Jokic: "Why did you wave at the crowd?" ANT:(points @ scoreboard)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

shrink
RealGM
And1: 16,349

Re: Jokic: "Why did you wave at the crowd?" ANT:(points @ scoreboard) 

Post#141 » by shrink » Wed May 22, 2024 3:11 am

Pablo Escobar wrote:Kcp should've knocked out Mcdaniels for that bs dunk attempt.

Why? Regardless of whether you think McDaniels should or shouldn’t have done it, why would you want a player to knock another player out? Is this part of your normal life?
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,679

Post#142 » by Wingy » Wed May 22, 2024 3:12 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
MrGoat wrote:What McDaniels did was the real breach of etiquette, no one would have blamed KCP for flagrant 2ing him right there.

Bah. I don’t care. Tired of idiotic unwritten rules. As long as he doesn’t yuck it up in a Denver player’s face, or get ridiculously out of hand in celebration of it, I just don’t care.

Just because you personally dont care doesnt mean it wasnt classless. I dont think Edwards waving at the crowd was a big deal but McDaniels attempted dunk at the end was classless, but they are young.

Classless according to what? To who?

Stupid unwritten rules.

That’s what established “class” and it makes no sense as long as you’re not taunting the opponent. Play defense, and play hard til the end, and he doesn’t even have a chance to attempt that.

What’s more classless is the defending champs quitting in a game 7 with over 27 seconds left only down 7 when we’ve seen things like McGrady’s 13 in 33 seconds, and Reggie Miller’s 8 points in 9 seconds. Shocking a team would just give up. I’d be livid if I were a Nugs fan.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,608

Post#143 » by Marvin Martian » Wed May 22, 2024 3:19 am

Wingy wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
Bah. I don’t care. Tired of idiotic unwritten rules. As long as he doesn’t yuck it up in a Denver player’s face, or get ridiculously out of hand in celebration of it, I just don’t care.

Just because you personally dont care doesnt mean it wasnt classless. I dont think Edwards waving at the crowd was a big deal but McDaniels attempted dunk at the end was classless, but they are young.

Stupid unwritten rules.

That’s what established “class” and it makes no sense as long as you’re not taunting the opponent. Play defense, and play hard til the end, and he doesn’t even have a chance to attempt that.

What’s more classless is the defending champs quitting in a game 7 with over 27 seconds left only down 7 when we’ve seen things like McGrady’s 13 in 33 seconds, and Reggie Miller’s 8 points in 9 seconds. Shocking a team would just give up. I’d be livid if I were a Nugs fan.

Don't forget that DEN also had a TO left, which makes their behavior even more baffling
ky_23
Sophomore
And1: 164

Post#144 » by ky_23 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:21 am

ant is still finding his personality in the league. his hyped up and confident personality is mostly admirable but his excitement sometimes leads some cocky behavior. there is a thin line between being a competitive, confident superstar and arrogant, repulsive player. all about filling it under. the more you the more you need to prove.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,309

Post#145 » by andyhop » Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wingy wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Stupid unwritten rules.

Don't forget that DEN also had a TO left, which makes their behavior even more baffling

The Wolves broke them
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,796

Post#146 » by Manimal » Wed May 22, 2024 6:05 am

I'm proud of the Wolves for not punching any walls or teammates yet this postseason. Clearly they've taken a jump, however small, in maturity.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,847

Post#147 » by SlimShady83 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:13 am

lmao I miss the good days man
Top 5 ...
MJ, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Kobe, Kobe, Kobe
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,636

Post#148 » by Alatan » Wed May 22, 2024 7:22 am

Its one thing being cocky, but entierly another when you act like that while playing like trash and getting carried by your team. Made a fool out himself.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,820

Post#149 » by baldur » Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 am

jack612 wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:He should have had a problem with what McDaniels did. That's a next level of disrespect on another's team in a game like this.

Not really sure why anyone would expect the Wolves not to try to score when they're only up 7 with 30 seconds to go in game 7.

because nuggets gave up and stop defending?
firedavidkahn
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,336

Post#150 » by firedavidkahn » Wed May 22, 2024 10:02 pm

Alatan wrote:Its one thing being cocky, but entierly another when you act like that while playing like trash and getting carried by your team. Made a fool out himself.

He shot the ball like trash yet he still contributed in every other facet of the game. Defense was great, rebounding was great, decision making was great.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,435

Post#151 » by Jedi32 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:18 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:With all the crap he's pulled through the series, showing a lack of respect and etiquette towards Denver's fans should come as no surprise.

A few days ago I mentioned that Anthony Edwards' constant attention seeking behavior (smack talking after G5 loss, live streaming and bashing the gays, etc.) was likely from having been raised in a single parent household. I caught a lot of flack for it but it turns out I was right.

