Hypothetically, does a healthy Markelle Fultz put Orlando ahead of Philly & Boston?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Poll

Yes
10%
No
90%

Total votes: 269

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Hypothetically, does a healthy Markelle Fultz put Orlando ahead of Philly & Boston? 

Post#141 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 am

SHAQ32 wrote:G Markelle Fultz
G Evan Fournier
F Aaron Gordon
F Johnathan Isaac
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
T. Ross
M. Bamba
D. Augustin
A. Aminu

Absolutely, not! No way.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,085

Re: Hypothetically, does a healthy Markelle Fultz put Orlando ahead of Philly & Boston? 

Post#142 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
TheRealKaboom wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
It's been answered a thousand times in literally every thread that comes up about him.
If you know the question of how he was injured was already answered, then tell us.

How was he injured? It's a very simple question.

Go for it, we'll wait.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Markelle Fultz must have hurt you, your Mom, and your Girl. You have a deep rage and hatred about him that doesn't even make sense.

He’s relentless enough that I’ve entertained suspicions he’s a bot or burner account of some kind. This thread hasn’t made me any less suspicious.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#143 » by downtownpie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:29 am

G Evan Fournier
F Aaron Gordon
F Johnathan Isaac
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
T. Ross
M. Bamba
D. Augustin
A. Aminu

Nup. Not even if he was as advertised are they beating philly.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,144

Post#144 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Bookmarked

Sure you want to do that to yourself?

Of course you could end up right, but what in the history of this whole saga that started months before the draft gives you confidence that you will be enough to bookmark this thread?

To be honest was thinking of bookmarking this thread as well just for the 3 or so people in here with a deep seeded hatred of a 20 year old kid that hasn't done anything to anyone. All I need to see from him is him being on the court and not being worse than Jerian Grant. Not too high of expectation.

But I know that would drive them crazy. The way they're speaking as if it's a forgone conclusion that he's healthy AND a bum is not gonna fly with me if he gets back on that court.

Some people need to start eating some crow around here when it comes to trashing players and teams. This place is so damn negative.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#145 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:37 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
TheRealKaboom wrote:If you know the question of how he was injured was already answered, then tell us.

Go for it, we'll wait.

Markelle Fultz must have hurt you, your Mom, and your Girl. You have a deep rage and hatred about him that doesn't even make sense.

He’s relentless enough that I’ve entertained suspicions he’s a bot or burner account of some kind. This thread hasn’t made me any less suspicious.

It's just strange. It doesn't seem like he's a Philly fan, so he can't be hurt there. Fultz didn't make a power shift move like James or Durant. So not there either. He isn't out there screaming, yelling, gloating, kicking people like a Draymond or Beverly. So can't be that.

Not sure why he hates a kid that was traded for nothing and given space and time to work out whatever his problem is, whether it's due to injury or not.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,085

Post#146 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:44 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Markelle Fultz must have hurt you, your Mom, and your Girl. You have a deep rage and hatred about him that doesn't even make sense.

It's just strange. It doesn't seem like he's a Philly fan, so he can't be hurt there. Fultz didn't do a power shift move like James or Durant. So not there either. He isn't out there screaming, yelling, gloating, kicking people like a Draymond or Beverly. So can't be that.

Not sure why he hates a kid that was traded for nothing and given space and time to work out whatever his problem is, whether it's due to injury or not.

Exactly. He keeps his head down and works hard. No doubt it’s been a bizarre series of events but nothing that warrants character sabotage.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#147 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:51 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

It's just strange. It doesn't seem like he's a Philly fan, so he can't be hurt there. Fultz didn't do a power shift move like James or Durant. So not there either. He isn't out there screaming, yelling, gloating, kicking people like a Draymond or Beverly. So can't be that.

Exactly. He keeps his head down and works hard. No doubt it’s been a bizarre series of events but nothing that warrants character sabotage.

Ironically, the two people that should be hating on him the most are the two defending him and wanting to see him succeed. You and Dorkestra should be hating on him but think more logically and calmly then most here. Which is probably against RealGM rules or something.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#148 » by dorkestra » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 am

As constructed, I think the Magic are better than the Celtics. If the Sixers had a key injury and Fultz plays well, that's also not out of the realm of possibility. Orlando has gotten underrated like Sacramento used to be.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
dorkestra
RealGM

Post#149 » by dorkestra » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:54 am

You can buy low on Orlando, Atlanta, and Chicago right now
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#150 » by NickAnderson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:41 am

He was traded for a guy that is a free agent and hasn’t even been signed yet and a 2nd round pick :lol:
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,654

Post#151 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:46 am

Based on what we've seen of Fultz in the NBA, he would be an all star with the jumper he had in college and the confidence that would come with it.
His story is really weird, but such weirdness leaves open the possibility he could recover out of nowhere... unless something really happened (like the accident someone suggests).

