2016-17 MVP Discussion Thread Pt 2

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who will win MVP?

Curry
3%
Durant
1%
Harden
31%
LeBron
12%
Leonard
17%
Westbrook
30%
Other
6%

Total votes: 358

BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Re: 2016-17 MVP Discussion Thread Pt 2 

Post#1301 » by BallerTalk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 am

bondom34 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
However, that hasn't stopped many Westbrook supporters from falling back on the triple double argument when confronted with the fact that Harden is putting up nearly identical numbers more efficiently and with greater team success.

I haven't seen this. I have seen them argue Westbrook is having a better season as a player while carrying a worse team to relative success, while Harden's supporters consistently fall back to "well what he's doing isn't so good". If your case for MVP consistently relies on trying to make someone else look worse, it's not that perfect a case. Efficiency isn't equivalent to offense, and though it's an arbitrary cutoff it still is a feat not done in a long time.

As well, if you see Wilt's stats when Oscar won MVP, that's why.

If you haven't seen it I have to believe it's because you refuse to. Repeatedly in this very thread the assertion has been made that the triple double is justification enough to give Westbrook the MVP and should end all conversation.

Also, my case has always been that Harden is simply having a better season, so please burn that straw man about making someone else look worse.

I'd like to see these people you claim argue Westbrook is having a better season so that I can learn what possible facts they have to support that position aside from the 2 rebounds giving him the triple double.
I honestly see none.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#1302 » by BallerTalk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:30 am

ThomYorke wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Didn't Bill Russell win the MVP that year?

Yes, he did.
Bondom's Wilt is a red herring. :lol:
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Tritodian
Junior
And1: 464

Post#1303 » by Tritodian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
bondom34 wrote:1. It's really not though. I don't think Harden is a better decision maker at all, he's more TO prone, he's just better at getting to the line. He's not a terribly better shooter, and to this point turns it over more often.

Points per touch is indicating he's more efficient each time he touches the ball which to me would indicate the opposite.

How Westbrook was "groomed" isn't really relevant to how either is playing currently when our only current goal is to measure just that, not more.

2. Yes. I think Westbrook could do similar. I think Curry could. To be totally honest I think most any offensively skilled PG would look pretty similarly amazing under MDA. He's done this with Jeremy Lin, I'm not counting out a high caliber PG from doing more.

As well, I'm more confused because of your use of plus/minus except when they seem to finally favor Westbrook. RPM is favoring him, and I get the box score portion but BPM alone has been shown to have predictive value as well.

1. Houston is running an offense utterly dominated by Harden's primacy, they are doing it with a far-beyond-reckless approach to scoring where Harden is regularly making ultra-long passes on a level I don't think we've ever seen anyone do before, and this is leading to the #1 offense in the league with a TO% that is pretty normal in the NBA.

I don't think it makes sense to say that Harden is turnover prone simply because in the course of this task he personally commits more turnovers than others.

Re: not really a terribly better shooter. Dude, I thought you were the one trying to excuse Westbrook's decision making based on his weaker shooting. To me though it seems like a distinction without difference though here.

Re: groomed irrelevant. Just making a statement about how I see things.

2. Okay, I really don't understand how you say this and your not going nuts at how amazing D'Antoni is then. You think he can run a 115+ ORtg with basically any skilled point guard. That's an insane coaching ability.

Re: BPM is predictive. It's predictive but it has consistent biases. The biases don't make it useless were there no other metrics to use, but there are other metrics.

Re: "You like +/- except when it favors Westbrook", yeah that's where I feel ya. From my perspective I'm saying the same stuff I always said but I understand why it wouldn't seem that way to others.

Alright, home for the weekend :).

1. Except Houston's offense runs fine when Harden sits. His primacy is great but it's not like there's a total ineptitude when he takes a breath on the bench. MDA's run offenses with no talent that have been pretty decent.

And calling Harden TO prone because he commits a lot of TOs seems pretty appropriate. He's always done so, but he's doing it even more this year.

I wasn't excusing decision making based on shooting. Both guys comitt a lot of TOs (Harden relatively more via TO percentage), but claiming Harden is more efficient based on a higher TS isn't representing that they're pretty similar shooting this year. Harden's a better shooter but it's not like he's Curry either.

2. I love what MDA is doing. Never said otherwise. He ran a 111 offense with Ray Felton and half a season of Melo, Harden's a vastly better player and this roster has more offensive talent then that one.

Re: BPM/biases. You could say the same about any metric. So does RAPM, yet it seems they're rarely brought up. When we've got RPM and BPM, it's what I'll use.

