Does anyone even stand a hope against the Nuggets next year?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

JustBuzzin
RealGM
And1: 8,986

Re: Does anyone even stand a hope against the Nuggets next year? 

Post#121 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Sep 3, 2023 3:03 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:The Nuggets, tf you mean? lol

Murray played a full season without injury. Jokic is never injured.

The only injury prone stars in the West are the Phx trio and AD.

Minus the bubble season James has missed around 25 games or more a season with the Lakers….you think Booker is more injury prone lol? Do you watch basketball im curious.

Lebron plays when it matters most. Do you watch Lebron at all?

He's a GOAT for a reason. 39 years old and still a top 10 player put some respect on his name.
MavsDirk41
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,154

Post#122 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun Sep 3, 2023 3:14 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Murray played a full season without injury. Jokic is never injured.

The only injury prone stars in the West are the Phx trio and AD.

Minus the bubble season James has missed around 25 games or more a season with the Lakers….you think Booker is more injury prone lol? Do you watch basketball im curious.

Lebron plays when it matters most. Do you watch Lebron at all?

He's a GOAT for a reason. 39 years old and still a top 10 player put some respect on his name.

First off its debateable if he is still a top 10 player

Secondly i stated a fact, he missed almost 30 games last year with an injury, and the year before, and the year before. Saying Booker is injury prone and James isnt is comical

Third, i only watch the guy if they are playing the Mavs or if its the playoffs. I dont find him entertaining or enjoyable to watch

Fourth, you can worship the guy all you want but i dont have too. You always mention the scoring title. Maybe thats the most important thing to you but Kareem has more championships and mvps and im sure James would rather have 6 each of those on his resume than the scoring title. He can be your goat all you want but he isnt the greatest player ive ever seen.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,615

Post#123 » by Sgt Major » Sun Sep 3, 2023 4:55 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Nuggets had the easiest path to an NBA championship since like the 50s and there was like 8 teams then, of course its not going to be easy especially when they're entirely dependent on one player.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats not true?

If you think Denver is cakewalking then you are delusional, whats the record of the best team they played in the playoffs last year? They're not a super team by any stretch and if Jokic slips and falls on his butt during playoff time then Denver is screwed. Not even a hot take you sensitive ninnies.

You're one of the posters who have been diminishing what Nuggets and Jokic are doing for years, I guess because you think Giannis is a better player. Truth is, the Nuggets had a dominant run because their leader is the best player on the planet, far above everyone else, and the team is a well-oiled machine that will stomp every single team in their sight.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,257

Post#124 » by JayMKE » Sun Sep 3, 2023 5:18 pm

Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats not true?

If you think Denver is cakewalking then you are delusional, whats the record of the best team they played in the playoffs last year? They're not a super team by any stretch and if Jokic slips and falls on his butt during playoff time then Denver is screwed. Not even a hot take you sensitive ninnies.

You're one of the posters who have been diminishing what Nuggets and Jokic are doing for years, I guess because you think Giannis is a better player. Truth is, the Nuggets had a dominant run because their leader is the best player on the planet, far above everyone else, and the team is a well-oiled machine that will stomp every single team in their sight.

So basically you & the other fanboys don't disagree or find anything false in what I'm saying you're just triggered by my team okay, non-arguments like this is why everybody finds you guys so insufferable. Don't bother replying if you're not going to take proposition asked in the thread seriously, this is a discussion forum & we already know what team & player you like.
FREE GIANNIS
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,697

Post#125 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Sep 3, 2023 5:34 pm

They aren’t a transcendent juggernaut team, a handful of teams can beat them even if they are healthy.

I love the Joker but the rest of his team is very iffy in my opinion which makes this last title all the more impressive.
DonaldSanders
Head Coach
And1: 7,705

Post#126 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Sep 3, 2023 7:20 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:This Nuggets run is one of the best in a long time. 16-4 in the playoffs, losing 1 game in WCF and Finals combined, and Jokic doing s**t only he could + Murray elevating his game to the level of All-NBA player.

One more interesting thing is this were the first playoffs in a long time when no contender missed one of the 2 best players for the playoffs. All the best ones played.

2019 Toronto beat GSW without KD. Deserved champs but still WHAT IF
2020 Lakers won but GSW didn't even make the playoffs due to injuries WHAT IF
2021 Milwaukee won, but GSW missed Klay, Nuggets missed Murray...WHAT IF
2022 GSW won, Nuggets missed Murray, MPJ, Lakers weren't there...WHAT IF
2023 Nuggets won, all the best players were there

It's a little simplistic to only focus on injuries to the top 2, but I think you're also leaving some guys out.

