Jalen Brunson is the best Knick since Patrick Ewing

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,309

Re: Jalen Brunson is the best Knick since Patrick Ewing 

Post#121 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:45 pm

cgf wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Brunson is putting up great numbers but what sticks out to me is that he only has two turnovers in his last five games.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

IIRC that lines up with when McBride...who's shooting insane %s from 3 & has had some huge games in that stretch...got moved into the starting lineup for Achiuwa. Precious has been great, but DDV was the only non-Brunson shooter in our starting lineup* before Thibs went small.

With Deuce & Divo out there to drain open 3s, Hart a threat to slash to the hoop if given an alley, and Hartenstein scoring more aggressively during this run, it's been a lot more painful to hard-trap & excessively double Brunson.

*at least with OG & Julius hurt, Randle may not shoot a great percentage but teams guard him out there because he can get hot enough to win games with his 3 and you don't want to give him too much room to scan the court.
Indeed.
Excellent coaching and the team looks focused.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,838

Post#122 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Melo's stats in the post season are pretty similar to his regular season's, just a little less efficient and showed up in elimination games so if you consider that choking then do you. I'm getting tired of talking about this now.

I do.

I think every playoff game is imporant and not only elimination games.

Agree to disagree man, cheers!

Yeah will just have to agree to disagree. Good luck to your pacers. I am a jarace walker fan and hope to see him breakout with you guys

Good luck to ya'll as well!

As I said, I'm a fairly pessimistic fan, so I don't expect much this year. Just hoping the young guys can get some playoff experience to build on for the future.

Hope ya'll are able to get as healthy as possible before the playoffs!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,409

Post#123 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:52 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:I do.

I think every playoff game is imporant and not only elimination games.

Agree to disagree man, cheers!

Yeah will just have to agree to disagree. Good luck to your pacers. I am a jarace walker fan and hope to see him breakout with you guys

As I said, I'm a fairly pessimistic fan, so I don't expect much this year. Just hoping the young guys can get some playoff experience to build on for the future.

I think the Pacers will be on the rise once you guys get more experience. And you got Siakam for pretty much nothing

I don't think the Knicks will be able to be healthy enough to go far this year. It's too late in the season for everyone to develop chemistry. Maybe next year I guess
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#124 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Yeah will just have to agree to disagree. Good luck to your pacers. I am a jarace walker fan and hope to see him breakout with you guys

I think the Pacers will be on the rise once you guys get more experience. And you got Siakam for pretty much nothing

I don't think the Knicks will be able to be healthy enough to go far this year. It's too late in the season for everyone to develop chemistry. Maybe next year I guess

Yea, we need Haliburton to get healthy. He's been playing with a hurt hamstring ever since we acquired Siakam. He was playing for a supermax, but since he was playing hurt to meet the game threshold, he kinda played himself off the All-NBA teams I suspect...and hammy's don't really heal until they rest.

Also going to need to re-sign Siakam still. Seems like he enjoys Indiana and by all accounts he wants to return, but ya never know. As a Pacers fan, if something can go wrong, it probably will. :lol: :cry:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#125 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:05 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Good luck to ya'll as well!

Yea, we need Haliburton to get healthy. He's been playing with a hurt hamstring ever since we acquired Siakam. He was playing for a supermax, but since he was playing hurt to meet the game threshold, he kinda played himself off the All-NBA teams I suspect...and hammy's don't really heal until they rest.

Also going to need to re-sign Siakam still. Seems like he enjoys Indiana and by all accounts he wants to return, but ya never know. As a Pacers fan, if something can go wrong, it probably will. :lol: :cry:

At least Haliburton is healthy enough to even play. Randle can't even clear contact since he separated his shoulder :(
Siakam will def resign. I doubt they make that trade if they weren't certain he was going to resign.

Since we're talking about the Pacers, I am an Ayton fan (yes im in the minority lol) and was really looking forward to seeing him play with Haliburton. Hated seeing him back in Phoenix where he didn't want to play for Monty anymore.