Re: The last part, I really feel like there's a big bias here and it's why we both struggle with this topic. I know I'm a bit biased but I think you are too on this topic. There's some "ideal" player that doesn't really exist and it's not what Russ does to you. The thing is, he does nearly everything Harden does except draw fouls and if I'm taking one of the two to start a team it's Westbrook, there's certainly no clear gap as to who's the better of the two.

To this point, OKC's roster is at where it is not because they're faiing when Westbrook is on court, but because they're a -11 when he sits. I posted the bench numbers, where they're literally worse than the Nets bench. His backup PG was in Italy a year ago and taken in the mid 50s in the draft a couple years back. Other than that Kanter and Abrines are solid bench options who have obvious defensive limitations, and the rest of the roster might have 2 2way players at most in Oladipo and Adams, with Gibson just added for maybe a 3rd. To add to it the entire year the starting lineup was suffering because of starting a rookie at the PF. The new starting lineup is around a plus 25 net rating.

1. Harden has been a much better outside shooter than Westbrook throughout his career - just not this season. Westbrook has improved his 3PT shooting while Harden's shooting has been declining, so the gap is closed quite a bit if we only look at the 3PT shooting ability. But overall, Harden is still much efficient scorer and not just because of his ability to get to the free throw line.

There is a stat called eFG% which strictly measures players' shooting efficiency (2PT+3PT combined.) It doesn't take into account FTs and if you look at the numbers, Harden is actually pretty good scorer even without the help of FTs. In fact, it's actually Westbrook who begins to look pedestrian once you take away all the free gimmes he accumulates throughout the whole game.

eFG% (League average : 50%)
Harden 53.1%
Westbrook 46.8%

The reason why Harden has far superior TS% despite Westbrook averaging similar free throw attempts and making them at similar rates is because Harden is far better scorer inside the arc (53.4 2PT% vs Westbrook's 45.2 2PT%). In fact, if Harden didn't take so many threes - which hurts any player's overall FG% - the gap in FG% between him and Westbrook would be much bigger than it is now.

In the end, Harden is scoring 29 PPG on 62 TS% and 53 eFG%. That is pretty god damn impressive, and has only been achieved 8 times before in NBA (https://tinyurl.com/k38vq7g), while putting up near triple-double average himself. Westbrook is doing some great things too, but he's nowhere as efficient as Harden is when it comes to pure scoring.

2. Even if we go by overall impact on the offensive side of the ball, Harden still has better ORPM and OWS. Westbrook has better OBPM, but BPM is notoriously skewed by rebounding figures and collinearity, so I think it's fair to say Harden is having a better offensive season than Westbrook in general.

3. Harden is very turnover prone, but so is Westbrook. FWIW, Harden has slightly better AST/TOV ratio than Russ, but I agree that when it comes to play-making ability, Westbrook is not that far behind. I used to regard Westbrook as a mediocre passer, but he's changed my mind lately.

4. One strong argument for Russ is the sheer impact he's having on his team. While I still think Harden should win the MVP award over Westbrook, OKC does really suck when Westbrook sits out unlike Houston, and that's a fair point to make. But this can't be the sole argument since traditionally MVP award is not necessarily given to the most impactful player in the league. By that measure, Bill Russell or Tim Duncan should have never gotten any, and Harden should've been the MVP over Curry in the 14-15 season. It may be not fair, but team success is and always will be a huge factor in these kinds of awards.

5. One final point : People forget that Harden is just two rebounds per game short from averaging triple-double himself. And given that we're comparing two players in the guard position where rebounding is the least of anyone's concern, and given Westbrook's well-documented tendency to inflate his rebounding numbers, this gap of 2 rebounds per game is nowhere enough to justify the discrepancy in team success between the two. On top of that, Harden has been a much efficient scorer as well as slightly better passer.

Yes, OKC does have worse roster, but not as much as people think. If it weren't for Lou Williams acquisition (who brings similar value as Taj Gibson + McDermott combined IMO), Houston would be in serious trouble right now because guys like Gordon, Ariza, and Dekker have been laying bricks for months since the beginning of the new year. If people still think Eric Gordon is much better than Oladipo, just have a look at their numbers now because they're pretty much identical, and that's with Oladipo being a much better defender.
Tritodian
Junior

Post#1304 » by Tritodian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:34 pm

deleted
Tritodian
Junior

Post#1305 » by Tritodian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm

deleted
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,976

Re: RE: Re: 2016-17 MVP Discussion Thread Pt 2 

Post#1306 » by K_chile22 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:45 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Hindenburg wrote:anyone see this Morey's tweet?

