Lets talk about Alexey Shved

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,657

Re: Lets talk about Alexey Shved 

Post#121 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 5, 2012 5:50 pm

NikolaPekovic wrote:I think the general idea right now is to get reddick(lol), courtney lee, or afflalo to be that token starter at the two, while shved can come and dominate off the bench and close out games. but u never know what david khan is gonna do.

But if you're using significant trade pieces to acquire them, and they make as much money as they do, you almost have to play them 30 minutes to make the trade and salary costs worthwhile. With Shved needing his minutes, I think it would be a mistake.

If we do go after a SG, I would rather go after a cheaper role player like Anthony Morrow or Jodie Meeks.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
WenningtonGuy
Senior
And1: 79

Post#122 » by WenningtonGuy » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:24 pm

JunkYardSubs wrote:Man once that starting lineup is healthy, Wolves will be absolutely filthy.

Rubio/Shved/Ak47/Love/Pek is going to challenge any team

Not a horrible bench either - JJ/Rindour/Williams/Budinger when healthy

If they're completely healthy and in the playoff picture... WATCH OUT

You forgot Cunningham. He has been insane. The perfect hustle guy with a jump shot. That bench is one of the better benches in the league IMO.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#123 » by NikolaPekovic » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:38 pm

forgot i made this thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

i added a couple new videos.

shoutouts to klomp~
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#124 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:50 pm

Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR

Shved's rookie ranks: Scoring (4th - 10.8 ppg), assists (2nd - 3.8 apg), FT% (2nd - 87.8%) and 3-pters made (3rd - 25). #Twolves

Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR

Over last 3 gms, #Twolves' R Alexey Shved is averaging 16.7, 2.7r & 3.0a on 15-of-29 (51.7%) shooting, 11-of-19 (57.9%) from long distance.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 919

Post#125 » by Saltine » Wed Dec 5, 2012 9:50 pm

I can't wait to see him playing with Rubio in the fourth quarter.
10 more days! :)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#126 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aec3jNJdxKQ[/youtube]

Last 10 games, he's averaging 12/4 on 45% shooting (44% from 3s) in 31 mpg. Also averaging over a steal a game.

wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#127 » by wilt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Lob City North :)

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
Doddage
Veteran
And1: 1,852

Post#128 » by Doddage » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Mattya wrote:Sexy Alexey
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#129 » by Levity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm

I really like him as the starting SG next to rubio and ak. Does it look like he'll be keeping that spot even when injuries start to clear for the wolves?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Levity wrote:I really like him as the starting SG next to rubio and ak. Does it look like he'll be keeping that spot even when injuries start to clear for the wolves?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/181939091.html
"I think he will be," Adelman said when asked if Shved is the long-term answer at the shooting-guard spot. "I think he's a much better shooter than he has shown to this point. If he plays with Ricky, he'll get open shots and he'll knock those down. We've seen it time after time in practice: He makes shots. I think he'll become more of a solid shooter."

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#131 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Without any frame of reference outside a few videos in this thread, what is his ball handling like? He seems a bit robotic and uncomfortable with the ball, but that's really tough to tell from a highlight clip. If he is just an alright ball handler it limits his upside in terms of becoming star level, but he looks like a really nice role player and a guy most teams could use.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#132 » by Levity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Klomp wrote:
Levity wrote:I really like him as the starting SG next to rubio and ak. Does it look like he'll be keeping that spot even when injuries start to clear for the wolves?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/181939091.html
"I think he will be," Adelman said when asked if Shved is the long-term answer at the shooting-guard spot. "I think he's a much better shooter than he has shown to this point. If he plays with Ricky, he'll get open shots and he'll knock those down. We've seen it time after time in practice: He makes shots. I think he'll become more of a solid shooter."

Well, it looks like ill be picking him up on my fantasy team

:clap:
MNister89
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#133 » by MNister89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Without any frame of reference outside a few videos in this thread, what is his ball handling like? He seems a bit robotic and uncomfortable with the ball, but that's really tough to tell from a highlight clip. If he is just an alright ball handler it limits his upside in terms of becoming star level, but he looks like a really nice role player and a guy most teams could use.