So now it all makes sense. You can tell who was raised right (i.e. nuclear family) and who wasn't. Anthony spent his time taunting Denver fans before time even expired in the Semifinals, meanwhile Jokic didn't even celebrate the championship until he congratulated all the Heat players and staff on a tough series.

My god the projection. :lol:

Just say the word, we all know you're thinking it

Huh? What word are you expecting me to say? I'm just pointing out the narcissism of wanting attention is typically a sign of a lack of a male presence in the home. You can look up Jordan Peterson videos that explain how important a father figure is for development.

I wonder what you attribute jokic brothers thuggish behavior, fighting fans to? What do you attibute jokic over the top sensitivity like a teenage girl, being bothered by a guy waving at fans. The dumb stuff some of you post is getting comical.
MrTribbiani
Junior
And1: 151

Post#152 » by MrTribbiani » Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 pm

This thread is proof that many NBA fans are snowflakes who want players to be buddy-buddy with each other.

I personally enjoying seeing confident players trash talk each other.

RealGM has a lot of snowflakes
luka77doncic
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#153 » by luka77doncic » Wed May 22, 2024 10:41 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:With all the crap he's pulled through the series, showing a lack of respect and etiquette towards Denver's fans should come as no surprise.

A few days ago I mentioned that Anthony Edwards' constant attention seeking behavior (smack talking after G5 loss, live streaming and bashing the gays, etc.) was likely from having been raised in a single parent household. I caught a lot of flack for it but it turns out I was right.

So now it all makes sense. You can tell who was raised right (i.e. nuclear family) and who wasn't. Anthony spent his time taunting Denver fans before time even expired in the Semifinals, meanwhile Jokic didn't even celebrate the championship until he congratulated all the Heat players and staff on a tough series.

My god the projection. :lol:

Just say the word, we all know you're thinking it

Huh? What word are you expecting me to say? I'm just pointing out the narcissism of wanting attention is typically a sign of a lack of a male presence in the home. You can look up Jordan Peterson videos that explain how important a father figure is for development.

Sure, Ant Man is a fatherless menace dude hurting Nuggets fans' feelings by waving goodbye as there will be no games for their home team this playoffs after he eliminated them. How about the Jokic family, do you think Nikola's father taught his brother Strahinja to choke and physically hurt a woman and got charged for second degree assault? Or do you think Nikola's father taught his children to assault the fans of a sports his brother is a superstar?

Read on Twitter
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,904

Post#154 » by G35 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:49 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:I’m all for the disrespect

The league been way to buddy buddy

Disrespect your opponent, the fans have nothing to do with it. But what do they say now...keep that same energy, this is how the whole Caitlin Clark and that other player got into it. People see what you do and it creates negative energy and then the league has to step in and make more rules which nobody likes.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#155 » by axeman23 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 pm

Arrogant child doing arrogant child things, who would've thought? :lol:

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 16,247

Post#156 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:23 pm

G35 wrote:

Disrespect your opponent, the fans have nothing to do with it. But what do they say now...keep that same energy, this is how the whole Caitlin Clark and that other player got into it. People see what you do and it creates negative energy and then the league has to step in and make more rules which nobody likes.....

Hostile environment. You act like hundreds if not thousands of fans arent yelling stuff towards Ant & the Wolves. He has every right to bark back
MrTribbiani
Junior
And1: 151

Post#157 » by MrTribbiani » Wed May 22, 2024 11:41 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
G35 wrote:

Hostile environment. You act like hundreds if not thousands of fans arent yelling stuff towards Ant & the Wolves. He has every right to bark back

Correct take.

Some fans can dish it out but can't take it (many of them are in this thread).
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#158 » by Jedi32 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:58 pm

Handlez wrote:Jokic would literally kill Ant with his bare hands.

Ant shriveled up when Jokic confronted him.

Luka is about to humble the kid.

Where do these herculean myths of jokic come from? :lol: :lol: :lol: jokic is like a marvel character at this point.
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#159 » by Jedi32 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:01 am

axeman23 wrote:Arrogant child doing arrogant child things, who would've thought? :lol:

I thought jokic was above it. Guess not
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#160 » by axeman23 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:29 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:Dude shot 6-24 and he’s fronting out there. Lmao

Threw a chair that hit a couple people when he lost last year.

This guy will do something stupid to the wrong person someday

Shot 6-24? Dear LORD, i thought: "THAT can't be right!" Then checked, and sure enough... Dude should give his game cheque to McDaniels, instead of worrying about sending the crowd on their way... :lol:

Return to The General Board