It would be really entertaining to see it happen, though, rooting for him.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#152 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:56 pm

dorkestra wrote:As constructed, I think the Magic are better than the Celtics. If the Sixers had a key injury and Fultz plays well, that's also not out of the realm of possibility. Orlando has gotten underrated like Sacramento used to be.

yeah, and you also said the sixers would easily beat the celtics in the playoffs 2 years ago, so take that opinion with a haters grain of salt.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#153 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:08 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
G Evan Fournier
F Aaron Gordon
F Johnathan Isaac
C Nikola Vucevic

Bench
T. Ross
M. Bamba
D. Augustin
A. Aminu

I like Orlando and what they are trying to do, but they are not very good at developing players
so I mean unless Isaac and Fultz both played like they were seasoned all stars next season there is
no chance they are good enough to beat Philly in a 7 game series

They aren't? Vuc is an All-Star on the Orlando Magic. He's been here since his second season. AG is one step away from that and I feel he will surprise people this season. Isaac is only in his 3rd season, but more like his second since he was injured almost his entire rookie season. Bamba was injured as well slightly after it looked like he was picking it up. Tobias Harris broke out in Orlando. Fournier has been a good SG every year but the last one and is one of the clutchest players in the NBA. The Magic even found and developed a nice role player in E'Twaun Moore.

Oladipo is the only guy people like to base their opinion on and that wasn't due to a lack of player development. The Magic ownership wanted to start winning before Rich Devos died and were up against the cap and made a decision between Oladipo and Fournier at that SG spot. They chose wrong, obviously, but it wasn't due to lack of developing him.

The rest were bums or mediocre and no one was saving them. Every team gets busts in the draft. Payton was the best player besides those I mentioned but he refused to cut his hair here and he also had/has a terrible motor. Not much the Magic can control there. Hezonja is a bum.

Not sure why people continue spouting that nonsense about the Magic being terrible at developing young players. Meanwhile, teams like the Suns get a pass a lot of the time because their guys put up big stats on terrible teams.

TRoss and Vuc are the best players on that roster...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
dorkestra
RealGM

Post#154 » by dorkestra » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
dorkestra wrote:As constructed, I think the Magic are better than the Celtics. If the Sixers had a key injury and Fultz plays well, that's also not out of the realm of possibility. Orlando has gotten underrated like Sacramento used to be.

yeah, and you also said the sixers would easily beat the celtics in the playoffs 2 years ago, so take that opinion with a haters grain of salt.

Not everything that is likely to happen always does. The Sixers were heavy favorites in that series. Its not like I was going out in a limb. But if you have to go back several years to a point where my opinion was also the consensus, seems like a pretty solid track record. I appreciate that even you have acknowledged that.

Celtics fans like yourself thought Celtics would be contenders last year and adding talent in this off season. As it turns out the team flopped and lost their best players to division rivals.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#155 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:57 pm

No, it doesn't. If you would have just said Boston I think it would have been a much better debate but a healthy Markelle does not in any way put you ahead of Philly next year. Philly and Boston are in two completely different tiers.
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#156 » by TheRealKaboom » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:07 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
TheRealKaboom wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
It's been answered a thousand times in literally every thread that comes up about him.
If you know the question of how he was injured was already answered, then tell us.

Go for it, we'll wait.

No hatred or ill will towards Fultz at all. He isn't even in the equation.

It's just that it's been fascinating watching GB tell us for years now, and counting, that Fultz was injured without anyone being able to say how or when he was ever injured. It's a game at this point, a game I can never lose. :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,959

Post#157 » by basketballRob » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:51 pm

TheRealKaboom wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
TheRealKaboom wrote:If you know the question of how he was injured was already answered, then tell us.

Go for it, we'll wait.

No hatred or ill will towards Fultz at all. He isn't even in the equation.

It's just that it's been fascinating watching GB tell us for years now, and counting, that Fultz was injured without anyone being able to say how or when he was ever injured. It's a game at this point, a game I can never lose.
Meanwhile Fultz is 21 now after all those years.

Sorry, I just think that even if he didn't have an injury that he wasn't ready for the NBA. Hopefully he's ready now. Very rarely do players ever do much when they're 20 and under anyway.

One good sign is that he's been working out with Magic coaches for months now

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#158 » by VDT » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:04 pm

This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads in the last months. No idea why it is still running.

Regardless of how good Orlando is, if you didnt know better you would think that Fultz is some game changing star and not an unproven player trying to stay in the league.

Return to The General Board