Ball Family & Big Baller Brand Megathread

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#161 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Zombiesonics wrote:I don't think we need more fathers stealing the limelight from their star athlete kids, guy is selling 60$ tee shirts that are probably gilden and claiming he could beat Michael Jordan 1v1 back in the day lmao.

To me he comes off as a proud dad who has the means to push the goals for his kids to levels most parents don't dare test. Those offended are more upset he doesn't know his place and instead want him to "shut up". Same people now wish his kids failure. Sad.

I will agree he does say dumb **** sometimes like he'd beat MJ in one -on -one , but as a whole his methods don't bother me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
sophie23
Junior
And1: 127

Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#162 » by sophie23 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Lonzo ball is so absorbed by basketball and sons playing. Tina ball can be great steal for somebody.

Sonya curry still my mvp.

Sent from my SM-G920F using RealGM mobile app
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,334

Post#163 » by MagicMadness » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:18 pm

I would've been totally down with the Magic drafting Ball, but not anymore. I think every small market team is going to be hesitant to draft him now.

It's a shame, really. His dad talks a lot of trash, then expects Lonzo to back it up for him. LaVar Bell is either going to go down as a crazy genius or a massive mental case. Either way, he's made things 10 times more difficult for Lonzo as a rookie next year.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Post#164 » by Plutonashfan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 pm

The Dad wants to sign his all 3 of his sons to a 1 BILLION dollar. Dude is literally insane.
The Champ is HERE!!!
tria
Junior
And1: 757

Post#165 » by tria » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:40 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Zombiesonics wrote:I don't think we need more fathers stealing the limelight from their star athlete kids, guy is selling 60$ tee shirts that are probably gilden and claiming he could beat Michael Jordan 1v1 back in the day lmao.

To me he comes off as a proud dad who has the means to push the goals for his kids to levels most parents don't dare test. Those offended are more upset he doesn't know his place and instead want him to "shut up". Same people now wish his kids failure. Sad.

I will agree he does say dumb **** sometimes like he'd beat MJ in one -on -one , but as a whole his methods don't bother me.

And that is how that guy became president of USA.

I mean yes, method he is using is obviously working and it was proven to work by Kardashians and Trumpy. But why on earth would you support someone just saying stupid **** with no basis in reality with confidence on daily basis just to get exposure. This falls under Stop making stupid people famous category. But still you do have to give a bit credit, you need to have ballz (yea) to actually pull it off. On other hand you have to be either actually that stupid to believe it or have insanity levels of confidence.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#166 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:45 pm

If I'm putting my money on it, Lonzo Ball is a star, the middle son never pans out, and LaMelo can hope to be Seth to Lonzo's Steph.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#167 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:48 pm

tria wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

I mean yes, method he is using is obviously working and it was proven to work by Kardashians and Trumpy. But why on earth would you support someone just saying stupid **** with no basis in reality with confidence on daily basis just to get exposure. This falls under Stop making stupid people famous category. But still you do have to give a bit credit, you need to have ballz (yea) to actually pull it off. On other hand you have to be either actually that stupid to believe it or have insanity levels of confidence.

The only way this has made LaVar famous is the offended people talking about him. People such as myself who see a dad trying to be the best he can be don't circulate this story. LaVar may come off as insane but remember he has molded Lonzo into one hell of a player.

tria
Junior
And1: 757

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#168 » by tria » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:02 pm

City of Trees wrote:
tria wrote:
City of Trees wrote:To me he comes off as a proud dad who has the means to push the goals for his kids to levels most parents don't dare test. Those offended are more upset he doesn't know his place and instead want him to "shut up". Same people now wish his kids failure. Sad.

The only way this has made LaVar famous is the offended people talking about him. People such as myself who see a dad trying to be the best he can be don't circulate this story. LaVar may come off as insane but remember he has molded Lonzo into one hell of a player.

Well that is true you or people thinking like you do not circulate. But You think it's ok. Circulation is done by people beeing offended (not entirely agree if that is correct word for it), and with it "the word" reaches more and more people. And with that it reaches more and more people thinking it is ok and support it. Free publicity by saying controversial things. And all are to blame. But still i put more blame on ones actually supporting this kind of, well, advertising. The ones that at the end actually cast the vote or buy overpriced shoes/t-shirt.

