"If Westbrook don't be careful, he will find himself out of the league come next year"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,715

Re: "If Westbrook don't be careful, he will find himself out of the league come next year" 

Post#141 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:58 am

Another strong game for Russ, 18/6/7 on 50% FG with 5 steals.

Harden should make things a lot easier for Russ IMO.

3-1 Clips face the Lakers tomorrow night.
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
HotRocks34
RealGM

Re: "If Westbrook don't be careful, he will find himself out of the league come next year" 

Post#142 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:27 am

Read on Twitter
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#143 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:29 am

Read on Twitter
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,460

Post#144 » by Lalouie » Wed Nov 1, 2023 10:56 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"comfort zone",,,,

IF lebron is this so-called great 5position player, HE could have helped westbrook along if he wanted. why was it all on westbrook to change. that scenario made ZERO sense to me at the very start - that westbrook had to change and not lebron. everybody in the known basketball universe knows that westbrook plays best in a very particular environment. he has limits but excels within those limits

but then lebron never changes. wade had to accept lebron and he gave up his role, not lebron
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,557

Post#145 » by KrAzY3 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:09 am

Lalouie wrote:"comfort zone",,,,

IF lebron is this so-called great 5position player, HE could have helped westbrook along if he wanted. why was it all on westbrook to change. that scenario made ZERO sense to me at the very start - that westbrook had to change and not lebron. everybody in the known basketball universe knows that westbrook plays best in a very particular environment. he has limits but excels within those limits

but then lebron never changes. wade had to accept lebron and he gave up his role, not lebron

I said when the Lakers got Westbrook something had to give, and then I pointed out that no matter what, no matter who LeBron was playing with he always got his.

Check the stats. LeBron is going to get his points, rebounds, and assists. Does it matter if Bosh's rebounds goes down dramatically? Does it matter if Love's rebounds go down dramatically, and do we really believe either of those are actually worse rebounders than LeBron? Why were they the ones who had to give way?

So yeah, it was that sort of scenario. LeBron was gonna get his...
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,460

Post#146 » by Lalouie » Wed Nov 1, 2023 12:13 pm

KrAzY3 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:"comfort zone",,,,

I said when the Lakers got Westbrook something had to give, and then I pointed out that no matter what, no matter who LeBron was playing with he always got his.

Check the stats. LeBron is going to get his points, rebounds, and assists.
Does it matter if Bosh's rebounds goes down dramatically? Does it matter if Love's rebounds go down dramatically, and do we really believe either of those are actually worse rebounders than LeBron? Why were they the ones who had to give way?

So yeah, it was that sort of scenario. LeBron was gonna get his...

i'm fully aware dude, you're talking to the chorus. he had a top5 heat team in 2pt% and 3pt% in the top 10 and the top defensive team. and he still had to get his 28ppg. "pass first player" my @rse.

i always purported that if lebron was like magic johnson he would have 2 more rings
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,714

Post#147 » by og15 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:47 pm

Lalouie wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"comfort zone",,,,

Well the Clippers are also simply a much better fit. Kawhi and George aren't having to adjust anything because neither of them are point guards. They have needed a point guard and primary ball handler so they can focus on being scorers and secondary playmakers.

So of course it's easier to fit and be in a comfort zone when no one really has to change much.

LeBron and Westbrook were never a good paper fit, and even the rest of the Lakers roster was pretty questionable for having those two on the floor together.

Even if LeBron for example played the pass first role, it would require the ball in his hands a lot and would still make Westbrook an awkward fit. The Lakers were hoping to out talent teams, more so than out strategize them, because the strategy of the pairing of Westbrook, LeBron, AD was never a superior one.
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,198

Post#148 » by TheWitcher » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:21 pm

Who wants to be in that toxic Lakers situation? LeQing putting his hand in Anthony day to Davis' taco Tuesday's. Rooting for Russ and this Clippers team this season.
MoneyMo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#149 » by MoneyMo » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:55 am

No more updates? :(

He's always a part of some units that are doing good. Harden has killed his role on the team however. He will probably get benched soon.
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,822

Post#150 » by ryguy613 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:51 am

Lalouie wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"comfort zone",,,,

sniff sniff... LeBwon couwdve hewped Westbwook awong if he wanted. :lol:
MoneyMo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#151 » by MoneyMo » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:26 am

13 mins, 1-8, 3 points, and 2 assists.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,271

Post#152 » by bigboi » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:46 am

Russ needs to come to the Cs. We could use him on the second unit
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 6,015

Post#153 » by Rainwater » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:17 am

MoneyMo wrote:13 mins, 1-8, 3 points, and 2 assists.

Harden really f’d up the clips. Westbrook was fine until he came along.
Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 449

Post#154 » by Deshaun Taden » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:38 am

Westbrook right now just does not look playable, his falloff looks worse than Melo, Blake, Millsap and DeAndre Jordan. All those guys got benched and eventually dumped, from team to team. DJ accepted the bench role and is an NBA champion that gets retained for culture, Westbrook has an opportunity to make that same transition but I kind of doubt he is capable of it. I don't actually know his mindset though, maybe he does, maybe the Clippers make a run, and it all becomes a cool story for SoCal in June. But eh, I won't hold my breath.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 9,040

Post#155 » by Heej » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:05 am

Why would LeBron make Russell miss all those jumpshots and layups this season? Terrible leader
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
ChartFiction
Starter
And1: 2,818

Post#156 » by ChartFiction » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:17 am

Russ is around the age where most players retire so it isnt that crazy that hes on a downtrend now
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,445

Post#157 » by KyRo23 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:17 am

TheWitcher wrote:Who wants to be in that toxic Lakers situation? LeQing putting his hand in Anthony day to Davis' taco Tuesday's. Rooting for Russ and this Clippers team this season.

Yeah because playing with Harden and KL is super non toxic historically. You nailed it
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,399

Post#158 » by lambchop » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:53 am

Heej wrote:Why would LeBron make Russell miss all those jumpshots and layups this season? Terrible leader

Typical bronsexual reaction. As usual, you're forgetting that Ty Lue was LBJ's coach and they agreed this summer that Lue would use Black magic on Westbeast to impact his shooting.

There's actually a verse in a Drake song that describes how that works. I saw it on a podcast. I'll look for the episode soon. I think it's the song where drake says "like a light, like a light" and it's referring how westbrook's vision will be impaired by sudden bright floodlights when attempting shots.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,431

Post#159 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:13 am

His PER is lower on the clippers this year than it was on the lakers and he's an inefficient player. He's also getting only 5 assists per game. He turns it over a lot. I'm not certain he's undergoing any kind of career resurrection while becoming a statisticly worse player, or how he would.

I will say people appreciate Westbrook more on a minimum contract than a maximum type contract, and that's kind of absurd. So the opinion on a player will shift year to year when he signs his new contract more reflective of actual ability IMO.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,038

Post#160 » by Dirk » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:52 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Another strong game for Russ, 18/6/7 on 50% FG with 5 steals.

Harden should make things a lot easier for Russ IMO.

3-1 Clips face the Lakers tomorrow night.

Lebron crew slandering Russ. We need you to set them straight.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board