Finally, this is the year for Celtics

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Re: Finally, this is the year for Celtics 

Post#121 » by EArl » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 am

Lets hope not 8-)
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#122 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
myronbolitar wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:yes, this is their year
Tatum and Brown had their finals baptism and lost to an inferior, hugely successful and experienced yet aging and over the hill team

One thing about this -- for some reason, people seem to forget that the Celtics were .500 well into that season, and the Warriors were favored in the Finals.

Indeed, the whole "Celtics have had a stacked roster" thing is way overblown. This is the first time Jayson Tatum has ever been part of a 1-seed team. They've done well, but they've never been this unstoppable juggernaut like people claim.

Celtics have a lot of guys that can put the ball in the hoop. Even have 3 guys coming off the bench that can stick 3 pointers all over the place. Tatum doesn't need to be relied on so much. Brown is much more efficient this year and Holiday and White have done an outstanding job running the offense. Celtics are almost unstoppable when they are sharing the ball and trusting each other. The only way I will be nervous in any series moving forward is when Tatum (with his Duke mentality) starts playing iso ball, shooting fall away 3's and taking the Celtics out of their rhythm when he feels is his time to shine. Tatum will get his opportunities, he just needs to let the game come to him instead of always trying to force the issue.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,252

Post#123 » by dolphinatik » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 pm

What the last poster said. But I dont trust Tatum let it go or Mazula to shape this critical postseason of Tatums career. Denver will still give them trouble though.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Rancid669
Sophomore
And1: 271

Post#124 » by Rancid669 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 pm

The Celtics give me 2007 Dallas vibes. Don’t know why everyone is making them out to be the 2018 Warriors.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,943

Post#125 » by Triple M » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

Rancid669 wrote:The Celtics give me 2007 Dallas vibes. Don’t know why everyone is making them out to be the 2018 Warriors.

Nobody is treating them as theel 18 Warriors, just check the predictions thread because while everyone has them in the finals most have them actually losing in the finals. Some even have them losing to the Clips and Mavs so that is very different than getting Warriors treatment.

As for the Mavs vibes i dont see that at all because there isnt a team that giave this current Celtics team a problem the way that Warriors did with Dallas. Other than both being 60 win teams i dont see the similarities.
Rancid669
Sophomore

Post#126 » by Rancid669 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 pm

Triple M wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:The Celtics give me 2007 Dallas vibes. Don’t know why everyone is making them out to be the 2018 Warriors.

Nobody is treating them as theel 18 Warriors, just check the predictions thread because while everyone has them in the finals most have them actually losing in the finals. Some even have them losing to the Clips and Mavs so that is very different than getting Warriors treatment.

As for the Mavs vibes i dont see that at all because there isnt a team that giave this current Celtics team a problem the way that Warriors did with Dallas. Other than both being 60 win teams i dont see the similarities.

Both 60 win teams, as you said. Also both with coaches that are in over their head, and both having choked in previous playoffs.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,943

Post#127 » by Triple M » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pm

Rancid669 wrote:
Triple M wrote:

Both 60 win teams, as you said. Also both with coaches that are in over their head, and both having choked in previous playoffs.

Dallas didnt choke in previous playoffs and this Celtics team isnt previous team as well. Just seems like wishful thinking
Rancid669
Sophomore

Post#128 » by Rancid669 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:18 pm

Triple M wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:
Triple M wrote:

Dallas didnt choke in previous playoffs and this Celtics team isnt previous team as well. Just seems like wishful thinking

Dallas wasn’t about to go up 3-0 in the finals the previous year? I was there, I remember. Lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#129 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:10 pm

celtxman wrote:The Celtics will have to learn to win close games on the fly in the playoffs. The combination of losing some notable close games and also not having many in total makes this their biggest challenge.

The biggest challenge imho is if the Celtics bring their a-game every night, how many close games will there be in the east.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,828

Post#130 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Generally I agree, I think Boston is the best team and that they’ll win it all, assuming they stay healthy which is always the key for every team.
Go Raps!!
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,417

Post#131 » by Tottery » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 pm

"Finally?" They are tied with the most championships in history. Only Celtic fans will lose sleep if they're eliminated.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:45 pm

Celtics begin their journey in a few hours. Don't believe they will lose any sleep in the Miami series. :wizard:
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,790

Post#133 » by durden_tyler » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:15 pm

Celtics need to send a message early this postseason. Not to give Miami confidence for example and blow them our every game.

2nd round will be similar and the real test will come in the ECF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#134 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I'm not crowning them champions until they actually win it.

Nobody asked

I don't need you to ask for me to speak my mind. Your team hasn't done anything yet. Porzingis is a choker I have the receipts on that. You'll see.

This is a guy who was supposed to be a #1 guy in New York, traded for peanuts. Then he was asked to just be the #2 in Dallas, traded for peanuts. They traded him for Spencer Dimwiddie who got waived this season.

1-9 from the field, couldn't post up smaller players. Playoff Porzingis is a thing.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#135 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am

zero rings wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Nobody asked

I don't need you to ask for me to speak my mind. Your team hasn't done anything yet. Porzingis is a choker I have the receipts on that. You'll see.

This is a guy who was supposed to be a #1 guy in New York, traded for peanuts. Then he was asked to just be the #2 in Dallas, traded for peanuts. They traded him for Spencer Dimwiddie who got waived this season.

Right. Now he's a walking mismatch and one of the best post scorers in the game.

You ever wonder why Porzingis became the most efficient post scorer in the league the moment he left Dallas?

I tried to tell you you can't just look at someone's regular season and apply it to the playoffs, not with this guy anyway. It's just one game but it won't get better. He'll show up some games but have more stinkers. I tried to warn you so you wouldn't be disappointed, you wouldn't listen.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,534

Post#136 » by JXL » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:37 am

Celtics when their 3's don't fall:
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,209

Post#137 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 am

As we’ve seen with the 2016 Warriors, 2007 Mavs, 2021 Jazz, 2020 Bucks, and 2019 Bucks, just because you’re great in the regular season doesn’t mean you win a ring.

Return to The General Board