Oh and Brunson is limping right now against okc. We keep getting hurt lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#126 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:15 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I think the Pacers will be on the rise once you guys get more experience. And you got Siakam for pretty much nothing

At least Haliburton is healthy enough to even play. Randle can't even clear contact since he separated his shoulder :(
Siakam will def resign. I doubt they make that trade if they weren't certain he was going to resign.

Since we're talking about the Pacers, I am an Ayton fan (yes im in the minority lol) and was really looking forward to seeing him play with Haliburton. Hated seeing him back in Phoenix where he didn't want to play for Monty anymore.

Yea, ya'll have had some horrid luck this year. :-/

Yea, I was excited to see Ayton with Haliburton as well. Our offense would be insanely different though. Ayton may have more talent, but Myles really does fit incredibly well with Haliburton as he can shoot or slash to the basket. We need someone who can rebound in the worst way though and I suspect that is the main reason we'll be a quick out in the playoffs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#127 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:22 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Yea, we need Haliburton to get healthy. He's been playing with a hurt hamstring ever since we acquired Siakam. He was playing for a supermax, but since he was playing hurt to meet the game threshold, he kinda played himself off the All-NBA teams I suspect...and hammy's don't really heal until they rest.

Yea, I was excited to see Ayton with Haliburton as well. Our offense would be insanely different though. Ayton may have more talent, but Myles really does fit incredibly well with Haliburton as he can shoot or slash to the basket. We need someone who can rebound in the worst way though and I suspect that is the main reason we'll be a quick out in the playoffs.

Would you guys be interested in Myles turner for mitchell robinson lol
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#128 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:30 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:At least Haliburton is healthy enough to even play. Randle can't even clear contact since he separated his shoulder :(

Haha, I would absolutely not be interested in that.

There is a large swarm of Pacer fans who can't stand Myles Turner though, but I think our front office values him like I do.

His ability to shoot and slash really is a great fit with Haliburton.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#129 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:33 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Yea, ya'll have had some horrid luck this year. :-/

There is a large swarm of Pacer fans who can't stand Myles Turner though, but I think our front office values him like I do.

:lol: im not much of a mitch fan. but i remember seeing rumors about us and myles turner for a couple of years. i always wanted us to trade mitch for him lol.

Isaiah hartenstein has been much better than mitch this season so it's refreshing to have a center who has some offensive ability instead of mitch who can't do anything.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#130 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:36 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Would you guys be interested in Myles turner for mitchell robinson lol

:lol: im not much of a mitch fan. but i remember seeing rumors about us and myles turner for a couple of years. i always wanted us to trade mitch for him lol.

Isaiah hartenstein has been much better than mitch this season so it's refreshing to have a center who has some offensive ability instead of mitch who can't do anything.

Yea, Myles is pretty great outside of rebounding. Rebounding is certainly an issue though.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#131 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:38 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Haha, I would absolutely not be interested in that.

Yea, Myles is pretty great outside of rebounding. Rebounding is certainly an issue though.

an myles turner and ayton front court would've been pretty interesting to watch
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#132 » by cgf » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:02 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Yeah will just have to agree to disagree. Good luck to your pacers. I am a jarace walker fan and hope to see him breakout with you guys

I share your hesitation, especially with us still not having heard about Julius getting close...but I'm not too worried about developing chemistry. This team was on a tear with OG & Ju. Yes Burks & Bogey got acquired since they went down, while Precious & Deuce took big strides in expanded roles, but Hartenstein & the nova knicks played big minutes with them.

Plus Julius played with Deuce a lot during that pre-injury stretch and if we did get healthy, Deuce / Precious / Bogey / Burks would (most likely) be battling over 1.5 rotation spots...Juju + OG + RobinHart + nova boys = 7 spots pretty much locked up. So not exactly a ton of minutes that those 4 new guys would need chemistry with Julius & OG for.

