Dray will be on TNT's Inside the NBA for Western Conference Finals

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,707

Re: Dray will be on TNT's Inside the NBA for Western Conference Finals 

Post#121 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed May 22, 2024 3:31 am

cdubbz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:I like how he picked the Wolves to get to the Finals after being dead wrong about them a couple days ago. Now he conveniently finds himself in a win-win position. Either the TWolves win and he takes a victory lap or he gets another opportunity to **** on Gobert.

You must be new to sports media :lol: Have you never made a wrong prediction? Then have to choose a new team based on the otcome?

the hate is funny

You’re right his personal vendetta against Gobert has nothing to do with all this. Your unbiased input is appreciated.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 3,770

Post#122 » by cdubbz » Wed May 22, 2024 3:36 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:I like how he picked the Wolves to get to the Finals after being dead wrong about them a couple days ago. Now he conveniently finds himself in a win-win position. Either the TWolves win and he takes a victory lap or he gets another opportunity to **** on Gobert.

You must be new to sports media :lol: Have you never made a wrong prediction? Then have to choose a new team based on the otcome?

the hate is funny

You’re right his personal vendetta against Gobert has nothing to do with all this. Your unbiased input is appreciated.

I am a Warrior fan and i've been fed up with Draymond costing the Warriors championships and chances to contend. I view him annoying as well and dislike his actions this season. I'm always 50/50 on getting his butt traded away.

Doesn't negate the fact that he is knowledgable and knows what he is talking about FOR THE MOST PART. Before his Gobert comments almost EVERYONE called the Gobert trade a terrible trade for the Wolves. After Greens comments - look up how many NBA players spoke about Gobert on their podcasts. Whether you like him or not Green brings valid points.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 3,770

Post#123 » by cdubbz » Wed May 22, 2024 3:38 am

The4thHorseman wrote:Draymond is a walking POS. I have no desire to tune in and listen to what he has to say about basketball.

What did he do to you?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,456

Post#124 » by Bob Ross » Wed May 22, 2024 3:50 am

Hopefully NBC will have some class and not put douches like Green on their broadcasts
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,691

Post#125 » by GSP » Wed May 22, 2024 3:52 am

Hes been trash all playoffs hes gonna so much analysis wrong in both conferences. Does anyone besides Warriors fans even want to hear him talk?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,707

Post#126 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed May 22, 2024 4:36 am

cdubbz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

the hate is funny

I am a Warrior fan and i've been fed up with Draymond costing the Warriors championships and chances to contend. I view him annoying as well and dislike his actions this season. I'm always 50/50 on getting his butt traded away.

Doesn't negate the fact that he is knowledgable and knows what he is talking about FOR THE MOST PART. Before his Gobert comments almost EVERYONE called the Gobert trade a terrible trade for the Wolves. After Greens comments - look up how many NBA players spoke about Gobert on their podcasts. Whether you like him or not Green brings valid points.

As much as I hate Draymond the basketball player, I appreciate him as a talking head. All I’m saying is everything he says about the TWolves should be taken with a grain of salt because of his agenda and predisposition.
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,302

Post#127 » by chilluminati » Wed May 22, 2024 6:20 am

cdubbz wrote:
chilluminati wrote:Kinda glad TNT might be losing the NBA. I'm tired of Chuck and Shaq acting like they actually know basketball. And then they employ Draymond lol.

Another wild comment.

Saying two professional NBA players dont know basketball. ESPN and TNT should just hire us RealGmers right?! :lol:

Lol for real? You're really trying to defend Shaq and Chuck as analysts? They can't even name most teams 6th man, let alone make concise basketball takes.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 375

Post#128 » by Big nick » Wed May 22, 2024 9:28 am

I sure won't watch it now with that thug on there
tbhawksfan1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,208

Post#129 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:23 am

Warriorfan wrote:
dygaction wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Controversy sells. There will be people who tune in to see what stupid thing he says and he understands the assignment. He will say some stupid things he doesn't really think.

It's entertainment. They aren't selling you analysis. Once you accept that, you realize its okay.

I can understand the concerns for conflict of interest with being an active player and feud with Gobert, but his analysis and understanding of the game have been on the better side of nba players. Same as Patrick Beverley. Would be happy to listen to them anytime more than Shaq.

The fact that people are posting about Green is evidence that he drives up ratings.

