Boston vs. Atlanta - Series BOS wins (4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

How do you think the series will go the rest of the way?

Celtics will win games 5 and 6
35%
Hawks will win games 5 and 6
11%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
4%
Hawks will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
49%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win game 6 and lose game 7
1%

Total votes: 85

JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#141 » by JHTruth » Thu May 1, 2008 5:26 pm

It's over for the Hawks and Sixers both. They both tested the top two teams in the East, but it ends here..
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,236

Post#142 » by Curmudgeon » Thu May 1, 2008 5:28 pm

Right now Orlando looks like the best team in the EC, not Boston or Detroit.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#143 » by JoshB914 » Thu May 1, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah but Orlando had the easiest opponent to deal with. The Raps cannot win a seven game series shooting jump shots all the time.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,292

Post#144 » by celticfan42487 » Thu May 1, 2008 5:44 pm

Meh you can only bet the guys in front of you. Dwight has looked like Josh Smith + Horford + some muscle without loosing any speed or strenght.

ORL's supporting cast has to step back up with their 3 point shooting though. But right now they have looked like the best team.

I don't think ATL's out of it yet, Philly may be though.. they've lost two in a row now one in the second half at their house. DET might of figured them out right now.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#145 » by PistonFan4Life » Thu May 1, 2008 5:45 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Right now Orlando looks like the best team in the EC, not Boston or Detroit.

After watching the energy and teamwork that the Hawks have played with it has proven that they are a better team than the Raptors by far.

Orlando had the easiest first round matchup of anyone. Toronto can't even play as a team and Bosh doesn't trust his teammates. What a great leader he is. When Orlando has to match up against the Pistons in a few days I don't think everyone will be saying they are the best team in the Eastern Conference for very long. They are good but have a long ways to go from being the best.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,335

Post#146 » by MagicMadness » Thu May 1, 2008 5:52 pm

The Magic definitely would've had a more difficult time facing the Hawks. Our team matches up better with the Raptors because they're soft in the middle, which Howard was able to exploit quite easily throughout the series.
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 659

Post#147 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Thu May 1, 2008 5:57 pm

MagicMadness wrote:The Magic definitely would've had a more difficult time facing the Hawks. Our team matches up better with the Raptors because they're soft in the middle, which Howard was able to exploit quite easily throughout the series.

I think the Magic and Hawks will have some very exciting playoff series against eachother in the years to come. They matchup very well right now.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,512

Post#148 » by Blame Rasho » Thu May 1, 2008 6:47 pm

I don't know how ATL can extend the series to 7... but I was wrong before when I thought it would be a sweep.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#149 » by Texas Longhorns » Thu May 1, 2008 7:22 pm

Credit to the Hawks for winning 2 games. I just can't see this series going to 7 and back to Boston. I think Boston wants it's rest over Cleveland/Washington, whoever it maybe, but if they can get their rest early, I'm sure they will come out strong and finish this series off.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,335

Post#150 » by MagicMadness » Thu May 1, 2008 7:23 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think the Magic and Hawks will have some very exciting playoff series against eachother in the years to come. They matchup very well right now.

Agreed, I could see that happening.

P.S. - For anyone reading my last post up above, I didn't mean that the Magic matched up well with the Raptors, but rather the Magic had a better match-up when facing them this postseason.
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Thu May 1, 2008 7:24 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:Credit to the Hawks for winning 2 games. I just can't see this series going to 7 and back to Boston. I think Boston wants it's rest over Cleveland/Washington, whoever it maybe, but if they can get their rest early, I'm sure they will come out strong and finish this series off.

The way to get any significant rest would have been to win one of the first two game in Atlanta and close the series out in Game 5.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#152 » by Texas Longhorns » Thu May 1, 2008 7:26 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The way to get any significant rest would have been to win one of the first two game in Atlanta and close the series out in Game 5.