Mitch probably needs the most time...as the defensive anchor he needs to be know where guys are going to need him to clean up for them; guys need to get their timing with throwing him lobs; unlike Randle & Anunoby he wasn't able to work on his confiditioning until his ankle healed...and luckily he's the one that's already working his way back into the rotation.

But I am starting to worry that OG & Julius won't be back this season.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 649

Post#133 » by donkki » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:03 am

Jalen Brunson is a top5 player in the world right now!
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,668

Post#134 » by KGtabake » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:08 am

donkki wrote:Jalen Brunson is a top5 player in the world right now!

So he's better than Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Gilgeous Alexander, Tatum or Edwards now?
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#135 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:09 am

cgf wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Good luck to ya'll as well!

I share your hesitation, especially with us still not having heard about Julius getting close...but I'm not too worried about developing chemistry. This team was on a tear with OG & Ju. Yes Burks & Bogey got acquired since they went down, while Precious & Deuce took big strides in expanded roles, but Hartenstein & the nova knicks played big minutes with them.

Plus Julius played with Deuce a lot during that pre-injury stretch and if we did get healthy, Deuce / Precious / Bogey / Burks would (most likely) be battling over 1.5 rotation spots...Juju + OG + RobinHart + nova boys = 7 spots pretty much locked up. So not exactly a ton of minutes that those 4 new guys would need chemistry with Julius & OG for.

Mitch probably needs the most time...as the defensive anchor he needs to be know where guys are going to need him to clean up for them; guys need to get their timing with throwing him lobs; unlike Randle & Anunoby he wasn't able to work on his confiditioning until his ankle healed...and luckily he's the one that's already working his way back into the rotation.

even if you take the chemistry factor out of the equation, it prob won't be enough time for randle to get back into a rhythm. we saw how long it took him to get back into his old self this season from his ankle injury. we need too much things to go right with everyone to get us back into the january groove
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#136 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:19 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote: :lol: im not much of a mitch fan. but i remember seeing rumors about us and myles turner for a couple of years. i always wanted us to trade mitch for him lol.

an myles turner and ayton front court would've been pretty interesting to watch

If we got Ayton I imagine we would have traded Turner. Can’t see them going together.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,518

Post#137 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:21 am

KGtabake wrote:
donkki wrote:Jalen Brunson is a top5 player in the world right now!

So he's better than Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Gilgeous Alexander, Tatum or Edwards now?

I take him over gilgeous Tatum and edwards…
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#138 » by cgf » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:58 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
cgf wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I think the Pacers will be on the rise once you guys get more experience. And you got Siakam for pretty much nothing

even if you take the chemistry factor out of the equation, it prob won't be enough time for randle to get back into a rhythm. we saw how long it took him to get back into his old self this season from his ankle injury. we need too much things to go right with everyone to get us back into the january groove

Probably...though his non-shooting shoulder isn't an ankle...but just getting Julius out there again to draw double teams and whip it to the open man would be a huge help in the non-Brunson minutes, and make it harder for teams to double Brunson even if we got Heat-series-Randle.

Plus that was before Juju realized he was allowed to use PnRs to get downhill too :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 505

Post#139 » by SeanieWard » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:42 am

This is recent bias but I get it..Brunson is that good that you have to at least think about it but Melo has done what Brunson has done in NY essentially, which is be a dynamic offensive force night in and night out and close games.

Brunson scored 61 so the overreactions will come understandably..but he scored against a bad Spurs team and loss. Interestingly, Melo scored 62 against a bad Bobcats team and got the win.

And reading some of the comments, what makes Brunson a better leader exactly? Not saying Melo was some great leader or anything but I just don't know if that's true tbh

At Melo's peak he was 3rd in MVP voting behind the likes of Bron and KD in 2012-13 and won the scoring title that year. Part is Brunson's hype, all of which is deserves btw, is due to the fact that no one expected him to be this good. But with that said, Melo was just a better player imo
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,230
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#140 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:55 am

I mean, easily right? He’s doing the volume scoring thing Melo did, but he’s a legit floor general and capable and willing defender as well.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board