WT: Knicks Turn Down Deal For Anthony on Monday

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,341

Re: WT: Knicks Turn Down Deal For Anthony on Monday 

Post#121 » by The Rebel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 am

Edrees wrote:I hope you guys realize that Boston WAS successful because they refused to trade Rondo away, they kept one of their best assets. Knicks can trade some of their core but I really think they should keep their young talent (Landry fields) Before the big 3 signed with rondo everyone thought he was just a scrub. I can understand trying 2 of the 3 in Galinari, Chandler and Fields but all 3 plus picks is ridiculous.

I hope you realize that the Celtics also had a 16 and 11 third year big man, 2 lotto picks, more 1st round picks, cap relief, and several other prospects to include in a deal. In other words they actually had enough assets to send something reasonable without giving up their best piece,something the Knicks are not even close to having the luxury of having.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,341

Post#122 » by The Rebel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 am

Striders wrote:
illiance wrote:
Kaner wrote:everyone acts like Melo will be all "disgruntled" if he stays in the "lowly" Denver... guess what? They have a better record in a tougher conference... seems like THEY are the ones that are only a piece or two away... not a team thats hovering near .500 in the East just because they have a one-sided All-Star big (yes i know his D has improved minimally this season) and they are in a bigger market. I think it would be a great ending to all of this drama if he re-signed in Denver... after-all, for anyone who's been through that area knows it is one hell of a city. Denver needs to do a minor rebuild IMO, but keep Melo, Lawson, Afflalo and try and keep Nene...

Melo doesn't care about winning. I think that was clear when he said he would only accept a trade to a franchise that has been the laughstock of basketball for 10 years and is a mediocre .500. If he cared about winning he would have forced his way to Dallas or Chicago.

:lol: OK, we get it. You're angry that free agents don't care about Chicago. Enough, already.

When is the last time a free agent joined the Knicks without getting $40 million more guaranteed then anybody else was offering, or at least a couple million more per year then the next closest offer?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,464

Post#123 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 am

The Rebel wrote: :lol: OK, we get it. You're angry that free agents don't care about Chicago. Enough, already.

When is the last time a free agent joined the Bulls without getting $40 million more guaranteed then anybody else was offering, or at least a couple million more per year then the next closest offer?

I give up. When?
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
BklyntoTNeck
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#124 » by BklyntoTNeck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:03 am

The Knick hate is fierce on the general board....damn. Oh well.....
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#125 » by CoffeeJanitor » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

If they make this deal, and they should, all I see is a microcosm of Melo and Amare. Stars, but not superstars. They won't be able to compete with any of the top teams.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#126 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 am

seems like they just want to get Gallo + maximum savings. They dont give 2 **** about Felton, just his contract vs Billups

Return to The General Board