Morey campaigning. Harden deserves his credit too but this is corny. Really not a good look to me, and I'd say the same of Presti.

Edit: And do people really believe this is the only reason he's in the MVP race? Because he'd be having just as good a season averaging 9 rebounds or assists or whatever. That's not why he should be in this.

I totally get why people pick Harden but calling that the only reason is kind of ludicrous. To add to the fact that even then, it's still the first time any of us has actually been alive to see this and yet people won't even enjoy it and would rather find ways to downplay it.

It's not the reason some are picking him, but it's the only reason he could win. It may not be your reason but it is the reason.

Honestly if he falls to 9 assists do you think he'd have a real shot at winning? I dont think so, right or wrong
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,555

Post#1307 » by nbafan38 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Westbrook need to focus on wins and not triple doubles if he wants mvp. If he gets Thunder to the 4 seed that would impress me way more than if he gets triple doubles record at this point
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,217

Post#1308 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
However, that hasn't stopped many Westbrook supporters from falling back on the triple double argument when confronted with the fact that Harden is putting up nearly identical numbers more efficiently and with greater team success.

I haven't seen this. I have seen them argue Westbrook is having a better season as a player while carrying a worse team to relative success, while Harden's supporters consistently fall back to "well what he's doing isn't so good". If your case for MVP consistently relies on trying to make someone else look worse, it's not that perfect a case. Efficiency isn't equivalent to offense, and though it's an arbitrary cutoff it still is a feat not done in a long time.

If you haven't seen it I have to believe it's because you refuse to. Repeatedly in this very thread the assertion has been made that the triple double is justification enough to give Westbrook the MVP and should end all conversation.

Also, my case has always been that Harden is simply having a better season, so please burn that straw man about making someone else look worse.

I'd like to see these people you claim argue Westbrook is having a better season so that I can learn what possible facts they have to support that position aside from the 2 rebounds giving him the triple double.
I honestly see none.

Sorry, but I never said you had to believe a bunch of random posters in this thread.

And you can believe that but I've shown evidence otherwise, as have quite a few others, if you don't care to agree and ignore that you are free to as well. Heck it just came up on the PC board.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1540996

So 75 percent of people already think Westbrook is better. And that's not just me?

So that should pretty well cover your last point as well. Please make your case there, because if you want to point to me as being on some island clearly I'm not, and frankly I don't care much about what anyone in this thread thinks because of what I just said, people here post poorly thought opinions much more than the PC board, which is why I post there more. Don't even quote me here please, I'l be done itt here since it's been apparently overtaken by anyone with a voice to just trash someone because they think 2 rebounds is a difference.

Peace.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1309 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
ThomYorke wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Didn't Bill Russell win the MVP that year?

Yes, he did.
Bondom's Wilt is a red herring. :lol:

You are correct, posted the year before. Russell put up 24/19/5. And yes that's still better than the difference of 2 rebounds you claim to think is the only justification.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: 2016-17 MVP Discussion Thread Pt 2 

Post#1310 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Hindenburg wrote:anyone see this Morey's tweet?

Morey campaigning. Harden deserves his credit too but this is corny. Really not a good look to me, and I'd say the same of Presti.

Edit: And do people really believe this is the only reason he's in the MVP race? Because he'd be having just as good a season averaging 9 rebounds or assists or whatever. That's not why he should be in this.

I totally get why people pick Harden but calling that the only reason is kind of ludicrous. To add to the fact that even then, it's still the first time any of us has actually been alive to see this and yet people won't even enjoy it and would rather find ways to downplay it.

It's not the reason some are picking him, but it's the only reason he could win. It may not be your reason but it is the reason.

Honestly if he falls to 9 assists do you think he'd have a real shot at winning? I dont think so, right or wrong

It's really not, it's because he's got a fantastic case for the better season by a better player. See above link.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1311 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Tritodian wrote:1. Harden has been a much better outside shooter than Westbrook throughout his career - just not this season. Westbrook has improved his 3PT shooting while Harden's shooting has been declining, so the gap is closed quite a bit if we only look at the 3PT shooting ability. But overall, Harden is still much efficient scorer and not just because of his ability to get to the free throw line.