Model player like Duncan would never get a show

Tim Duncan was one of the GOATS. He was too busy playing basketball for this nonsense
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 2,024

Post#130 » by SkyHook » Wed May 22, 2024 12:05 pm

Baffling that the NBAonTNT producers looked around and said, "You know what this place could use? A really expensive backpack."
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 31,009

Post#131 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 22, 2024 12:46 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Controversy sells. There will be people who tune in to see what stupid thing he says and he understands the assignment. He will say some stupid things he doesn't really think.

It's entertainment. They aren't selling you analysis. Once you accept that, you realize its okay.

I will never understand why that is entertaining tho, but thats just me. I never watch these shows, so I do not care, wont effect me, but I still do not get why such thing sells.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 92,419

Post#132 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 22, 2024 1:15 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

I will never understand why that is entertaining tho, but thats just me. I never watch these shows, so I do not care, wont effect me, but I still do not get why such thing sells.

Of course you understand. It's not for you. It's not for me. But you are on this board. The vast majority of posters live for the hot takes and stupid narratives. The masses love that kind of stuff. And that's what they care about.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 24,125

Post#133 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:24 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

As much as I hate Draymond the basketball player, I appreciate him as a talking head. All I’m saying is everything he says about the TWolves should be taken with a grain of salt because of his agenda and predisposition.

Kinda makes this a problem given he's ONLY doing the western conference where he'll be exclusively talking about a series with the Wolves. If he were doing the Eastern finals we might get a better product from him. As I agree with you here, Dray has talking heads go is far more informed and better at talking basketball than most. But that's useless if he's just going to talk crap about Gobert after every game.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 24,125

Post#134 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:26 pm

chilluminati wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
chilluminati wrote:Kinda glad TNT might be losing the NBA. I'm tired of Chuck and Shaq acting like they actually know basketball. And then they employ Draymond lol.

Another wild comment.

Saying two professional NBA players dont know basketball. ESPN and TNT should just hire us RealGmers right?! :lol:

Lol for real? You're really trying to defend Shaq and Chuck as analysts? They can't even name most teams 6th man, let alone make concise basketball takes.

Shaq literally is still talking about the x's and o's he learned in high school. Chuck when he wants to actually do some work can offer some analysis. Shaq legit doesn't even grasp the modern game at even a casual fan level.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 40,399

Post#135 » by Tor_Raps » Wed May 22, 2024 11:39 pm

Who the hell thought having Draymond in Minny was going to be a good idea? The minny fans are chanting "Draymond Sucks" and "Rudy" during TNTs pregame and rightfully so. Shaq had to tell them to stop LOL.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 16,242

Post#136 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:50 pm

chilluminati wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Another wild comment.

Its a late night show. Lol they have to be entertaining to keep the casual fans interested and thats what keeps the ratings up
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,459

Post#137 » by Impuniti » Wed May 22, 2024 11:53 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Who the hell thought having Draymond in Minny was going to be a good idea? The minny fans are chanting "Draymond Sucks" and "Rudy" during TNTs pregame and rightfully so. Shaq had to tell them to stop LOL.

Unfortunately they're not very creative. If they wanted to swing at his ego, they should have been yelling backpack or triple single.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 40,399

Post#138 » by Tor_Raps » Wed May 22, 2024 11:59 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Who the hell thought having Draymond in Minny was going to be a good idea? The minny fans are chanting "Draymond Sucks" and "Rudy" during TNTs pregame and rightfully so. Shaq had to tell them to stop LOL.

Unfortunately they're not very creative. If they wanted to swing at his ego, they should have been yelling backpack or triple single.

Think they could have gotten creative if Shaq didn't scare them off lol
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 29,080

Post#139 » by azcatz11 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:07 am

cdubbz wrote:

Another wild comment.

I think Draymond is good tbh. I get why people hate the dude but you can't deny his talent as far as being an analyst. He's very entertaining also.

Vince Carter has the personality of a clam
BmanInBigD
Sixth Man
And1: 667

Post#140 » by BmanInBigD » Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 am

Much as I hate Draymond the player, he’s miles ahead of Shaq on the show. Shaq’s childish humor is occasionally funny but his dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks act has worn thin on me. Time to move him on and let him do stupid commercials. That’s his jam.
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.

Return to The General Board