- Embiid was injured and came back
- Giannis got injured and came back, I definitely think it was a big factor in the Bucks being eliminated
- Both the Lakers and Suns made late season trades that didn't get a lot of time to gel
- Chris Paul was injured in the Nuggets/Suns series, Suns were low on depth
- The Twolves were missing Naz Reid and McDaniels, both who would have been big for the Twolves in that series
- Draymond punch of Poole derailed the defending champs' season

Every season there are WHAT IFs, and I feel like you kinda left out Giannis/Embiid because both came back (and for both I think the injuries affected their play and their team). Those are two #1s for their team.

I focused on top 2 players on contenders because they are the biggest difference makers. And I stand by what I said, this is a season with no (or at least the least) WHAT IFs in a long time

DonaldSanders wrote:- Embiid was injured and came back
- Giannis got injured and came back, I definitely think it was a big factor in the Bucks being eliminated
Every season there are WHAT IFs, and I feel like you kinda left out Giannis/Embiid because both came back (and for both I think the injuries affected their play and their team). Those are two #1s for their team.

- Embiid was there for 6 games out of 7 and the one he missed 76ers won, so he really was no factor
- Giannis was there for the last two games, score was 0-2 in those games. They had home court advantage. The only game they won was without him. Good teams can come back from 1-2. Nuggets come from being down 1-3 twice in the same playoffs. It would be different if they lost him for the series after few games then opponent can turn series around, but they get him back to change series and he couldn't. And every time you think of Milwaukee losing to Miami 1-4 think of Nuggets running through the same Miami team 4-1

DonaldSanders wrote:- Both the Lakers and Suns made late season trades that didn't get a lot of time to gel

Both the Lakers and Suns come to play against the Nuggets on top of they games. They were never better teams in a season, not in one moment.
- Suns come to play Nuggets after beating Clippers easily, they were favorites by a lot of people, and *puff* Nuggets run through them, wasn't close
- Lakers were full of themselves after beating Memphis and GSW, LeBron had crew filming "Last Dance 2" with him, and it took 3 quarters of game 1 to see who is who on the court.

DonaldSanders wrote:- The Twolves were missing Naz Reid and McDaniels, both who would have been big for the Twolves in that series

- :lol: Naz Reid wouldn't even play because in the playoffs teams shorten rotation and their 3 best bigs were KAT, Gobert and SloMo. Is McDaniels a difference between losing in the 1st round easily and winning it all?

DonaldSanders wrote:- Draymond punch of Poole derailed the defending champs' season

- So? Did he broke his wrist and couldn't play. Warriors were who they were in the playoffs last year, they were better then in regular season because they got Wiggins back and couldn't get through Lakers. So WHAT IF they somehow got through to play Nuggets in WCF. We all know the answer. NO WHAT IFs

One more thing regarding small nagging injuries. Every team/player has it. Jokic started playoffs with injured wrist on shooting hand (Minnesota series and first game of Suns series, it was tightly taped you can see it on highlights), but they still won it.

Here is one thing. You can see how dominant was one teams playoffs run, and where the other teams see them compared to champions based on (desperate) moves they make next season. After Nuggets lost in the playoffs last two seasons they didn't make any desperate moves, they traded they 5th-6th best players for 5th best KCP. Moves around the edges because they believed healthy they can win it all. Same with Milwaukee after losing last year. They waited for Middleton and Lopez to be healthy. GSW didn't do anything for few years, waited for health. Same as Boston...

After this season Boston traded Smart (soul of their team) for Porzingis (no NY, Dallas or Was fan would want him back). Desperate move. Milwaukee fired coach that won them championship two years earlier. 76ers...no comment. Suns before trade for Beal wanted to cut CP3 to free some money on his unguaranteed contract to try to improve, because they weren't good enough. GSW traded Pool who was important peace of their championship run because with their current roster (chemistry) they weren't good enough. Memphis let Brooks go for nothing not wanting to see him ever again. This moves tells you everything you want to know how these teams see themselves compared to champions.

Now, next season is next season, you never know...

Talk about being drunk on your first championship -- total one sided homer analysis.
BelgradeNugget
Analyst
And1: 3,250

Post#127 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun Sep 3, 2023 7:29 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Whats not true?

So basically you & the other fanboys don't disagree or find anything false in what I'm saying you're just triggered by my team okay, non-arguments like this is why everybody finds you guys so insufferable. Don't bother replying if you're not going to take proposition asked in the thread seriously, this is a discussion forum & we already know what team & player you like.