Not that i think that past elections and this guy are the same, i can just see many simmilar things.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#169 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:16 pm

tria wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
tria wrote:And that is how that guy became president of USA.

Well that is true you or people thinking like you do not circulate. But You think it's ok. Circulation is done by people beeing offended (not entirely agree if that is correct word for it), and with it "the word" reaches more and more people. And with that it reaches more and more people thinking it is ok and support it. Free publicity by saying controversial things. And all are to blame. But still i put more blame on ones actually supporting this kind of, well, advertising. The ones that at the end actually cast the vote or buy overpriced shoes/t-shirt.

Not that i think that past elections and this guy are the same, i can just see many simmilar things.

LaVar Ball isn't the first parent to hype their children (Kobe, Williams sisters, ect)... Your Trump comparison is calculated and a bit off IMO. I hate mixing sports and politics.

Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer
And1: 873

Post#170 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Lonzo Ball's pop is pure comedy and I enjoy seeing people so mad over his comments. Entertaining and hilarious that people would be so bothered by him lol
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#171 » by Sixersftw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:48 pm

(Looks at KJ McDaniel's mom, Chuck Okafor, Kendall Marshall's Dad, Ben Simmons' sister)

We got this guys. I'm sure Chuck and he will be fast friends.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#172 » by eagereyez » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Lavar Ball is only asking for a $1B shoe deal so that he can finally get his teeth whitened.
Dajadeed
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,643

Post#173 » by Dajadeed » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:41 pm

An asking price is only ridiculous until someone pays it.

Not saying he will get it, but this past year has had so many "wtf?" moments that this would just be another Wednesday if it happens.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#174 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:Lonzo Ball's pop is pure comedy and I enjoy seeing people so mad over his comments. Entertaining and hilarious that people would be so bothered by him lol

I agree. I love Lavar Ball. He's a marketing genius. Notice not many people are talking about the other top prospects. All the sports outlets are talking about Lavar and his sons and his Big Baller Brand. People say how much they don't like what he's saying but guess what? They are talking about him and Lonzo. The media can choose not to talk about him but they do because he's a ratings grabber and moves the needle.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,376

Post#175 » by Arsenal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Lavar Ball is hilarious. We need to hear more from him.
Robo_Claw
Senior
And1: 639

Post#176 » by Robo_Claw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:Lonzo Ball's pop is pure comedy and I enjoy seeing people so mad over his comments. Entertaining and hilarious that people would be so bothered by him lol

I agree. I love Lavar Ball. He's a marketing genius. Notice not many people are talking about the other top prospects. All the sports outlets are talking about Lavar and his sons and his Big Baller Brand. People say how much they don't like what he's saying but guess what? They are talking about him and Lonzo. The media can choose not to talk about him but they do because he's a ratings grabber and moves the needle.

Literally no one cares about the big baller brand. People are talking about lonzo because he's good. Not because his dad sells garbage overpriced t-shirts.
norcocredo wrote:It's called the basketball hall of fame not the life hall of fame.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#177 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Robo_Claw wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

Literally no one cares about the big baller brand. People are talking about lonzo because he's good. Not because his dad sells garbage overpriced t-shirts.

No one cares, yet. Let Lonzo make the final 4 or see success in the NBA and it will take off. Now it's not going to compete with the big brands but it's a smart move. Be your own brand instead of signing with Nike, ect. $1 Billion should be out of the question but a reasonable price is worth it for his kids.

Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#178 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Robo_Claw wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

If they don't then oh well. Lavar is still getting the name out there. Nobody is talking about Josh Jackson or Jonathan Isaac or Tatum they way they are talking about Ball. Again Lavar is a marketing genius.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#179 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Mark my words, if Lonzo Ball or whatever team that drafts him doesn't get his dad to simmer down, he is going to ruin the kids career.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#180 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Mark my words, if Lonzo Ball or whatever team that drafts him doesn't get his dad to simmer down, he is going to ruin the kids career.

It doesn't look like it bothers Lonzo or UCLA? And other two Ball kids are committed to UCLA.

Return to The General Board