He is pretty solid with the ball. Not Chris Paul or Rubio in the sense that he has it on a string but he generally is under control. He can also get his shot at will mostly which is nice. For this he relies on a fairly good crossover and deceptive quickness and length. His upside is limited perhaps due to his age, but this kid looks awesome. Like Rubio, his confidence and poise speak volumes considering the cultural and language barriers and his shooting has really picked up. Looks like a serious player with a 6MoY cnadidate potential who could also be a starter for a long time. Great get for Kahn. Lastly, his defense is very underrated. With AK and Rubio to help, he could become a very useful defender as well with his length and high BBIQ
Brett
Junior

Post#134 » by Brett » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Without any frame of reference outside a few videos in this thread, what is his ball handling like? He seems a bit robotic and uncomfortable with the ball, but that's really tough to tell from a highlight clip. If he is just an alright ball handler it limits his upside in terms of becoming star level, but he looks like a really nice role player and a guy most teams could use.

It's odd that you say that. He's closer to being elite at ball-handling than bad. He's been the PG for stretches. He's at his best when he's the primary ball-handler. I've never seen him lose the ball. He has used beautiful crossovers and in-and-out dribbling. He gets wherever he wants... he uses hesitation well.

His movement is unique... I've never perceived it as robotic or uncomfortable though. I think he might be a bit duck-footed (feet point outward more than usual).

From DraftExpress: He regularly created his own shot with his excellent ball-handling skills and very nice first step... He also scored 13 points in 24 minutes the game before that, making some nice drives and dishes in transition, hitting his open shots, showing off his trademark pull-up jumper from mid-range, all while handling the ball on a string... He’s a good athlete, his ball-handling skills are excellent, and he has all kinds of terrific shot-creating tools at his disposal in order to free himself up and create space from the perimeter... He showed an excellent off hand with a few crazy ball-handling moves, eventually killing an opponent with a perfect crossover move.

His ball-handling is a major strength... especially at 6'6 and in combination with his passing ability.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,147

Post#135 » by Blazing_royale » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 pm

how's his defense?
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#136 » by Vindicater » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:how's his defense?

Improving.

He will never be an amazing defender but he will be above average for most of his career in my opinion.

He is very long. Unfortunately, at the moment he is trying to use that length too many times to close down gaps instead of moving his feet laterally. Once he starts doing that he will be fine.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
MNister89
Sophomore

Post#137 » by MNister89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:how's his defense?

It has been a pleasant surprise. He is quite sneaky and gets steals at a good rate through his innate anticipation. He is also a legit 6'6" so is long enough to handle most SGs. His biggest issue is complacency especially on the defensive end. I firmly believe that under AK47's tutelage and next to Rubio - also a great help defender who can hold his own in man-to-man - he will be at least a serviceable defender who can get timely steals and even the occasional block. All told, he looks very capable defensively.
Sammyzuko
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#138 » by Sammyzuko » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 pm

The party continues tonight! 8-)
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#139 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Brett wrote:

It's odd that you say that. He's closer to being elite at ball-handling than bad. He's been the PG for stretches. He's at his best when he's the primary ball-handler. I've never seen him lose the ball. He has used beautiful crossovers and in-and-out dribbling. He gets wherever he wants... he uses hesitation well.

His movement is unique... I've never perceived it as robotic or uncomfortable though. I think he might be a bit duck-footed (feet point outward more than usual).

From DraftExpress: He regularly created his own shot with his excellent ball-handling skills and very nice first step... He also scored 13 points in 24 minutes the game before that, making some nice drives and dishes in transition, hitting his open shots, showing off his trademark pull-up jumper from mid-range, all while handling the ball on a string... He’s a good athlete, his ball-handling skills are excellent, and he has all kinds of terrific shot-creating tools at his disposal in order to free himself up and create space from the perimeter... He showed an excellent off hand with a few crazy ball-handling moves, eventually killing an opponent with a perfect crossover move.

His ball-handling is a major strength... especially at 6'6 and in combination with his passing ability.

Like I said, the only thing I've seen is a couple of these videos, mostly in the pick and roll with two dribbles then awkward pickups and passes, though those showed some nice awareness of where teammates were supposed to be. But yeah, he looks like a guy who I'd like as a fourth or fifth option on my team right now, which is really good for a guy in year 1.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,844

Post#140 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 pm

He does tend to do the passing from mid-air thing too much but he seems to have cut down on that a bit lately. As others have said, he's a solid ball handler. He just looks awkward at times because he's 6'6" and lanky. He's got a 2:1 assist:turnover ratio which isn't bad for a sg.

Return to The General Board