in a championship game.

My god you're delusional. Its possible that Embiid is a really good basketball player without being the lead candidate for MVP. These things can't co-exist in your head apparently.

LMAO you really are a troll. I can hear you actually saying those words and screaming them.

Here's a tip, try and relax. Don't let your blood pressure get too high. I'd hate for something to happen to you.

The Bucks won last year, and they deserved it, but it's a new season. They are not as good as they were last year, and like it or not record plays a big role in deciding the MVP. You clearly don't actually follow how the sixers have performed to see that they're one of the hottest team's in the league right now, and have shot up the standings, since Embiid returned from Covid. I know it's tough with your boy Joker losing steam in the MVP race, but try to remain composed.

Sports must not be very fun with you, with the Nuggets mired in mediocrity and the Broncos sucking ass.
Sharkboy242
Veteran

Post#1160 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:02 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

LMAO you really are a troll. I can hear you actually saying those words and screaming them.

Here's a tip, try and relax. Don't let your blood pressure get to high. I'd hate for something to happen to you.

The Bucks won last year, and they deserved it, but it's a new season. They are not as good as they were last year, and like it or not record plays a big role in deciding the MVP. You clearly don't actually follow how the sixers have performed to see that they're one of the hottest team's in the league right now, and have shot up the standings, since Embiid returned from Covid. I know it's tough with your boy Joker losing steam in the MVP race, but try to remain composed.

Lol unlike you I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. If Embiid is the legitimate leading candidate for MVP I'd have no problem saying so, but he's simply not.

Pad yourself on the back when Embiid wins an MVP and has one like Jokic. Until then, try to show some humility little guy. No one likes a staunch fanboy.

Return to The General Board