There is a stat called eFG% which strictly measures players' shooting efficiency (2PT+3PT combined.) It doesn't take into account FTs and if you look at the numbers, Harden is actually pretty good scorer even without the help of FTs. In fact, it's actually Westbrook who begins to look pedestrian once you take away all the free gimmes he accumulates throughout the whole game.

eFG% (League average : 50%)
Harden 53.1%
Westbrook 46.8%

The reason why Harden has far superior TS% despite Westbrook averaging similar free throw attempts and making them at similar rates is because Harden is far better scorer inside the arc (53.4 2PT% vs Westbrook's 45.2 2PT%). In fact, if Harden didn't take so many threes - which hurts any player's overall FG% - the gap in FG% between him and Westbrook would be much bigger than it is now.

In the end, Harden is scoring 29 PPG on 62 TS% and 53 eFG%. That is pretty god damn impressive, and has only been achieved 8 times before in NBA (https://tinyurl.com/k38vq7g), while putting up near triple-double average himself. Westbrook is doing some great things too, but he's nowhere as efficient as Harden is when it comes to pure scoring.

2. Even if we go by overall impact on the offensive side of the ball, Harden still has better ORPM and OWS. Westbrook has better OBPM, but BPM is notoriously skewed by rebounding figures and collinearity, so I think it's fair to say Harden is having a better offensive season than Westbrook in general.

3. Harden is very turnover prone, but so is Westbrook. FWIW, Harden has slightly better AST/TOV ratio than Russ, but I agree that when it comes to play-making ability, Westbrook is not that far behind. I used to regard Westbrook as a mediocre passer, but he's changed my mind lately.

4. One strong argument for Russ is the sheer impact he's having on his team. While I still think Harden should win the MVP award over Westbrook, OKC does really suck when Westbrook sits out unlike Houston, and that's a fair point to make. But this can't be the sole argument since traditionally MVP award is not necessarily given to the most impactful player in the league. By that measure, Bill Russell or Tim Duncan should have never gotten any, and Harden should've been the MVP over Curry in the 14-15 season. It may be not fair, but team success is and always will be a huge factor in these kinds of awards.

5. One final point : People forget that Harden is just two rebounds per game short from averaging triple-double himself. And given that we're comparing two players in the guard position where rebounding is the least of anyone's concern, and given Westbrook's well-documented tendency to inflate his rebounding numbers, this gap of 2 rebounds per game is nowhere enough to justify the discrepancy in team success between the two. On top of that, Harden has been a much efficient scorer as well as slightly better passer.

Yes, OKC does have worse roster, but not as much as people think. If it weren't for Lou Williams acquisition (who brings similar value as Taj Gibson + McDermott combined IMO), Houston would be in serious trouble right now because guys like Gordon, Ariza, and Dekker have been laying bricks for months since the beginning of the new year. If people still think Eric Gordon is much better than Oladipo, just have a look at their numbers now because they're pretty much identical, and that's with Oladipo being a much better defender.

1. I never said Westbrook was having the better offensive season, I said it was close (it is) and his overall impact is greater (it is). He's the better player, having a better season. Again I'm not alone on this, though apparently this thread seems to live on it's island apart from the rest of the NBA world. As well, OWS is biased more toward efficiency and scoring, so discounting BPM and counting OWS is a bit disingenuous.

2. I agree both turn it over a lot, but Harden moreso. Using TO's as a measure against Westbrook and not Harden is my gripe. Or simply ignoring TOs from Harden like they don't exist.

3. I'm not arguing even Russ getting votes, I've accepted he's not winning. But it's a poor criteria when a better player having a better season is punished because his team is worse. I've aways felt that way, always will.

4. This is fine. But Harden's rebounds are equally inflated and he's pulling in nearly identical "contested" rebounds. This gap doesn't matter, what does is the impact each has on the team and the simple fact that Westbrook having a better overall season is enough reason that he should win the award (though won't).

5. As for rosters, this doesn't at all account for why when Harden sits, his team still rolls around a 112 O rating. If I change that to "since January 1", the offense is BETTER with Harden on the bench.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612745/onoffcourt-advanced/?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DateFrom=01%2F01%2F2017&DateTo=03%2F24%2F2017

So if you'd explain why the cast isn't vastly better, it should take into account how Harden's team can literally improve it's offensive output when he's sat, while Westbrook's is about the worst in the NBA. People keep saying there's not a big difference, sorry, but the numbers don't at all bear this out and just repeating there's not a difference isn't showing there's not. There is.

Now I'll let everyone alone to post their normal reasons Westbrook doesn't deserve the award and Harden does.

Enjoy the thread, if you want to discredit Westbrook to prop Harden that's great (not you specifically but the trend itt) it shows how weak you think his case must be.