OK you wanted answers to your BS takes, I'll give you an answer to your BS takes

1. In the finals Nuggets beat Miami, team that made 2 Finals in the last 4 years and 1 ECF with team arguably as good as any team Miami had in that period. Wasn't close
2. That Miami team in ECF beat Boston, last year finalist and ECF 2 years ago with the same team Boston had for the last few years
3. Miami in the first round beat Milwaukee 2021 champion. In two games Milwaukee played with Giannis who averaged 33/15/8 the score was 2-0 Miami. In those two games Milwaukee had the same team they had when they won it all, and won 0 games. 0

4. In the WCF Nuggets beat Lakers, 2020 champion, who had arguably better team than the one that won it all in 2020. Wasn't close
5. In WCSF Lakers beat GSW that had the same team who won it all last year
6. In WCSF Nuggets beat the Suns, finalist 2 years ago who had better team than the one who made it to the finals. Wasn't close

You know which championship was the least impressive in the last 4 years.

1. One team in the finals beat Suns. That Suns team was worst than the one who couldn't make it out of the 2nd round this year
2. One team beat Atlanta in the ECF, team who won 3 playoffs games since, went into the playoffs through play-inn both times with the same or arguable better team then the one that made it to the ECF
3. One team beat Durant led team with a lot of luck. That Nets team was worst than this Suns team, Durant led team, that lost in the 2nd round to the Nuggets...and it wasn't close

If you find answer which One team was that, you will find team that was the least impressive champion in the last 4 years
BelgradeNugget
Analyst
And1: 3,250

Post#128 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun Sep 3, 2023 7:34 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
It's a little simplistic to only focus on injuries to the top 2, but I think you're also leaving some guys out.

- Embiid was injured and came back
- Both the Lakers and Suns made late season trades that didn't get a lot of time to gel
- Chris Paul was injured in the Nuggets/Suns series, Suns were low on depth
- The Twolves were missing Naz Reid and McDaniels, both who would have been big for the Twolves in that series
- Draymond punch of Poole derailed the defending champs' season

I focused on top 2 players on contenders because they are the biggest difference makers. And I stand by what I said, this is a season with no (or at least the least) WHAT IFs in a long time

DonaldSanders wrote:- Embiid was injured and came back

- Embiid was there for 6 games out of 7 and the one he missed 76ers won, so he really was no factor
- Giannis was there for the last two games, score was 0-2 in those games. They had home court advantage. The only game they won was without him. Good teams can come back from 1-2. Nuggets come from being down 1-3 twice in the same playoffs. It would be different if they lost him for the series after few games then opponent can turn series around, but they get him back to change series and he couldn't. And every time you think of Milwaukee losing to Miami 1-4 think of Nuggets running through the same Miami team 4-1

DonaldSanders wrote:- Both the Lakers and Suns made late season trades that didn't get a lot of time to gel

Both the Lakers and Suns come to play against the Nuggets on top of they games. They were never better teams in a season, not in one moment.
- Suns come to play Nuggets after beating Clippers easily, they were favorites by a lot of people, and *puff* Nuggets run through them, wasn't close
- Lakers were full of themselves after beating Memphis and GSW, LeBron had crew filming "Last Dance 2" with him, and it took 3 quarters of game 1 to see who is who on the court.

DonaldSanders wrote:- The Twolves were missing Naz Reid and McDaniels, both who would have been big for the Twolves in that series

- :lol: Naz Reid wouldn't even play because in the playoffs teams shorten rotation and their 3 best bigs were KAT, Gobert and SloMo. Is McDaniels a difference between losing in the 1st round easily and winning it all?

DonaldSanders wrote:- Draymond punch of Poole derailed the defending champs' season

- So? Did he broke his wrist and couldn't play. Warriors were who they were in the playoffs last year, they were better then in regular season because they got Wiggins back and couldn't get through Lakers. So WHAT IF they somehow got through to play Nuggets in WCF. We all know the answer. NO WHAT IFs

One more thing regarding small nagging injuries. Every team/player has it. Jokic started playoffs with injured wrist on shooting hand (Minnesota series and first game of Suns series, it was tightly taped you can see it on highlights), but they still won it.

Here is one thing. You can see how dominant was one teams playoffs run, and where the other teams see them compared to champions based on (desperate) moves they make next season. After Nuggets lost in the playoffs last two seasons they didn't make any desperate moves, they traded they 5th-6th best players for 5th best KCP. Moves around the edges because they believed healthy they can win it all. Same with Milwaukee after losing last year. They waited for Middleton and Lopez to be healthy. GSW didn't do anything for few years, waited for health. Same as Boston...

After this season Boston traded Smart (soul of their team) for Porzingis (no NY, Dallas or Was fan would want him back). Desperate move. Milwaukee fired coach that won them championship two years earlier. 76ers...no comment. Suns before trade for Beal wanted to cut CP3 to free some money on his unguaranteed contract to try to improve, because they weren't good enough. GSW traded Pool who was important peace of their championship run because with their current roster (chemistry) they weren't good enough. Memphis let Brooks go for nothing not wanting to see him ever again. This moves tells you everything you want to know how these teams see themselves compared to champions.