Well, yeah you're right. But, I mean that's not the only raeson why I see Boston winning game 6. I think they just want to end it. Atlanta could be dangerous in 7, there is always a good chance they could win it at Boston. I don't think Boston wants to put themselves in that situation.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Thu May 1, 2008 7:30 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, yeah you're right. But, I mean that's not the only raeson why I see Boston winning game 6. I think they just want to end it. Atlanta could be dangerous in 7, there is always a good chance they could win it at Boston. I don't think Boston wants to put themselves in that situation.

I don't think there is a good chance that Atlanta wins in Boston but I think they have a decent shot at winning Game 6. If it was simply a matter of Boston not wanting Atlanta to win a home game, they would have beaten them in Game 4 after Horford trash talked Paul Pierce at the end of Game 3 and Zaza ticked off KG in Game 4. There was no lack of motivation - Atlanta was just a different team at home and beat Boston outright.

I don't think anyone is crazy for saying they believe Boston will win Game 6, I just think Atlanta has a very good shot at home and it isn't simply a matter of what Boston wants.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#154 » by JoshB914 » Thu May 1, 2008 7:47 pm

Boston DOES NOT want a game 7. If they lose this next game they are going to be under all kinds of pressure.

Even as a Hawks fan, I think the C's win a close one. But as many have said before, the Hawks have already made us look like idiots twice by winning at home, I see no reason that they can't do it again.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#155 » by JHTruth » Thu May 1, 2008 10:50 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:Meh you can only bet the guys in front of you. Dwight has looked like Josh Smith + Horford + some muscle without loosing any speed or strenght.

ORL's supporting cast has to step back up with their 3 point shooting though. But right now they have looked like the best team.

I don't think ATL's out of it yet, Philly may be though.. they've lost two in a row now one in the second half at their house. DET might of figured them out right now.

Yeah but Curm said Orlando looks the best right now. I have to say that they tooled on Toronto but Toronto did not seem to be the strongest opponent AT ALL. We need to see Detroit go up on Orlando to see how they seem then..
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,236

Post#156 » by Curmudgeon » Thu May 1, 2008 11:05 pm

I expect the Magic to beat the Pistons.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 574

Post#157 » by NDaATL » Thu May 1, 2008 11:52 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:I don't know how ATL can extend the series to 7... but I was wrong before when I thought it would be a sweep.

Things can easily change, if we just rebound the ball, the Celtics got a MILLION offensive rebounds early in the last game. JJ got into foul trouble and sat for like 10 straight minutes in the first half, this is when Boston built a big lead. The Celtics also made EVERYTHING, so I think it's very possible things could change in ATL again. Not to mention ATL couldn't get a fast break at all in Boston.
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#158 » by _BBIB_ » Fri May 2, 2008 1:00 am

If the officials don't intervene I like the Hawks chances.

But certainly Boston will be going for a knockout blow to avoid putting pressure of game 7.

I hope Hawks don't have false sense of confidence that it will be easy to recapture what they did in Games 3 and 4 because if they do then the game will be as ugly as the Philly/Detroit game looks right now
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#159 » by greenbeans » Fri May 2, 2008 1:10 am

_BBIB_ wrote:If the officials don't intervene I like the Hawks chances.

both sides have been gettin jobbed big time. it isnt an excuse for one team more than the other
sarah42
Starter

Post#160 » by sarah42 » Fri May 2, 2008 2:33 am

Curmudgeon wrote:I expect the Magic to beat the Pistons.

yeah i figured that too, but the magic rely on the three so much that if they aren't hitting, they'll probably lose. and we all now how great detroit is on the defensive end.

plus no guard on the magic side is really big enough to disrupt chauncey like philly's point guard has - andre miller that is.

and speaking of defense. dwight gets owned by sheed whenever i see the two teams go up.

sheed will have a 8 block night in that series or something.

maybe thast what has bonded dwight and chris bosh. they both have nightmares of sheed and so now they share their feelings to get through the nba season.

but that series will definitely be entertaining which ever way it goes.

not blowouts ala atlanta visting boston. actual competitive games by the road team. we rarely see those anymore.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father

Return to The General Board