No, it's not because of 2 rebounds Westbrook is better. It's because of literally everything else. I totally get voting for Harden, he's entirely deserving, but trying to make it sound so by either saying it's because of 2 rebounds (which isn't true) or simply discrediting Westbrook is just showing a poor case being made.

Remembering why I stick on the PC board. If people think 2 rebounds is the reason someone is MVP, that's probably an opinion to ignore. 2 rebounds do matter, but anyone basing MVP solely on a box score isn't doing anything right.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1312 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm

To be clear again (last post itt) I'm NOT saying Harden doesn't deserve it, he absolutely does. Problem is I think Westbrook does moreso, and have made that case. It's not 2 rebounds. I also understand anyone making a case for Harden. My only gripe is trying to downplay Westbrook to prop up Harden or make it seem like an open/shut case, or to simply say Harden's having a better season when that's certainly at most debatable, and to some not even that.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,185

Post#1313 » by DarkAzcura » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:02 pm

I think this is Harden's to lose honestly. Surprised he isn't running away with it in most people's mind TBH.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#1314 » by StepBackCrack » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:29 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:I think this is Harden's to lose honestly. Surprised he isn't running away with it in most people's mind TBH.

Agreed. 17 Harden's MVP case is as strong as 14 Durant MVP case for me. He is the clear MVP this season.
Gil
Starter
And1: 1,283

Post#1315 » by Gil » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 am

Is Kawhi still in the race? He was building a lot of hype after that clutch 3 & then block on Harden a few weeks ago.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Post#1316 » by QPR » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 am

nbafan38 wrote:Westbrook need to focus on wins and not triple doubles if he wants mvp. If he gets Thunder to the 4 seed that would impress me way more than if he gets triple doubles record at this point

You probably want to look at OKC's record when he does and doesn't triple double before making generalised statements like this.
Gil
Starter
And1: 1,283

Post#1317 » by Gil » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:56 am

Read on Twitter
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,996

Post#1318 » by RCM88x » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 am

Gil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Houston has definitely exceeded expectations, but that's a huge portion of the momentum behind Harden. However the reason they had poor expectations is because of how bad they were last year...

Very good chance that OKC also exceeded their expectations though, 13 games left and 4 wins needed.

But that doesn't change the fact that judging supporting cast on preseason W/L totals is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#1319 » by LivingLegend » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 am

Here is the stat that cannot be overlooked when comparing the 2. All time turnover record. James Harden has absolutly obliterated HIS OWN all time turnover record and there is still 15 games left to play. Harden is going to wind up with OVER 800 turnovers in the past 2 seasons. That is absolutely inexcusable. Westbrook is going to finish 2nd all time in turnovers after this year as well.

1. James Harden---408 Turnovers----2016/2017
2. James Harden---374 Turnovers---2015/2016
3. Russell Westbrook---370 Turnovers---2016/2017
4. Artis Gilmore---366 Turnovers---1977/1978
5. Kevin Porter---360 Turnovers---1977/1978
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#1320 » by LivingLegend » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 am

I also think people look at raw stats FAR too much when evaluating the MVP. It basically comes down to who is averaging the most PTS/REB/AST and defense isnt even included. When you look at the actual numbers, percentages and efficiency---LeBron is the MVP.

Who team is the #1 Seed? LeBron
Who is shooting the highest FG% of the 3? LeBron
Who is shooting the highest 3pt% of the 3? LeBron
Who has the best On/Off of the 3? LeBron
Who has the least amount of turnovers of the 3? LeBron
Whose team is 1-7 without him playing? LeBron
There are 57 players in the NBA shooting 13+ shots a night. Of the 57 who has the highest shooting %? LeBron. Westbrook is 54th.
Who is the best defender of the 3? LeBron
Who has the best +/- of the 3? LeBron

As far as Kawhi---LeBrons is the better rebounder, passer and equal in scoring. As far as his defense, Spurs defense is 9 point BETTER with Kawhi OFF the court than it is on. His defense gets slightly overstated this year since he has to take more offensive load.

Kawhi's ON/OFF- +1.4 pts
Harden ON/OFF- +5.5 pts
Westbrook ON/OFF- 11.1 pts
LeBron ON/OFF- +15.1 pts

4th QTR FG%

Kawhi- 30th
Harden- 64th
Westbrook- 44th
LeBron- 1st

As the guy on ESPN said. We need to stop trying to find reasons to NOT give LeBron the MVP. He is recognized as the best player by everybody in the world playing on the #1 seed playing 10x more efficient basketball than the other candidates.

Return to The General Board