Now, next season is next season, you never know...

Talk about being drunk on your first championship -- total one sided homer analysis.

I gave you facts and analysis. You gave me what? What of your questions I didn't answer. If you want better answers ask better questions, but you can't because ALL THE BEST TEAMS WERE AT THEIR BEST IN THE PLAYOFFS, except maybe 76ers who missed Embiid for 1 game out of 7 as you smartly noticed.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,631

Post#129 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 3, 2023 7:34 pm

They're not the '17 or '18 Warriors. There are probably 4 or 5 teams who have a realistic chance of coming out of the West.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 6,316

Post#130 » by jkvonny » Sun Sep 3, 2023 9:34 pm

I could see the Phoenix Suns, LA Clips, Sac Kings, LA Lakers, Minn TWolves, Memphis Griz, Milw Bucks, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat (if they get Dame) have a chance against Denver Nuggets. Especially Phoenix Suns and Minn TWolves.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,363

Post#131 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 3, 2023 10:01 pm

CpttCanada wrote:And before you just got swept Lakers fans jump in, just stop. We don't want to hear it, you aren't part of this conversation. Everyone knows nothing is happening there. But does any team actually stand a chance? The real teams who could take them in a year or two aren't ready yet. Am I wrong here?

The question is do Nuggets fans expect and easy ride to another title this season?
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,615

Post#132 » by Sgt Major » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:02 am

JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Whats not true?

Actually I'm pointing out that your posts are flawed because of your extremely biased opinion on Jokic and the Nuggets.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,257

Post#133 » by JayMKE » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:05 am

Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:

Actually I'm pointing out that your posts are flawed because of your extremely biased opinion on Jokic and the Nuggets.

Whats flawed about what I said? That it’s not going to be easy to repeat and that Denver isn’t a super team?
Last year was objectively a historically weak path to championship based on the record of their opponents. They’re not dependent on Jokic? How is any of that biased?
FREE GIANNIS
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 366

Post#134 » by dan-man » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:14 am

Good team but lost Brown, and MPJ is fragile. ngmi.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 12,374

Post#135 » by Mavrelous » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:22 am

In the west.
If the CP3 experiment works, and could give Steph 20-25 games off in RS, while utilizing Kuminga/Moody in a more traditional P&R lineups, then GSW can beat them, I'd give healthy Warriors 50% chance of beating DEN.
Healthy Clippers are always a threat, 40%.
Suns are a mystery, we'll see how they look and how healthy KD come PO time.
I'm not convinced Lakers are real a threat.

In the east, healthy Bucks and healthy BOS, but I'd still heavily favour the Nuggets.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
nikster
RealGM
And1: 12,364

Post#136 » by nikster » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:47 am

JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

Whats flawed about what I said? That it’s not going to be easy to repeat and that Denver isn’t a super team?
Last year was objectively a historically weak path to championship based on the record of their opponents. They’re not dependent on Jokic? How is any of that biased?

I think the historically weak run is only true if your looking only at record and not actual quality of opponent. I dont think theres any good argument that the Bucks run was actually against tougher competition
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,312

Post#137 » by druggas » Mon Sep 4, 2023 3:03 pm

CpttCanada wrote:And before you just got swept Lakers fans jump in, just stop. We don't want to hear it, you aren't part of this conversation. Everyone knows nothing is happening there. But does any team actually stand a chance? The real teams who could take them in a year or two aren't ready yet. Am I wrong here?

This is a message board. Don't tell people not to post.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,789

Post#138 » by nomansland » Mon Sep 4, 2023 3:26 pm

Mr B wrote:

The question is do Nuggets fans expect and easy ride to another title this season?

Nope. In Nugglyfe things usually go wrong.

But I also find it a little weird that some people are kind of dissing them despite a pretty dominant playoff run. Whatever though. Puts some pressure on them to come back and try to repeat.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,282

Post#139 » by RRFB » Mon Sep 4, 2023 6:54 pm

Yeah I’m surprised how quickly people have forgotten just how dominant Denver was in the playoffs. Apart from two all-time great shooting performances from Devin Booker, Denver was never even tested. They were so clearly the best team and it wasn’t close. That’s not hyperbole.

They’re bringing back the best starting lineup in the league, they have the best player in the world, and arguably the best duo. Obviously repeating a title is extremely difficult/unlikely but it shouldn’t be hard to see why many consider them the favorite.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,830

Post#140 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 6:59 pm

I will definitely take the field

Return to The General Board